main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW The Complete Season Four DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Oct 16, 2012.

1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This is the only TV show I fire the projector up for. Star Wars is just meant for the big screen, TV show or not. :)

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm jealous!!!

Seerow and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  3. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    The dang thing goes through lamps faster than GG loses. I wouldn't be so sure. lol

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  4. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I have the steelbook, it's awesome and well worth it. It's been my only DVD purchase in years but it was worth it just for the steelbook.

It seems like Grievous, Rex, Ventress/Savage are on the discs. I can't make out the other one.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    That does look way more awesome than my regular TCW movie blu-ray.

6. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Unfortunately, every episode from Season 5 has been out of sync so far. It's not until the Saturday after the episode aired that someone provides those living outside the U.S. a properly synced MKV. I watch the episode with the off-sync anyway, simply because I don't want to the spoiled or miss out on the discussion. "FOR THE REPUBLIC!"

This of course could all be avoided. If CN / Lucasfilm would understand this is the 21st Century and preventing the rest of the World from watching their content simultaneously with the U.S. is no longer acceptable, especially since a lot of countries no longer air the show on regular (pay) TV (U.K.) altogether.

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Ah, so it's not my imagination or my computer. I do wait until the Monday, as that's when an MKV file usually pops up.

I can't fathom why LucasFilm would limit TCW to the US. The ratings aren't fantastic, surely they'd want to add to their viewerbase any way they can?

8. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Lucasfilm's mentality:

/jk :p

However, it does get irritating to see TCW get broadcast in the UK many months after the USA and Canada, by which time all the devoted fans have already seen it. They should release the original English language version in Anglophone countries within at most a couple of weeks of the American air date. Anything else would be pointless.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I know, but careful with the piracy talk. Thank you.

I'm definately going to be the house guest who won't leave when I get it, going to go over to my buddy's house with the 80 inch Mitsu 3D DLP. Man on of my ambitions is to get a HD DLP projector and top that one day.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Apologies. I do buy the Blu-Rays each year though, so LucasFilm doesn't have to worry. And I'd watch it legitimately if I could.

Regardless, I'll get back on topic. I just LOVE the Jedi Temple Archives on these Blu-Ray releases. Just being able to look at all the models, see early animation tests, I'm so interested in how this show is put together.

I wish they'd do a step-by-step of how an episode is made. You know, presumably from the writers to George and then to concept artists, and then animators, and then voice actors. It'd be a really interesting behind-the-scenes look.

11. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    I hate the archives, but only because they could be better organized. My player has difficulty with them, so it'd be nice to have all the stuff in a traditional special features page so I could see it all.

12. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    These days you can get a HD DLP for less than a good LED tv. I've got a friend who has a 4k projector and it's safe to say he has a hard time getting me to leave. :D

13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I wonder what's going to be added to 'Escape From Kadavo' (if that's gonna be one of the extended episodes).

14. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    They could add a lot, that episode was way rushed

15. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Hopefully more Grievous killing zombie witches, or an extended cut of his fight with Ventress. Would be nice.

16. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't think they are limiting TCW to the US. It's up the channels that have it to decide when to air it I think. The numbers of viewers in other countries have no affect on the viewership in the US. It all depends on the US ratings I think if the show gets renewed or not, not a combination of all the viewers the world over.

17. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Rushed?; it felt pretty well rounded to me when I watched it.

18. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    The scene between Miraj and Dooku was far too rushed for me as was the ending. What happened to the other 50,000 or so slaves and giving Ahsoka credit for the entire operation was slightly ridiculous. Enjoyed the rest of it.

Valairy Scot and Random Comments like this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    My friend's TV would eat the living room in the house I'm in. Sadly my main TV is a 37 inch LED TV. Not a major deal for me though since my techno list is more toward high end computers (or small and fast laptops like the Sony Z series) rather than bigass TVs.

I can only hope Escape From Kadavo has an extended ending, although extended Rex beating down Zygarrian mooks would be a nice cherry on top.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  20. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    I know I'm going off-topic here, but remember that the mission was to free the enslaved Togruta colony from the planet and that they did; I imagine the Jedi can't just free thousands of slaves just like that, such stuff takes time and is definitely not easy, especially with those dastardly Zygerrians having the slave market their iron grip.

It sometimes feels like people is making to big of a fuss about that; to me it was pretty understandable.

21. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    There were more than ten or so people in the colony.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  22. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    It wasn't even mentioned that's the point

23. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Yes, there were more than ten individuals in the colony (though nowhere near 50,000) and I think the reason why there were so few of them in the end was because many died in captivity before the Republic came to their rescue; seems like at least a somewhat logical explanation.

Now let's get back on topic; the only part I can see them adding stuff to is the battle at the end (for example, they only showed Plo shooting down one of the two enemy fighters so to see him blasting the other one would be nice).

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Aw m8

totes gona b rushin out 2 by dis

25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I know one thing, I won't be buying it on DVD. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not buying all of these on Bluray. Because of Verizon Cable, this will be the second year in a row that I won't be watching the show in HD. I got to see season one HD in syndication on some other channel recently and I was amazed on how much I've forgotten that this show really pops with colors and detail.