main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW The Complete Season Four DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    WB has been doing this a lot with series sets. Harry Potter Ultimate Editions changed up packaging with the 3rd movie and then again with the 7th, creating different widths and spines. Same with Adult Swim shows.

I know it's nit picky, but I'm looking at the above pic and notice that the season 1 slipcover has the logo and "The Complete Season One" a tad lower than the other releases. I work in graphic design, so I guess it's just something I'm very aware of. :p

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I went to three stores this afternoon and they were all sold out. :( I'll have to try again Thursday.

3. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    It wasn't specific to a store but I remember even on release day I had trouble finding it. If I remember correctly both Best Buy and Target didn't have the cover. I then took a trip to another Best Buy and they had it there. I guess its kind of rare but I see people selling it in the slipcover exchange thread at Blu-Ray.com from time to time. It's pretty cool though as the cover switches between Assaj and Anakin.

[​IMG]

4. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Watched 4 of the 5 documentaries so far, and none of the episodes yet. I half want to just watch the extended episodes now to see what's different, but I'd really rather marathon the season and enjoy them in 1080p widescreen as is than spoil the fun early. Indeed, there are 4 directors cuts.

The 5 sets of documentaries are fairly lengthy as well. Each running from 18-25 minutes so far. Some things of note...

1. Filoni discusses the Separatist fleet supply ship seen in Umbara, noting that it was originally going to be a trade federation droid ship, but they designed a new ship be a specific Separatist fleet as a way to distance the Trade Federation ships from the rest of the fleet, noting that when they appeared in season 3, they actually removed the separatist emblems later seen in Episode III. He did however say that the Trade Federation would eventually participate in the war fully as seen in the battle in Episode III. Also, when discussing the Seperatist council, he notes that the EU's emphasis of things being black and white was "not quite correct", but rather that these corporations each had other neutral figures running the operations in public while the council remained behind the scenes. San Hill is mentioned by name, so at least Filoni knows he exists.;)

Also, in the original script for Umbara, Rex was supposed to shoot Krell.

2. Similarly, Zygerrians were somewhat redesigned to be more coyote like because Filoni didn't like the idea of an animated series using so many humanoid star trek tacking makeup on a human face style aliens.

3. When discussing Ventress, Katie Lucas goes into a fair amount of detail about her EU portrayal and how that resonated with her when she wrote Ventress' story, and also how Ventress did indeed intentionally flirt with Obiwan in the clone wars movie, and somewhat does so again in Brothers. Heck, there's a deleted scene where Ventress and Obiwan even make a joke about it where he decides that he will let her go for now because she spared his life and can help keep Maul and Savage occupied elsewhere.

4. Sam Witner, when discussing Talzin, cryptically says that someone asked him if she died in that scene in Massacre, to which he then responded "Well, was she ever really alive to begin with?". While fairly obviously meant as a joke, take note that this could end up being a fascinating idea for Talzin and where her story could be going. Who knows, maybe he knows something we don't.

5. I don't remember exact details, but I'm pretty sure Filoni said that Anakin's mistrust of the jedi council will be further expanded upon in season 5. I'm guessing as part of the Clovis arc. Don't quote me on this. He also talks of new desert helmets for wolf pack in a season beyond 5.

Those are the most notable things I recall for now. There is more of course. I haven't even touched the directors cuts or Mon Calamari documentary segment yet.

Dark-Fox likes this.
  5. DarthMarino

Jul 18, 2002
    A note on the Director's Cuts. I checked 2 of them and the run times were almost identical to the other episodes. I'm really doubting anything substantial is different between these and the broadcast versions. I'm sure some other forum members will be able to pick out the differences but I wouldn't be expecting much.

6. GeneralCIS

GeneralCIS Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2012
    I do hope there is deleted scenes on this.

7. DarthMarino

Jul 18, 2002
    There are. Just like the first 3 seasons you can find them in the Jedi Temple Archive (Blu-Ray only, not DVD).

8. LittleDefel

LittleDefel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 17, 2012
    Thanks for the summaries. They reported on starwarsunderworld.com a few months ago that the Wolfpack was going to have an awesome new helmet design in Season 6 - I'm guessing it's the desert helmets you mentioned.

Filoni said we would be seeing Tusken raiders in a future season. Maybe we're going to get a Tatooine arc in Season 6 with Tuskens and the Wolfpack.

9. GeneralCIS

Oct 23, 2012
    Thanks for letting me know :)

10. GeneralCIS

Oct 23, 2012

This would be cool.

11. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    That does seem possible. It remains one of the only season 6 hints we have so far.

12. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Got mine! Popped it in, none of the buttons work on the menus. I was about to write up a bunch of complaining comments, when I realized my blu-ray player was behind on firmware updates. Was at 1.27, and 1.6 was the latest :p

So here I sit, with my player moved into the other room to a wired internet connection. Updating.... updating.... fingers crossed!

update: success!

[​IMG]

^ I have more Star Wars DVDs, but they're behind these. I ran out of space having bought the first OT release, and then the three rereleases with the laserdisc transfers. Too much for one shelf! :p

[​IMG]

More pics:

http://i.imgur.com/aJ2aL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/30C5n.jpg

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Best Buy here I came and home I am. Report to follow later.

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    My copy is here, not surprisingly making my way through Umbara and just finished Darkness. Gorgeous on blu-ray and glad to finally see it without any damn microblocking. There is alot of be said for seeing the original aspect ratio as well. Many times as I've seen Darkness I never noticed the Umbara fighters bombing the clones early in the episode and the scene with the monster Venus fly trap looks much bigger in scope.

15. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    On mine, the the logo on the movie is different and of a significantly lower resolution. Then season 3 has a different blu ray logo which is higher up and larger than 1 and 2. Season 3's logo was also lower. I'm way to OCD for them to change stuff like that.. [face_laugh]

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    "The General" is really benefiting from the blu-ray treatment. Those explosions.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Finish the Umbaran arc. As far as I can tell the director's cut for Carnage is an extended 'Hunt for Krell' as they call it. More carnage indeed but nothing deep. There are a crap ton of concept arts. I LOLed at the concept art of Krell with what looked like a cigar. Cody got a cameo in the arc at the beginning but I was still kinda surprised his Phase II art is in the Umbara extras. There was also a deleted scene of a banshee attack on the wounded with Kix struggling to fend them off. Time for "Slaves of the Republic".

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    which Character is he again?

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

The clone medic. He also appeared in "The Deserter" when Rex got shot.

[​IMG]

20. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I really need to get a Blu-ray player.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I wish they'd make the pretty concept paintings available as wallpaper on the OS or something. I'd love it. Make it so anybody official reading this. The turntables are better as well, they are fully animated.

22. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Great set as always, though lacking like in Season 3, I do wish they put as much effort into the sets like they did in Season 1 and 2.

I find it incredibly lazy that the same Ventress picture for Season 3 Disc 3 is used for Season 4 Disc 2.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    ahh, i thought Jesse was the medic lol

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

[​IMG]

Jesse is in the back on the left with the big republic tattoo on his head.

Darth Vader likes this.
  25. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    That's interesting. Does this mean we'll see an episode in which Lott Dodd and Nix Card leave the senate?