main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW The Complete Season Four DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Oct 16, 2012.

1. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    The slightest difference I found in Escape From Kadavo, was that the beginning with Obi Wan and Rex and the togruta's seemed slightly longer, or different and more violent shots were used with electro whippings.

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Can't say I saw any difference - I watched the Umbara and Kadavo arcs last night. I have to say Umbara benefits from running in a row - only end credits and roll into the next episode.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm understanding now why the director's cut aren't advertised on the boxes. Seems to me atleast with Carnage and "Escape from Kadavo" episodes were either shorted for run time or CN did a little censoring when they aired, that's all.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Verizon Cable just picked up Cartoon Network in HD. Yaaaaayyyyyyyy!

Finally! It's been way over a year since I've watched a new Clone Wars episode in HD.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  5. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    About time.

6. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I don't see what it has to do with Season 4 on DVD & Blu-ray, though.

7. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Picked this up in Blu-ray last night after work..Watched all the way up to the Umbara arc. Besides the dumb droid episodes it's been a blast so far.

8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Stop hating.

9. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Wanted poster is cool, just wish they would've done something cooler for the main slip out thing. The first set had the poster art look, the second had the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly and the third had the Savage Opress episode screening poster. This has a very bland logo with character stills.

10. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
  11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Cool it. Lets stay on topic.

12. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Welp, this set was great until it started skipping. I have no more firmware updates, so it looks like it's time to get a new player.:(

13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I hope someone of you who have watched the Director's Cut episodes will sooner or later post a list of the added/extended scenes inserted into the episodes.

14. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Let the new diner meme's flow.... :p

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  15. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Do you have the SW Trilogy Blu Ray's? I had a lot of problems with those freezing and skipping till I got a new BR player.

16. LittleDefel

LittleDefel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 17, 2012
    I was watching Brothers last night and I noticed a slight difference in the scene where Savage sees spider Maul for the first time. In the original cut, there was an awkward shot of spider Maul jumping on Savage and getting right in his face. The shot was awkward because Maul's head was about three times as large as Savage's head. That shot is gone in the bluray version and a slightly different scene has been inserted.

StampidHD280pro likes this.
  17. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Honestly, I've yet to see any real differences although I still have one arc to go (the Maul, Ventress arc)

18. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    Um, yeah. But I was lucky. The only issue I had with those Blu Rays were 2 scenes in Episode II, Anakin's mother, and Yoda in the Clone Wars. I did a little research online, and it was a fairly common problem. The firmware update didn't help it, but I could live with it. This, Season 4 of TCW, being skippy here and there, rather inconsistently, I cannot live with.

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I wouldn't get too excited. This isn't a radical reinvention like Blade Runner or adding a tonne of extra footage like LOTR. They're "director's cuts" only in the very loosest sense.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I've only watched Carnage so far. Far as I can tell in Carnage its just a slightly extended version of the Hunt For Krell as they call it with a few more violent shots added of Krell cutting up clones. Its nothing major at all. I'll tackle the Slave arc finally on Sunday.

21. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    The differences on the special release of that arc were minimal, I doubt they will be altered again. Speaking of said arc, I love the way SO's lightsaber hums when he wastes the mechno Jawas. Best saber sound, ever... IMO.

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Is it me, or do the Star Wars: The Complete Saga Blurays seem sort of lacking in quality? I just got them from Amazon (yeah, I love buying crap I already own) and popped them into the PS3 as soon as I could. Boy, was I disappointed. There really isn't that much of a difference between DVD and Bluray, is there?

23. StampidHD280pro

Jul 28, 2005
    Most of the difference is in stray hairs or in the gleam of the eye. Little tiny things. Some people even prefer DVD. I think it's just a matter of preference really. I would have settled for a DVD if it were available, and had I not prepared by buying a blu ray player 2 years in advance. I wonder how many people actually made the switch because someday the next edition of Star Wars would be released.

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Umm, that was one reason.

25. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    What kind of TV are you watching these on (size, resolution, etc)? Are you using an HDMI cable? There's a huge difference depending on your setup.

http://www.pixartalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bdchair.jpg
    http://www.pixartalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/dvdchair.jpg

Blow those up full size and I'm pretty sure you'll agree that there IS that much of a difference between the 2 formats. The Star Wars Blu-Rays aren't the best examples of how good an upgrade can be (see the new Jaws Blu-Ray instead) but they are a solid upgrade.