main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TCW theatrical movie...Razzie material?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by JediOverlord, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    I was looking around Ye Olde Internet yesterday, when I came upon the website for the Golden Raspberry Award Foundation, or the Razzies, who give out awards for bad movies every year. I saw that they currently got a short list up of films for 2008 that just might be nominated, and TCW is on it, sadly enough. On their message board for it here, they seem to take perverse delight in mocking SW fans for having defended the prequels, which they nominated each year they came out.

But the thing is, I don't think TCW, whatever faults it may have, will be worth putting down as the worst of 2008 in movies in anything. Not when there's the likes Freidberg and Seltzer polluting cinemas with their lame "Insert Genre Here" Movies. That's the kind of stuff the Razzies should focus on.

I think they just have a grudge against Lucas.

2. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    If Sophia freaking Coppola can get a Razzie for worst supporting actress in TPM, then I wouldn't put anything past them.

Seriously. Sophia freaking Coppola! For a two-second cameo with no dialogue! Ridiculous.

3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    yea why not, its probably going to get it. Entertainment magazine alos never has anything good to say about star wars.

4. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Is there anybody in the critic world who DOESN'T have a grudge?

5. Cloudy

Cloudy Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2008
    Most people use their time to create something generally positive. The Razzies devote their time and energy solely to denouncing things. On top of that, they make wierd choices like overreacting about TPM cause it was different than the OT and giving half their awards to the same movie to make some stupid point. It's a sad enough excuse for an existence without us actually taking them seriously. I'm not saying CW was good, but just ignore them until they find something better to do with their lives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.