main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW Timeline Discrepancies

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Clone Commander Cassius, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Clone Commander Cassius

Clone Commander Cassius Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2016
    Okay, I only recently got the collector's edition box set (high recommend btw), and the 6th season I had to get on regular cover/set thingy. Anyway, I initially watched them in the order they originally aired. Now I've gone back and watched the entire series all over again in chronological order according to http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

So far these are the only issues I have noticed. I took notes on every episode and jotted down the events that took place in each episode, what other events that may have taken place concurrently, events characters may have mentioned in dialogue, etc and then I checked them against wookiepedia and everything checks out except for the errors listed below (episode # indicates place on timeline according to above link):

episode 2 - how would Ventress have known Kenobi prior to duel and vice versa?
    episode 3 - ARC's have Phase II armor this early? <- probably just a continuity issue
    episode 5 - how would Republic know of Grievous if he didn't appear until the Battle of Hypori?
    episode 38 - newsreel shows senate hostage crisis as taking place before Tano losing her lightsaber? <- again, probably just a continuity error

So far I have the second half of season 5 and all of season 6 left to watch. then I'll be done fact-checking the timeline in the link I posted above. So give me this time next week at the latest and I'll have finished checking the rest by then. let me know if anyone else spots any errors I may have missed...

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    They've never shown a canon first meeting of Obi-Wan and Ventress yet. Following the original microseries, Anakin met her on Yavin IV, but that's not technically canon anymore.

Basing off Anakin's role as a Knight by the time of TCW, the Battle of Hypori seen in the microseries took place before any of the events in TCW.

With the ARC's, it seems like a slight production glitch. They wanted to introduce a prototype Phase II for the ARCs, but because the arc was set right at the start of the timeline it stands out a bit. It's not actually true Phase II yet, retaining the fin, and having a slightly different base to the helmet front. In Senate Murders we see Senator Burtonni proposing the true Phase II, probably to roll out for all the troops, not just the special ARC troops.

Newsreel footage tends to use stuff from all over the timeline to represent stuff, so I wouldn't take too much stock in it. They'd already produced Hostage Crisis, so they chose to reuse some footage from it. Nothing more.

Oh, and the Chrono order is wrong on 3 episodes, Eps 605, 606 and 607 should take place before Ep 501, as there are many errors if seen later.

3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    In general, most of your questions are answered by the fact that TCW series takes place 6 months after AOTC, so a lot happens off screen in between. The micro series mentioned above would be a Legends versions of a portion of that time period.

TetsuAero likes this.