main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Tea Tree Gully Library Star Wars Day - July 15

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Merrick77, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merrick77

Merrick77 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 28, 2007
    Some of you may remember the Star Wars day the Library held in 2007 and what a buzz it was for those involved, especially the kids (except the ones that Hunky made cry... ). There was over 2000 people through the door that day!

Well the Library is doing it again this July as part of the School Holiday Program.

On July 15th from around 11 am until the evening, the Library is running a load of programs for kids and adults and are extending an invitation to members of the SAFF to attend in costume. We are actually hoping that some members would like to be involved in some of the programs on the day too!

Last time there was a mock lightsaber duel between two staff which was pretty popular with the kids, but lacked a little authenticity. This year we are hoping that we would could enlist a couple of Ultra-Saber armed folk to give us a couple of saber duels that will make the kids' heads explode! (Well maybe not explode, but you understand).

There will be Clone mask making and a Clone parade (any Clones are very very welcome), dress your teddy as an ewok for the real young ones, a bunch of other craft activities and stuff. Adults will be able to participate in an interactive quiz to win some pretty good prizes (probably film tickets at this stage but that may change).

There will be a FREE screening of Star Wars: the Clone Wars film from 6 pm for anyone who wants to attend, put on by RoadMovie (like with a big screen and proper sound).

If anyone is interested or would like further information feel free to PM me or respond in this thread.

Cheers Merrick (on behalf of Pam at the CTTG Library)

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    This is only 5 days after the Hogwarts day, and being as it's an hours drive, I have to think about this one.

3. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    sorry but we cant make it this time around due to work.

4. shadowself

shadowself Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2007
    I'm interested in coming along, but I'll need to check with work about taking a day off.

5. Merrick77

Jun 28, 2007
    Did I mention costumed volunteers get free dinner?

They get free dinner. (not sure what yet, proabably party pies or something)

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I have realised I can't, I have another event on that day that goes from 12.30 then later at 8pm. I'm sorry, just can't be there, would like to though. But if you want a costume for display, Toddi has my Leia Bespin, and it looks so lovely on you ;)

7. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    I will be there, but i have another event i am attending at night.

So i'll be a busy Quin that day

8. JediMullen

JediMullen Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2009
    is that this year? sorry im new

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yes, this is this year, and welcome to the SAFF!!

10. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    I'll be involved in other events on this day, but will make sure there is some SW stuff there ... like A-D's Leia Bespin cossie which Merrick loves wearing and some SAFF stuff too :D

Welcome to SAFF JediMullen! :)

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    He's not going to wear it on the day is he?!?? :eek:

12. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    I'd love to dare him to! :p I wonder if he'd take up the challenge! [face_thinking]

13. Merrick77

Jun 28, 2007
    Merrick will be taking Jedi padawan classes for half the day. I don't think they will respect his authoritah if he's dressed as Bespin Leia.
    No would my employers...

But the gesture is kind.

14. Merrick77

Jun 28, 2007
    Welcome to SAFF too JediMullin!
    If you want to come to this event and want more details feel free to PM me.

15. JediMullen

JediMullen Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2009
    Hi i cant PM yet! my email is jedivampire2@yahoo.com.au

Hi yes help please on anything to do with the club! do you guys have meetings etc that i could go to to learn more about stuff! as i want to get envolved! ive always wanted to be a stormtrooper! i have a voice clone trooper helmet and thats it when it comes to the costume! i want to buy a stormtrooper costume but am saving for my wedding next year sept! but at least ive joined and i get to learn more about costumes that i want to get!

16. Merrick77

Jun 28, 2007
    Here's a little promotional video that me and Toddi put together as a blog ad for the event.

Video

Sorry JediMullen I forgot to reply, I've just sent you an email. Congrats on your wedding!

17. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Awesome video [face_laugh]

18. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    Have fun tomorrow guys, hope it all goes well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.