main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC tea

Discussion in 'Community' started by Zapdos, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    i've recently started drinking tea. a lot. especially at work.

started with a regular pack of twinings. then i found out that pukka had a lot of good flavours. and now i'm trying out something called yogi tea, i think.

i just try to buy a new flavour every time i go tea shopping, so that i may find new favourites. apparently i buy anything with the word "ginger" on it.

tell me what the best tea is, pls.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I love tea. The best is what your taste buds tell you.

Right now I've been buying alot of Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice - a spicy chai-style blend with cinnamon, ginger and cloves.

When I really want to treat myself I go to the mall and hit Teavana for their overpriced teas.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    I'm starting to get into it as well since I need to not be drinking soda anymore. Today started with sweet tea (note to self, get sweetener and go for unsweet) and has moved to a cup of earl gray.

Still sipping on it, and the tea bag is still in it .... going on 3 hours now. Interestingly, lots of flavors I can taste now. :D

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You gave up soda and now you're drinking tea with a load of sugar dumped into it, AmySolo?

Tazo Awake Tea is my personal favourite. Obviously with a splash of milk.

5. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    blahblabhalh. It's a work in progress, hence the unsweet and control my own sweetness.

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Earl Grey. Hot.

KissMeImARebel and Nyota's Heart like this.
  7. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Lipton like a mofo!

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013

9. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

Yeah he was bangin.

[​IMG]

True Sith, jp-30, Ramza and 4 others like this.
  10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I usually have Twinings... either Earl Grey or English Breakfast, served hot with no milk or sugar, and just leave the bag in. I don't drink coffee, so tea it is. Iced tea, too, sometimes at restaurants. That I'll do half sweet half unsweet.

11. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    As long as your pinky finger is extended whilst you sip, there is no "wrong" tea.

AmySolo likes this.
  12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i mostly like herbal teas and black tea. with herbal tea i usually buy a variety pack, but with black tea i pretty much stick to orange spice.

13. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I don't like coffee so I drink tea at work. Right now, I'm doing a Rooibos Vanilla tea and I put cream and a small splash of vanilla Monin syrup in it for sweetness. During the summer, I tend to drink green tea, usually Tazo Zen, green tea with mint and lemongrass. I frequently make that one into iced tea too. Wintertime, I tend to have chai for months. Again with cream and either pumpkin spice or gingerbread spice syrup.

14. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    I usually have earl grey for breakfast, but I bought a variety pack from Twinnings and it has two types of breakfast tea and a lady grey which is like earl but with more citrus. They're all pretty good.

15. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I prefer Earl Grey as an afternoon tea, I think because to me it's a bit of a stronger flavor.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yumsy - Earl Grey - hot [face_laugh] ;) and do love chai - Twinings and/or Celestial Seasonings. English Breakfast or Asian green teas for morning.

17. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I gave up coffee and sugar for Lent so drank a lot of sugarless tea. Learned that tea w/o sugar is basically like drinking a tree branch. Yuck.

18. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
  19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I love tea, drink it all the time.

I recently bought THIS Twinings tea assortment and it's great! You get a bunch of different teas to try that you might not want to buy a whole box of to see if you like it. I discovered I really love their Lemon and Ginger tea from that.

One of my favorites is Harney and Son's "Hot Cinnamon Spice", but you have to buy it in the sachets and not the normal tea bags. The normal tea bags just don't taste as good.

I really like Bigelow's Mint Medley as well, it's probably my favorite mint tea.

20. slightly_unhinged

slightly_unhinged Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
  21. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I also do a nice PG Tips when I feel like an English Black Tea. Or I think it's Good Earth has a Sweet & Spicy that's amazing and needs no sugar or anything... and it doesn't taste like tree bark.

22. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Peppermint tea and Mango tea are both nice

AmySolo likes this.
  23. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Teavana has some yummy teas but you need to take someone who's resistant to pushy salespeople. EVERY TIME I'm like "I just want an ounce or two of this" and they'll pour like 6 ounces in the bag, and I have to be like "No, dude, pour it back. I ain't paying $80 for this." And then they're like "listen if you just get four more ounces you get a discount!" It's really hard to leave there with less than a pound of tea because they WILL push it on you until you cave. I'm too weak for Teavana.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  24. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Tea without sugar is just vegetable soup

AmySolo likes this.
  25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Love tea. Almost rely on it sometimes, because I don't drink coffee and need caffeine somehow.

My tea of choice depends on time and occasion.

Morning: nice earthy pu-erh with chrysanthemum to mellow it out (2:1 ratio), great for caffeine
    Afternoon: green tea for relaxation, a sencha if I'm at home or a Chinese green if I'm away
    Evening: silver needle white tea, low caffeine

I generally prefer Chinese tea, love the variety of Japanese tea, and only go with Indian/English tea when I have to. Mostly out of flavor preference.

Also I don't use milk unless it's English tea or a proper chai, and never sweetened because omg (e.g., when I have chai, I prefer it without heaps of sugar/syrup like you find in most commercial places in the US).

Oh and of course if it's summer and hot, then I'm generally good with whatever unsweetened ice tea is out there as long as it's just straight tea and not minty or anything else.

Man, so Teavana was my first real experience with loose leaf and that is 100% accurate. They just upsell like mad. Yeesh.

That pu-erh I mentioned above? It's from a mountain that Teavana sold me like last year that I'm still working through.

Happily I found some ethnic small family tea purveyors instead and am now much happier.

Boba Nekhbet and EHT like this.