main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Teach Me To Trust; can Qui-Gon save Obi-Wan from the hands of an abusive Master?(au for JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Angel5000, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Poor Obi... I hope he learns to trust Qui soon!!!!

More soon please! :D

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Aweeeeeeeee, Qui-Gon should give Obi one big hug. I feel so bad for him. I hope he'll trust Qui at some point.

3. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    I just foudn this and it is awesome!
    Please post more soon!

~S-wk

4. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Qui-Gon, can't you see that there's something really, really wrong?!

Nice post, Angel. :)

x Clare x

5. blueangel

blueangel Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2001
    Qui-Gon is so blind!!!! The post is good and very realistic!!!
    Go On, can´t wait for more!!!!! ;o)
    ba

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Still fantastic and heartbreaking. I knew Obi-Wan was instinctively bracing himself for a lashing, which is the worst part, especially with Qui-Gon.

7. SilverWander

SilverWander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2001
    Angel Good work I can't wait to read the NEXT POST!
    Put it up soon please!
    :)

8. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Up again!
    More soon?

9. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I don't know if I would call Qui-Gon blind. However, I hope he figures it out soon.

10. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    up one more time!

more soon????

11. blueangel

Dec 8, 2001
    M O R E P L E A S E
    want to see how Qui-Gon realize the truth!!!
    Perhaps he isn´t really blind, he only doesn´t want to see!!!!
    GO ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

12. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Hey all!! I got another post for ya'll!! :)

Hope ya like.

....and Qui isn't necessarily blind...but how many of you would suspect a Jedi Master of beating his apprentice? Especially one that's had previous apprentices become Knight's with no problem at all (speaking of Joli here who died).

For the next few days Qui-Gon was preoccupied and worried. The Force around him seemed to be filled with a strange sorrow, either that or his feelings would be blocked off completely. Obi-Wan noticed this and watched the older man carefully. When Na?em had been like this he had suddenly gotten over it and that?s when the mood swings had started. Because of that the boy kept an eye on Qui-Gon, in hopes that he could avoid an angry outburst when it finally came.

One night, several days after Obi-Wan started keeping watch on the Jedi Master, he was awakened in the middle of the night by the communication unit beeping. He strained to hear what was being said but Master Jinn?s voice was too quiet. Suddenly he felt a burst of regret and distress before it disappeared. Almost instantly he hurried out into the main room, only to find the conversation over.

?Master Jinn?? He asked hesitantly.

Qui-Gon turned to the boy with a sad look in his eyes, ?Sit down Obi-Wan, I need to speak with you about something.? Qui-Gon?s voice was neutral and void of any emotion but they both knew that there was sorrow hidden beneath

When the boy had complied Qui-Gon turned toward him, ?We have received news today about the planet where your Master had been for his mission. While he was there, attempting to bring peace between two fighting races, war broke out. He was caught in the middle, at the front lines.? Here Qui-Gon stopped. He truly didn?t understand why the Council had chosen him to be the bearer of bad news. Perhaps it was because he was staying with Obi-Wan, or perhaps it was because of his fondness for the boy that Master Yoda sensed, whichever it was he was wishing it hadn?t existed. He just knew that this would break the poor child?s heart; it wasn?t easy receiving word like this.

?Please sir, what happened?? Obi-Wan choked out.

?There were too many blasters Obi-Wan, too many weapons. A Jedi cannot deflect all that shooting with just a lightsaber, not even a Jedi Master.? Qui-Gon paused before continuing, ?He was killed a couple of hours ago. They haven?t returned his body yet but we are hoping the tribe holding it will have the kindness to allow him a proper Jedi funeral.?

Obi-Wan stared in surprise and shock, ^Master Na?em dead? Dead? This had to be a joke! ^ ?Please don?t toy with me like this Master Jinn. This is the cruelest joke I?ve ever heard.? He managed to choke out.

?Please Obi-Wan, forgive me for bringing you this ill news, but it is not a cruel joke. Every word I speak is the truth.? Qui-Gon?s voice was laced with grief.

?Then it?s true? He?s really dead? Master Na?em will never come back??

?Yes Obi-Wan, it?s true. Didn?t you feel his death? Didn?t you feel anything at all through your bond?? Qui-Gon asked, confused now.

?I don?t have a very good bond with my Master, I didn?t feel anything.? The boy mumbled truthfully. Well, it was at least half-truth. He didn?t feel anything but at the same time he didn?t have any sort of a bond with his Master at all. His pride and
    embarrassment kept him from telling Qui-Gon that though.

?You didn?t feel anything?? Qui-Gon asked, awed.

?No sir. Not a thing. Are you sure he?s dead?? Obi-Wan responded.

Qui-Gon nodded sadly, ?Yes child, he?s dead.?

At those words tears began to fall from Obi-Wan?s eyes. Slowly they rolled down his cheeks and off his chin. The more he tried to control the tears the more fell, but these weren?t the same tears of pain that he had cried so many times during the past few months after a beating. Instead these were tears of happiness, even though he knew that it had to be wrong he couldn?t control it. ^No more of his rages, no more of his beatings, no more of my Master?^ Suddenly he got fear

13. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    That was great!
    Thanks for posting!
    Can't wait for more!!!!

14. SilverWander

SilverWander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2001
    Yeah a new post to read!
    Great story Angel:)

15. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    AHHHH!!! That's so SAD!!! :(

But GREAT!!! :D

16. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Awwwww... Poor Obi! First he's relived and then upset at what may happen...

This is wonderful... :D Sorry I keep missing posts... life can get too hectic sometimes... I try to come around here as much as I can! :)

17. blueangel

Dec 8, 2001
    A new post, wonderfull!!! :) :) :)

Is Na´em really dead??? I didn´t like him!!!
    Did Qui-Gon really thought that Obi-Wan is sad because his Masters death???
    He is so....!!!!!!!
    GO ON PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

18. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    What can I say,other than this is just an absolute great story.Will be waitng for another post.PEACE Ewen

19. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Ahhh! I got to read 2 POSTS!!! *does a little dance* Post more! I hate school, it distracts me from all the important things -- like this fic! Hehe ;) I hope Qui doesn't leave Obi to be taken by the Agri-Corps!! But is Na'em really dead?? I mean, the title says "Can Qui-Gon save Obi-Wan from the hands of an Abusive Master?" There's not much left to save Obi from, is there, since Na'em is dead. Oh well :) this is a great fic!

20. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    LoL - yes, Na'em is dead. I figure there's no reason not to tell you considering his funeral will be later.

There ISN'T an outside force left to save Obi from, except from his own self. He still has to save him from his own fears and insecurities.

There won't be another post until tomorrow evening (Sunday at around 6:30ish Board Time) because I have work tomorrow, and no time now to post.

21. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Awww, poor Obi...it just must be awful being an abused kid. After I read the Harry Potter books, I decided to become a doctor (no idea what sort), so I could help them if something like that ever arose, because Harry always gets beat up on by his aunt and uncle, although not nearly as bad as this fic portrays child abuse. Oh well. Obi-angst is good. Very good. (wow, I feel sadistic)

22. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Must have more soon!!!!

23. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    I already read this story so I (unfortunatly) know how it's going to end. I think that Na'em got away far to easily. He should have had a trial and a fair sentence. Simply dying while nobody knows what he did...

What makes me really mad is that at this point of the story everybody thinks that he was a respectable master who did nothing wrong... grrr :mad:

Anyway, good story!

24. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    I can wait sis ;) Just... LOVE this story SO much!!! :D

25. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Na?em must have meant a lot to this child.

^The poor boy! He?s in shock and he?s taking this so hard! I knew it would be painful but I didn?t know it would be this bad. The poor boy... ^

Oh, the irony... :D

x Clare x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.