main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Team America

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by CCD, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
  2. -luigi-

-luigi- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Yeah I saw the trailer yesterday, it looks hilarious!

And the White House is already complaining about it, so it must be good. :D

3. Noelle-D

Noelle-D Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2004
    Trust Stone and Parker to come up with a concept like that :D.

4. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    It's typical of them to pick on both sides (left & right). This thing will make them millions.

5. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Looks great!

Definitely something I'm going to go see.

Kithera

6. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Damn not having speakers at work!!!! Someone wanna give me the gist of the movie?

7. -luigi-

Jul 26, 2002
    A puppet movie in the style of Thunderbirds and Bruckheimer films, it takes the piss out of Americas attitude towards policing the world and fighting terrorism. It's basically a satire that has a dig at all sides (America's left and right & the terrorists).

Consequently the White House has already complained

8. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Ah, I remember hearing about this ages ago but last I heard it was originally going to be a Sci-Fi spoof because Matt and Trey were annoyed that Thunderbirds wasn't going to be puppets.

Funny how drastically things seemed to have changed.

9. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Some interesting trivia: at one stage they seriously considered doing a scene-for-scene adaptation of the Day After Tomorrow script and releasing it on the same day as the real movie. As you can probably guess, the legal types shot down that idea pretty quickly.

I'm really looking forward to this. It should have the same charm as South Park, in that some people will embrace it for the swearing, violence and (yes) graphic puppet intercourse scenes, but ultimately miss the point. Parker and Stone are brilliant with the more subtle jabs at western society ("Ladder to Heaven", anyone?) It should be a great parody of big budget, overproduced, patriotic American blockbusters. As they said a while back, it's much funnier if you play it straight. Cliched lines delivered in a completely deadpan manner will be hilarious if they happen to be read by puppets.

The White House reaction is great! They're completely missing the point, and in the end the joke will be on them - it's like the South Park movie all over again. I really hope some of the highbrow critics have the same response, so we can all have a hearty laugh at their expense.

10. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    This movie rules [face_laugh]

11. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Very Funny.

And, I must add, the most sexually explicit movie I've ever seen...in a cinema.

12. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    I think that was the funniest movie I have seen all year. Not only do they take the piss oiut of everything but they include toilet jokes too for good measure.

13. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    ....do vomit jokes come into that Category?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.