main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Team Tarkin or Team Krennic

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by darth_mccartney, May 21, 2017.

?

Team Tarkin or Team Krennic

1. Team Tarkin

56 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. Team Krennic

50 vote(s)
    47.2%
  1. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Who do you find yourself siding with? Tarkin or Krennic? Make your choice!

2. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Neither, to be perfectly honest.

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Krennic.. I guess!!

4. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Team Krennic.

It was kind of a b**** move of Tarkin to step in and say he'll be taking control of the weapon that Krennic worked so hard to build. And I don't think Tarkin's reasoning that Krennic allowed the leak to happen under his command and is thus unfit as a military director was all that substantial. That could have happened under anybody's command, especially when you consider the defector was coaxed into doing it by another high ranking Imperial officer. Tarkin only did it because he could, and because he didn't like Krennic and wanted to push him around. Sure, Krennic himself isn't all that likeable, but he also didn't get to where he is by not being good at what he does. Even if there are reasons to not like each other or see eye to eye professionally, at the end of the day you're still just a guy, and to step in and take credit for another man's work just because you can, like I said, b**** move.

Plus Krennic's song is one of my favorite of the entire saga. \m/

5. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    I think were clearly given the impression that Tarkin is just using the security leak as a reason to step in, without it he probably would have come up with something else. Basically Tarkin was keeping the Death Star project at arms distance from him when success was uncertain then moved in when the political risk of failure was no longer present.

6. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I’m going with Team Tarkin.

Both are horrible people and both are also endlessly compelling characters to watch or read about. But ultimately, I have a preference for the smarter, “don’t mess with me” villains and Tarkin is better at that. And he is so classy, in everything he does. He is more like the Imperial I would want to be, if I was a bad guy with no Force powers. :p

7. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Tarkins a big sociopath; He had vision, but a stupid vision at that. He was a real moron in ANH. Krennic doesn't seem that bad, he just wanted to be a Grand Admiral or something.

8. En Sabah Nur

En Sabah Nur Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2017
  9. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Krennic strangely enough. I've been a Tarkin fan ever since I first saw ANH, but honestly I found myself feeling some sympathy for Krennic's thwarted ambitions. (Plus he has a great cape.:p)
    I'm also curious about the seeming struggle for control of 'Project Celestial Power' that Lucasfilm seems to cultivating in the wider cannon. There have been mentions of it in Rogue One and Catalyst so far, and I hope it is developed further in the future.

10. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    Really I think that's the intension Mostly Harmless, Tarkin is played in the same kind of irredeemably evil fashion we see in ANH, Krennic on the other hand is deliberately played in a more three dimensional fashion to play off of the Rebel leads. He's someone we can believe as more of a choice to do what he's doing.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  11. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Tarknic!

I ship it!

12. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    I'm with Tarkin. Krennic had too much ambition given his position. He was pushing against too powerful people. He even threw a tantrum in the movie, which ruins a lot of what he might've otherwise had going for him.

13. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    Don't make me choose:_|

Mostly Handless and Snafu55 like this.
  14. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Team Tarkington! Krennic was a wuss!

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Tarkin. They are both evil but at least Tarkin is evil with class, lol

J7Luke likes this.
  16. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I guess I am a terrible person, because I love all villains in SW. Krennic is my new favorite.

Ithorians and Darth Dnej like this.
  17. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    I went with Krennic. He was more 3-dimensional a character than Tarkin. He was a straight up villain, which is cool as it is faithful to his ANH portrayal, but I loved that Krennic had some depth to him. Hopes, dreams...aspirations!

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I like them both, please don't make me choose! :p

Avnar and Ricardo Funes like this.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Meh. They're both trivial annoyances next to the inestimable grandiosity of Raddus.

20. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I side with Krennic in RO as he gets bullied a bit BUT Tarkin was always the best SW villain!

21. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Tarkin.

Because...Peter Cushing.

22. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    This is the correct answer.

23. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Director Krennic

He is much more sympathetic than Tarkin. Sure he does some awful things, but I don't think he gets as much of a rise out of destroying planets, killing underlings, and overall conquest. He has done all of these things though. Plus his lack of composure shows his humanity. Tarkin certainly didn't lose his temper as much and as outward.

24. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    It's all about the Tarkin. He kills it on the dance floor. He flies in the TARDIS. He finds your bickering pointless.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  25. Blue 5

Blue 5 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2017
    Director Krennic (said in Vader's voice)

Despite the fact he was a main reason for the Erso Family Tragedy and a mean dude, I love the fact he is so aggressive in trying to climb the ranks and the pushback he gets. He is relatable, too, in the sense that we all know what it is like to work so hard and be so dedicated yet not get the proper respect and due recognition.

Vader's "be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director" line is more for Krennic's character than Vader. As a pun it totally fits Vader's personality, but much more than that, as a pun to summarize Krennic's arc as a whole, it is masterful IMO.

For instance, if someone said to me to describe Krennic's arc, I could go into immense detail, or say: Poor Krennic...he choked on his aspirations.

Krennic also made the right call on Jedha; the Imperials should have blown up the whole moon. But I mean I friggin love Tarkin, too. Such a great character. It's tough. Which proves even more that Krennic is fantastic.