main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Team Welcome New Users~ [New Update: October 10th]

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Jedi-Washington, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    It was pointed out Here...

(Yeah, right. like im going to link to it :p)

but yes, we did finaly agree.

2. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Also, I think many other issues kinda surrounding this area were discussed, however, I think I will mention those within the next update ;) .

3. Sam_Skywalker

Sam_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Hey All. i thought of something that might be helpdul to the WNU boards.

I was considering how many different threads there are for Reference. I mean by these threads, there are several ones that give newbies different information. We've got threads about the Code of Conduct, a map of the boards, and a lot of different stuff. Now, wouldn't it be nice if We could consolidate these threads onto one complete, comprehensive "The OFFICIAL New Users Guide to the JC". This thread would have it all. A map of the boards, Moderator links, board links, tips on better posting, and of course the rules. One thread would a mean a lot less hassel(sp). Just a thought :)

4. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    we have been discussing re-making the threads, but im not sure that an all inclusive thread has come up yet. Not a bad idea! :D

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks! Good idea! :)

6. Sam_Skywalker

Jul 30, 2003
    You're welcome, and thank you :)

7. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Sam_Skywalker: "I was considering how many different threads there are for Reference. I mean by these threads, there are several ones that give newbies different information. We've got threads about the Code of Conduct, a map of the boards, and a lot of different stuff. Now, wouldn't it be nice if We could consolidate these threads onto one complete, comprehensive "The OFFICIAL New Users Guide to the JC". This thread would have it all. A map of the boards, Moderator links, board links, tips on better posting, and of course the rules. One thread would a mean a lot less hassel(sp). Just a thought :) "

No, its a great idea! :D One that I think would prove very helpful to new users. I believe something similar is being discussed within the Team-WNU main board.

Could you please list the threads you feel to have substantial info to add into this idea, as so that we (Team Members) may discuss this in detail thereon the forums? :confused:

8. Sam_Skywalker

Jul 30, 2003
  9. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Sam_Skywalker: "And I think moderator links and A guide to excellent posting would be very cool. All this in one, comprehensive, easy to find Welcome thread."

I in fact do have a Moderational list in need of some updating however, I could re-post it or link you to it , here, if you wish to view it ;) . It needs a lot of changes and a few more alterations as to its layout, however with those made I am sure that it will look nice and presenatble! I also tend to agree I think a composed list of helpful links would not only help New users but also older ones to find what it is they search for when training :) .

"I hope this is what you were talking about ;) "

Yep, you nailed it right on! 8-}

10. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Great idea Sam_Skywalker! :)

11. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    That it is... :D

12. Eon-Wan-Mome_NT

Eon-Wan-Mome_NT Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2003
    Yes it is a good idea! :) I know we had much talk of how to consolidate these threads!

By the way..I can't log into the Team-WNU site tonight :( It must be down.

13. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    Im having no problem. Lets make a thread there to report problems like that. Just post in it and we will see if we can get it fixed :p

14. Eon-Wan-Mome_NT

May 1, 2003
    Still no luck for me :( I get the "This page cannot be displayed" error.

Well Jedi-Washington, I guess if you can cross the Delaware you can go anywhere :p

15. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Its loading alright for me. I would supply a link and or picture, but then that ruin the secercy! 8-}

Anyhow I'll look into it. I doubt its a major problem, if it is I'll scream out and I quote, "WE'RE ALL DEAD!!!" [face_laugh]

Thats your que to run like the dickens! 8-}

But I doubt as I stated earlier that its anything really bad.

16. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Working fine for me too. I guess it's a problem on your end, Eon. ?[face_plain]

Sam, I like your idea of combining all useful information into one single thread. :)
    I was planning to create a set of threads ("getting started", abbreviations guide, FAQ, glossary, map of the boards, etc.) and link them all in the header, but it's probably more useful to everything into one thread - preferably a sticky one. ;)

Don't expect to see that thread in the next couple of days, but I'll be working on it. :D

17. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Great idea Sam! :D Yes, as Strid mentioned, we have been talking about it...

Great to have the input though... :)

Phew, lot's of work for my mom, I presume? [face_shocked]

18. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    That it is, and though hard work she's always willing to do it! :D

19. Eon-Wan-Mome_NT

May 1, 2003
    Don't expect to see that thread in the next couple of days, but I'll be working on it

But I want everything now! Now Now Now! :_| [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

(Sorry..every once in a while I gotta regress back into infanthood to escape the burden of all these responsibilities I have in RL :p )

By the way..I can get to the Forum easily today :)

20. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    Thats good Eon. mabey you just need a sexy computer like mine and a sexy internet connection next time :p

21. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Jedi-Washington: "Thats good Eon. mabey you just need a sexy computer like mine and a sexy internet connection next time 8-} "

I rather not ask... [face_laugh]

22. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    [face_shocked]

Strid, JW is begining to scare me! [face_shocked]

[face_laugh] Hmm, how do you manage that JW? ;)

23. Sam_Skywalker

Jul 30, 2003
    Thanks for the overwlemingly positive response guys! :) It's encouraging to know my thoughts are appreciated.

24. Jedi-Washington

Aug 3, 2003
    My sexy laptop is awesome! its gots all kindsa good stuffs on it that make it sexy :p

And me scaring people :eek: never... :p

25. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Sam_Skywalker: "Thanks for the overwlemingly positive response guys! :) It's encouraging to know my thoughts are appreciated."

Of course ;) , we feel that all ideas in some form are great ideas in this forum and as so, all ideas are discussed and used in someway. None are really disbursed :D .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.