main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Team Welcome New Users~ [New Update: October 10th]

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Jedi-Washington, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    My sexy laptop is awesome! its gots all kindsa good stuffs on it that make it sexy.

[face_shocked]

*Cover eyes, covers ears and runs out of the room screaming* [face_laugh]

Sam, your contribution is welcomed :D...we need to know how everyone feels about the board. That's how we can work on improving it. :)

2. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Exactly as Jedi_Humaira_Blaine had stated it! :D

3. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    The best Part about this thread is that 9/10 posts are from People who are in Team WNU :p

4. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    How true... 8-}

Yet you have to admit, we've had many others join in the discussion as well :D . And thus far provided great ideas which are currently being discussed within the forum itself ;) .

5. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Well with much awaited pleasure I bring you...

Team-WNU Bi-Weekly Update: [October 6th-10th, 2003]

It is that time again, and as so, we have a lot to mention. A few weeks have since gone by and many things have been added, taken away, and even pulverized within our hidden forum ;) . Much debate has been placed upon the main factor the Adoptions program.

So, this is where I?ll begin.

Adoption Program
    • The Main Update: It was brought to the teams attention by Morgaine that the Oldbies main listing was in need of some major updating, as so she sat down and completely viewed all those listed and wrote beside each name if that person had been posting frequently within this forum [face_shocked] . Moreover, it had been at that time, that we all as a team discovered a serious problem. Many of those listed were barely apart of this forum, or of the main Newbie Adoption Thread [v.4]. So, with these things in mind, we complied the ideas of many together to create what we feel to be a perfect way to enable myself as the Adoptions Co-ordinator a way to check and see if many are still interested in adopting another.

1.) Had that person been active on the main Welcome New Users forum?

2.) Was that person posting thereon the main Adoptions Thread notifying of either his interest in or welcoming the new comers to whom he may later adopt.

• Adopters Requirements: It had been discussed and voted upon by the team that to create a much more knowledgeable Adopter of these forums, it wouldn?t hurt to have the month requirements upped to ?6 Months? before one person could adopt. Thus giving them a little more time to actually view the forums and become accustom before stepping up to actually teach another.

• Guidelines For Adopters: Thus far the half of the actual Guidelines have been written and are currently being discussed within the forum. Any and all information will be released as it becomes available.

• Newbies Requirements: It was asked if Newbies spam to reach their posting requirement thereon the Newbie Adoption Thread [v.4]. The answer later came back as being ?No?, and stated that most Newbies are heavily posting for the first couple of months thereon the forums, as they wish to brag not to fulfill their Adoption Requirements. Also, it was pointed out that even if they were to fulfill their post requirements they?d still have a time requirement to fulfill. However, I feel that Jedi-Washington stated it best when he said and I quote: ?These people are new. Its like getting a new car. Are you going to drive it once a day, no! Your gonna take every chance you can to drive it until its gets old. Same applies here. Its new so they will post constantly until they get used to the place.?

• Questionnaire for Adopters: It has been hit around, yet not completely discussed, we?ll bring you more once we discuss it further.

Welcome New Users:
    • WNU Test: It was brought to our attention by Jedi_Benji that he was wishing to do a test on 5 Newbiesfor the next 3 months these 5 have since been selected. Now he wishes to check up on them, seeing how they change and or alter course as they continue to post herein these awesome forums.

• Games: several game ideas are currently undergoing some treatment, and one has since begun.

• New WNU Forum Introduction: It was decided

6. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    Kudos to Stridarious for complying this information .

And next week your gunna expect us to Bow to you :p

7. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    [Team-WNU weekly motto]

?High Ho?, High Ho?, its off to post at Team-WNU I go!
    With a big old post and a star in hand, High Ho, High Ho, High Ho???

What the heak? Did we agree on that? :eek:

:p

Looks good, all mighty Strid! ;)

8. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    I find that song offensive!

9. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Jedi-Washington: "What the heak? Did we agree on that? [face_shocked] "

Nope, you're right you never agreed to that, yet it would've been another three weeks before I would've gotten a real song or motto from you all, so I just wrote on out for this week, or else this update wou;d've never gotten up! [face_laugh]

[b]Jedi_Benji[/b]: "[i]And next week your gunna expect us to Bow to you [face_silly] [/i]"

You better believe it! [face_wink]

In fact...BOW NOW!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.