main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Tears of An Angel" -- Obsessed with Ani&Ami? Come in, come in!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Cindé of Naboo, Jul 10, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    Okay, who here is obsessed with the whole Anakin/Amidala(Padmé) tragic-fated-destined-starting out as childhood friends-love-story-tragedy-thingymabob? <Raising hand eagerly and waving it wildly in the air> Ooo, ooo, I am, I am!! Well, this is the place for you. This is a place where you can post any literary things about our favorite couple -- short stories, poetry, dialoges, whatever.

Stipulations? No love triangle, please! Other than that, you can pretty much do what you like. And why the title? Well, as for me, I've always been primarily obsessed with the tragic aspect of their story -- which hasn't actually happened yet, but I think it's pretty clear that it will. Contributions don't have to be tragic, of course.

Soo...I'll start off, and hopefully it will be a good start. Contribute as you like!

I call this "A thousand tears" -- it's very melodramatic and sappy, just the way I like it. And it's kind of an impossible situation -- Amidala talking to Ani after he's turned. It's kind of a dramatic monologue. Okay, enough talk! Here we go:

Why? Why did you leave me? Did I send you away? I don?t remember; nothing is clear anymore. Only what used to be.

I loved you. I love you still, and that?s the worst of it. Why can?t I just rip you out of my
    heart and forget?

Why did I ever meet you?

My friend. You were always my friend. Like an unexpected burst of sunlight through the thickening clouds. The clouds were gathering, and I didn?t know they would never leave. I was
    asleep then, asleep to all that would happen. But for the moment there was sunshine.

It was like you worshiped me. Me! What difference did it make where I was from or what I was? I could have told you that I was from a pit of slime, and you still would have looked at me as though I was a goddess. Why? I was nothing, really, you were everything. Everything.

You saved me; maybe I saved you too. We were both caught up in the storm and we held on to each other. Tighter than anything. I?d never let go.

But I did.

Did you let go first? Was it you who drifted away? Or did I? Somehow, someway, something turned wrong and I stand here and look for you and you?re not here.

My love. You had to be my love. Did I hold you too tight? Or not tight enough? Oh, I could have held you tighter, longer, stronger, and never let you go! Never let you go.

It wasn?t your fault, was it? Or was it? What did you do? What happened? I watched your face change until I couldn?t recognize you. You were dead and a monster was in your place? Did you let it come? Did you fight? What could I have done?

Oh, my love, my friend, my sun, my lost lost love! What could I have done? What did I do? Oh, what did I do?

I don?t want to go back. I don?t want to change what I did.

I would do it all the same. I would meet you again and again and again. For every smile there would be a thousand tears, but I would do it again.

I stand here and watch for you, even though you?re dead, because I can?t believe you?re really gone. I wait for you. I will not stop waiting for you, my love, my sun. I?m here. Your
    love.

Your angel.

Is it too much? Am I an over-emotional crybaby? Yes. Is there anyone else who is too? ;)

2. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    Okay, I don't know why the title's all messed up. <Waving hand> You will ignore the messed-up title...you will ignore the messed up title...

3. JediPadme

JediPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 1999
    This looks fun and interesting... :) ::sits back with her bowl of Cheez-its and USC mug::

4. Angel of Iego

Angel of Iego Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2000
    Oooooo, oooooooh!!! I'm an over-emotional crybaby! I am, I am! So the A/A lovers' thread has come into existence...he, he. Things are going according to my plan!!!

An excellent little story, very sad. I bet you 1000 Republic credits that this thread is gonna be a depressing one. But that's the way I like it. I agree with you that the tragic side of the romance is the most compelling. Romeo and Juliet, Antony and Cleopatra, Troilus and Cressida (why are they all Shakespeare plays...hmmmm) -- these are the great lovers, and they don't end up with each other in the end.

Now I have to find something to post. Hmmm...

The title is nice, even if it is a little messed up. *mind trick begins to work* Hey, what messed up title? I don't see any messed up titles.

5. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

SIGH my kind of thread....just asking, when I FTP
    my site next week, can I some of this over there?
    It has an Ani/Ami theme, BTW.

aa :D
    who will have something to post when I get home

6. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    I'm a sucker for a hopeless romance, destined love... and such an emotional SAP!!! *sighs happily* I think I could learn to love this thread. :)

Sweet little piece, Cindé. :) I don't know. To me it seems like the Anakin/Amidala romance encapsules everything I love in a great romance, everything that's appealing to me: predestined, born of close friendship, deep and tragic, strong enough that it saved one from his self-imposed prison. All of which would be tarnished by a love triangle; there's nothing true and deep about that! Yes, I am getting in way too deep... and you know what? Sometimes, I almost don't care! :D

I'd also love to archive any completed work from this thread. :)

7. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Sweet...

I'll see about coming up with some new poetry for them. I still have about fifteen forms to try out. ;) (Let's see... rhyming double sestina... aaaagh.)

8. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Woo-hoo! Great idea. And I think your monologue was terrific!

I must go rush and find something to post here. :)

9. Leia Walker

Leia Walker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2000
    Love the story. So cute...so sweet...sigh. Maybe I'll cry.

10. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

I found this poem in a 'love letters' book I have.
    It really sounds Ani/Ami to me...

"Sensual pleasure passes and vanishes
    in the twinkling of an eye, but the
    friendship between us, the mutual
    confidence, the delights of the heart,
    the enchantment of the soul, these things
    do not perish and can never be destroyed.
    I shall love you until I die"

To Madame Denis
    - Voltaire

SIGH SIGH SIGH

11. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Ah, Voltaire...that was nice, aa. I have a nice Byron poem that always reminds me of Ani and Ami. Maybe I should go looking for it...

12. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

I've another...

"If I am pressed to say why I loved him,
    I feel it can be explained by replying:
    Because it was he; Because it was me."
    - Michel de Montaigne

Isn't that the truth?! :)

13. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    Okay, I'm really kind of uncertain about this one. But it's a teeny, tiny little idea I had, and this seems like a good place to try and work it out. This is the first half. I'll try to do the rest tomorrow. Tell me what you think guys, good or bad. :)

/I'm an idiot./

/I'm a coward./

/What would she want with an idiot and coward anyway?/

Anakin felt the nervous flutters rise from his stomach again. He forced them back down with an angry sigh, but couldn't help feeling slightly light-headed from his jitters. What had happened to the implacable resolve he left his room with? Why was he standing there, like a fool, in the hallway outside her door?

He had promised himself that he would do this. For *years* he had promised himself that. He couldn't possibly back out now. He'd never forgive himself if he did.

But what about her? Would she forgive him? Would she think there was anything to forgive?

/I'm an idiot./

He didn't want to risk their friendship over this. Really, what would one kiss get him?

He wasn't even sure how it started. At some point, many years ago, he realized that it would be a very long while before he was grown-up enough for Amidala to notice him. The revelation should have upset him, but it hadn't, not really. He would get there eventually, and he could be her friend in the meantime. It was probably the only time he had truly exhibited the patience Obi-Wan had so desperately tried to teach him. She wouldn't notice him until he was grown up? Fine. He picked a nice round number ? eighteen ? and spent many days dreaming about what it would be like to be an adult, and to sweep her off her feet, to live happily ever after with his Queen.

Over time, the daydreams boiled down into a specific action. He would turn eighteen, and he would kiss her.

It seemed simple enough. One action that he could focus on, one hope to sustain him. Even if none of the other daydreams came true, and nothing else worked out?he could kiss her and hold her just once. Just one time.

Or so he had told himself for years.

And now, here he was on Naboo, on his eighteenth birthday, too terrified to knock on her door.

/I'm a coward./

He hadn't realized how fiercely he had held onto to that promise. Unfortunately, he had made it to himself when he was too young to know how complicated this would be, long before he realized that things didn?t always work out the way they did in his dreams. Still, he felt compelled to live up to it.

Some part of him thought that maybe, just maybe, this was what she wanted too. But it was hard to tell for sure. Had she really been staring at him? Did she blush when he hugged her? Was she nervous when they talked? Too many years of wishful thinking left him wondering if he was simply projecting.

If he was wrong?walking into her room and kissing her would definitely be crossing a line. Still, to be honest, he was almost fully sure that their friendship would survive, even in that case. She would understand. But doing something simply because he knew he could get away with it?that isn't exactly how he wanted this to play out.

/I'm an idiot./

This was ridiculous. Either he would march in there and do this, or he would run back to his room and try to convince himself that his childish fantasies weren't worth angering or upsetting the his best friend. And the only woman he would ever love.

Anakin closed his eyes, took a deep breath and walked to her door. He rang the buzzer.

14. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

OOooooooOOOOOO!!! That was awesome ami-padme!
    You got Anakin's hesitation dead-on! I, too,
    had a silly (in my mind) resolution to do
    something similar to what Ani was pondering,
    and I never did it. Although, I always wonder
    what would have happened if I had....hmmm

Dangit! I need more! :)

15. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Yes... let's get inside that door! ;) Seriously, I *completely* believed that Anakin, standing there. That's the guy who may have been tough enough to order his fleet into an asteroid field, but sounded utterly flabbergasted at the idea that "*He* will come to *me*?"

Cindé, can I just re-iterate what a good idea this thread is?

16. Jedi Pikachu

Jedi Pikachu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2000
    This is such a great idea! A thread dedicated to Ani and Ami! :)

Yipeeeeee!!!!!!!! ;-)

I would try and post something I've written except I have a small problem. I love to write. I can write about everything * except* romance.Something about it just doesn't work with me.Oh well..I'll try posting anyways maybe.

Ami-padme, that is sooo good so far! I can't wait for more.:)

17. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Join the club, Jedi Pikachu! I can't write romance for beans, either! It almost killed my fic, except for the help of Ami-Padme (thanks).

Also, just wanted to point everyone to my ami/ani fic (if they haven't found it yet), as I just want to boost my ego:

<a href="http://boards.theforce.net/message_flat.asp?topic=201460&replies=251">Episode II: The Facade of Amidala</a>

--Mr. P

18. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    *Hmmm...let's try posting again, minus the random logging-off...<GRRRRR!>*

Welcome, welcome everybody! What a great response! It's lovely to see so many smiling face -- or screen names, at least.

Great poems, Anakin's Angel. They do remind me of Ani & Ami.

Love your post, ami-padme! It really seems to capture Anakin's feelings.

Along the same lines, here's a brief little thing about what could happen when Anakin sees the queen again after all those years...

?Japor?

Then it caught his eye. There it was, nestled amongst all the golden jewelry, royal necklaces, and gorgeous adornments. The simple talisman, carved from cheap stuff precious only to slaves. It was plain, horribly, plain.

It make his heart soar. He lifted his face to look in her eyes.

?You remembered,? he said.

?Of course I did,? she replied, a gentle smile twitching at the corners of her mouth. ?Do you
    think I could forget you??

He took the snippet in his hand, rubbing the surface with his fingers, remembering the feel of it as though it were just yesterday. ?Has it brought you good fortune??

Slowly, almost reluctantly, she pulled the necklace back. ?You might say that. But don?t take it any farther than that.? Instantly his face fell. ?Now don?t do that, Anakin,? she pleaded. ?We?re not kids anymore. Things have changed.?

He looked at her intensely, almost fiercely. ?I still think you?re an angel.?
    ------------

Everyone and anyone feel welcome to post. I foresee a lovely future for this thread... ;)

19. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    I liked that little scene. Will there be more?

Okay, here's the second part of my scene. I'm still feeling iffy, so lots of feedback (positive or otherwise) would be nice.

"Anakin!" She looked surprised ? but pleased ? to see him. She likely thought he had retired for the night.

She was so beautiful.

Anakin smiled, or at least he tried to. His head was buzzing.

Amidala said something to him ? but he hadn't realized she was speaking until she had finished the sentence. Her eyebrows furrowed at him quizzically.

/Say something!/ He couldn't just keep standing there, staring at her. "Huh? What did you say?"

She shook her head and laughed a little. "Aren't you coming in?" She turned to head back into the room.

Anakin saw her walking away and panicked. If she even got a few steps away, he would never regain the courage to try this again.

He took her arm and pulled her back to him. He had a second to register the look of surprise on her face before his lips were on hers.

The kiss was much more clumsy than he had intended. He wasn't sure if this really counted as sweeping her off her feet?but it didn't matter. He was soaring. He was thrilled. His heart was racing, and he was sure ?

"Oh?excuse me."

Anakin jerked back and looked up at a frowning Panaka. A blush slowly worked up his face.

Amidala, on the other hand, appeared as though nothing at all had happened. "What is it Captain?"

Panaka glanced curiously at both of them, and then proceeded to give Amidala some off-world message, from some off-world planet. Anakin heard nothing. He was too busy berating himself.

Eight years of planning, and he couldn't even think to step inside the doorway so that every security guard in the Palace wouldn't have the chance to catch them in the hallway.

/I'm an idiot./

/But I'm not a coward./

That thought was somewhat comforting. But oh, how he was dreading the end of Amidala and Panaka's conversation?he had no clue how she planned to react to him. As long as she didn't slap him, he'd be fine. /Of course,/ Anakin thought to himself, /I could pretend to be optimistic./ After all, she hadn't exactly shoved him away?

"Thank you, Panaka. Good night."

"Good night, Your Highness." Panaka waited a moment, as though he expected Anakin to leave with him. Then he shrugged and walked down the hallway.

Anakin wasn't facing her, but could feel her move away, and into her chambers. He cleared his throat nervously, glanced at her and said, "Well, I guess I may as well come in now, huh?"

Her response was to raise her eyebrows at him.

/Oh boy./ He walked in, hearing the door softly shut behind him. "Amidala, I ?"

She kissed him then.

Anakin had no idea how long they stood there like that. He only knew that it was long enough for them to melt in each other's embrace, long enough for him to put his arms around her waist and pull her closer, long enough for her to run her fingers through his hair.

Long enough for his to forget why he had been so afraid to do this in the first place.

When they finally broke off the kiss, she placed her forehead to his and smiled. "So, I take it this was some sort of spur-of-the-moment thing."

"If thinking about this every moment since I met you counts as spur-of-the-moment?"

Amidala tried not to laugh, then her face turned more serious. "Anakin, I wanted to tell you?I just didn't know how."

"Kissing me works just fine." He smoothed her hair, and cupped her face. "I'm glad I did this," he whispered.

Amidala smirked. "I'm glad I was worth the wait." Their lips met again.

Somewhere in his soul, Anakin heaved a sigh a relief and felt a joyful release. Happily ever after with his Queen couldn't be far behind.

20. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Yay, sigh... I especially liked "If you count thinking about this every moment since I met you..."

21. Angel of Iego

Feb 12, 2000
    Happily ever after...<Angel sits back and sighs contentedly> Oh, wait a minute! Happily ever after? HAPPILY EVER AFTER? Aw, hell...

22. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Hee hee! Yeah, Angel...I plan on stamping my
    feet and tossing gummy bears at the screen
    when Ani breaks her heart.

ami-padme...that was So beautiful, you must
    write more...

23. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Great job ami-padme!

24. JediPadme

JediPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 1999
    ::gives a happy sigh:: Oh, so romantic... lol, I'm such a sucker for mush :) Especially when its AniAmi of course :)

25. Cindé of Naboo

Apr 19, 2000
    Awwww....how sweet! It's going to make things ten times as hard when Anakin becomes evil. :( That's the trouble with prequels. I wonder what I would have thought would happen if I had never seen the OT. What a strange thought....

I don't know if there's more to my little story; I'm not really sure where to take it from there. But I'll think about it. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.