main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Tears of Pain~ - Han/Jaina. Missing Scene. One-Poster

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by puppyglo, Jun 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puppyglo

puppyglo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2003
    This is a short little viggie I wrote one night when I was thinking about Anakin's funeral on Hapes. I had just watched "The Lion King: Simba's Pride" with my cousin and was remembering a song, We Are One. And for some odd reason I was listening to the Beatles, In My Life to be exact, and this popped into my head. I hope you like it. It was my first fanfic. It is a Missing Scene from Dark Journey, directly after after Anakin's funeral.

~*~*~*~*~

The night after Anakin Solo's funeral, Han Solo has a talk with his daughter, Jaina.

~*~*~*~*~

Tears of Pain

It was the night that Anakin's funeral had taken place on Hapes. Jaina had almost refused to go, she wouldn?t have unless Kyp hadn?t dragged her to it. A lot of people were there, Zekk, Tenel Ka, Jag Fel, Tahiri, Han and Leia, Luke and Mara and many other people she didn?t even know. The only person it was missing was Jacen who wasn?t there?, not to mention it shouldn?t have been Anakin?s funeral they were gathered here for anyway. But for all she knew, Jacen was probably dead. Since she couldn?t feel him in the Force anymore, she assumed the worst. Her heart ached from the sudden emptiness she felt inside. When she thought about what had happened on that worldship so many feelings suddenly came swooping into her heart, anger for what the Vong had done, sadness for this huge void that now consumed her and many more feelings enveloped her but she didn?t dare speak of them. She wanted to avenge her bothers? deaths. She wanted to kill every last spec of what was the Vong. Jaina suddenly felt a hand on her shoulders which startled her out of her thoughts, which was in sense a good thing, when she saw who it was she was slightly embarrassed to see Kyp there. He didn?t have a look of ?watch those feelings, they could destroy you? she was sure her uncle, mother or even her aunt would have given her, instead there was a look of understanding and sympathy. Almost like he knew exactly what she was going through. His past was well known to her and she knew he had lost a brother to the Empire, so maybe he did know..., but Jaina didn?t want to be able to relate to Kyp in any way or have anything to do with him for that matter, so she shook his hand off of her shoulder and gave him a look of complete disgust. Then focused on what was going on around her and didn?t give Kyp another glance.

When she had gone back to the Palace, she went straight to her room and flopped down on the bed to let the tears come. To her surprise, it weren't the tears that came first; it was a knock on the door. When she got up to open it, Tenel Ka stood there. She looked at Jaina with tears in her own eyes, something that was very unusual for Tenel because she never showed any emotion, ever. Jaina pulled her friend very close and gave the Dathomirian princess a warm embrace.

When they pulled away, they each took a seat by the fireplace. "I just came by to see how you were doing," the warrior girl told Jaina with a calm, sad voice, rubbing the wetness away from her eyes with her sleeve.

"I?ll be fine," Jaina reassured herself and the woman in front of her. "No offense," she said sadly, "but I think I just want to be alone right now." Her gaze was lost at the fireplace.

"I understand," Tenel Ka said, and as she got up to leave she gave Jaina one last squeeze on the shoulder and then disappeared down the halls. Jaina stayed by the fireplace, the warmness that was coming from it soothed her cold arms.

She got up, prepared a cup of caf and sat back down. Why did he have to die? She asked herself, a great pain in her heart. He was too young to die; it should have been me. He deserved to live. How is Tahiri holding up, I wonder. How are Mom and Dad taking it? I would do anything to change what happened, anything. Her sadness turned to sudden ire. The Vong will pay for this, Anakin, I can assure you. They will never get away with killing my brothers. Another knock at the door made her jump out of her seat. She hoped it w

2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    *claps* Great job pup. *thumbs up* Very impressive. I do wonder why Anakin had to die. *shakes his head* And i'm not sure if Jacen really is dead, so if he is, i'm not sure why he had to either, i share Jaina's sadness. Keep up the great writing pup! :)

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Nice work, showing her pain is good. The books never really covered it fully. I know I would cry more if my brother was killed. (maybe because I'm not Jedi) Enjoyed it.
    :)

4. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    Darth_Elu: I'm really glad you enjoyed it! :) And thank you

Adalia-Durron: Thanks, I would too.

5. Star-Lead

Star-Lead Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    Hmm, nice.

6. Ra_Skywalker420

Ra_Skywalker420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2003
    Nice Work Pup! YOu protrayed Jaina's feelings very well. I like Simba's Pride too- i watched that the other day and started crying. LOL. it was amusing. But i really do like this. great job!!

7. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    Star-Lead: Thanks.

Ra_Skywalker420: Thank you, I worked very hard on it. Yeah I cried in it too, kinda pathetic, you know? Anyway, thanks again!

8. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
  9. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    This was such a sad ficlet, but it was really good. Great job.

~~Jilly

10. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    JainaDurron: Thanks. I know, it is sad... :(

11. liliana

liliana Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2003
    that was so sweet Han is such a good daddy but it was also so sad but it was beautiful as well.Ur right no one is truly gone unless you foget them.Awesome story

12. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    liliana: Yeah, I feel the same way. They are only gone if we forget them... Thank you so much!

13. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    That put tears in my eyes. I especially liked the part about how they are only gone if we forget them. That is very true. I really liked how this was a father/daughter piece, because we don't often get to see Han the father in action.

14. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    Solo_Fan: Thank you very much. Yeah, I know what you mean. We always see Han has the rogue he was in ANH, but we have never seen him act as a father.

15. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    /claps hands

BRAVO!!!!

16. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    _3MD_PsychoSniper: Thank you very much :D

17. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
  18. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    lalala

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great job! You captured the caring father part of Han very well. For parents, a hurting child is one of the worst things in the world because you long to keep them safe from harm and unhappiness but know you can't do it. You did a wonderful job of relating these two characters. Kudos!

20. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    VaderLVR64: Great job!

Thanks! :)

You captured the caring father part of Han very well. For parents, a hurting child is one of the worst things in the world because you long to keep them safe from harm and unhappiness but know you can't do it. You did a wonderful job of relating these two characters. Kudos!

Aww! I am so glad! Thank you so much! *hugs* :D

EDIT - Markup codes really don't like me today..!

21. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    I will always love you, Anakin. You will always be my baby brother, and I will never forget the times we had together. And Jacen, you will be missed, both of you will. I love you guys, my brothers.

That was so sad! :_| Aw. I miss Anakin! That was beautiful! Well done!

22. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    _Jedi_of_Destiny_: That was so sad! Aw. I miss Anakin!

I'm sorry if I made you cry! Don't we all.. RIP Ani! :'(

That was beautiful! Well done!

Thanks!! :)

23. Jedi_Master_Eowyn

Jedi_Master_Eowyn Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2004
    That was beautiful. You really portrayed her feelings well.

24. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    That's a really nice little story/viggie/whatever you call it! I really really like that, a nice father/daughter scence. ^_^

:Targeter:

25. starsailor721

starsailor721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2004
    That was very sweet and sad. I love father/daughter interaction b/c I always imagined Han would be a great dad. You did a wonderful job with character interaction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.