main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~~~Tears of Pain~~~ - Post SbS. About Jaina Solo. Han's in it too.**COMPLETE**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by puppyglo, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puppyglo

puppyglo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2003
    I might have posted this before but I am not sure.

This is a story I wrote one night when I was thinking about Anakin's funeral on Hapes. I had just watched "The Lion King: Simba's Pride" with my cousin and was remembering a song, We Are One. And for some odd reason I was listening to the Beatles, In My Life to be exact, and this popped into my head. I hope you like it. It was my first fanfic.

The night after Anakin Solo's funeral, Han Solo has a talk with his daughter, Jaina.

Tears of Pain

It was the night that Anakin's funeral had taken place on Hapes. Jaina had almost refused to go, she wouldn?t have unless Kyp hadn?t dragged her to it. A lot of people were there, Zekk, Tenel Ka, Jag Fel, Tahiri, Han and Leia, Luke and Mara and many other people she didn?t even know. The only person it was missing was Jacen who wasn?t there?, not to mention it shouldn?t have been Anakin?s funeral they were gathered here for anyway. But for all she knew, Jacen was probably dead. Since she couldn?t feel him in the Force anymore, she assumed the worst. Her heart ached from the sudden emptiness she felt inside. When she thought about what had happened on that worldship so many feelings suddenly came swooping into her heart, anger for what the Vong had done, sadness for this huge void that now consumed her and many more feelings enveloped her but she didn?t dare speak of them. She wanted to avenge her bothers? deaths. She wanted to kill every last spec of what was the Vong. Jaina suddenly felt a hand on her shoulders which startled her out of her thoughts, which was in sense a good thing, when she saw who it was she was slightly embarrassed to see Kyp there. He didn?t have a look of ?watch those feelings, they could destroy you? she was sure her uncle, mother or even her aunt would have given her, instead there was a look of understanding and sympathy. Almost like he knew exactly what she was going through. His past was well known to her and she knew he had lost a brother to the Empire, so maybe he did know..., but Jaina didn?t want to be able to relate to Kyp in any way or have anything to do with him for that matter, so she shook his hand off of her shoulder and gave him a look of complete disgust. Then focused on what was going on around her and didn?t give Kyp another glance.

When she had gone back to the Palace, she went straight to her room and flopped down on the bed to let the tears come. To her surprise, it weren't the tears that came first; it was a knock on the door. When she got up to open it, Tenel Ka stood there. She looked at Jaina with tears in her own eyes, something that was very unusual for Tenel because she never showed any emotion, ever. Jaina pulled her friend very close and gave the Dathomirian princess a warm embrace.

When they pulled away, they each took a seat by the fireplace. "I just came by to see how you were doing," the warrior girl told Jaina with a calm, sad voice, rubbing the wetness away from her eyes with her sleeve.

"I?ll be fine," Jaina reassured herself and the woman in front of her. "No offense," she said sadly, "but I think I just want to be alone right now." Her gaze was lost at the fireplace.

"I understand," Tenel Ka said, and as she got up to leave she gave Jaina one last squeeze on the shoulder and then disappeared down the halls. Jaina stayed by the fireplace, the warmness that was coming from it soothed her cold arms.

She got up, prepared a cup of caf and sat back down. Why did he have to die? She asked herself, a great pain in her heart. He was too young to die; it should have been me. He deserved to live. How is Tahiri holding up, I wonder. How are Mom and Dad taking it? I would do anything to change what happened, anything. Her sadness turned to sudden ire. The Vong will pay for this, Anakin, I can assure you. They will never get away with killing my brothers. Another knock at the door made her jump out of her seat. She hoped it wasn?t Kyp or her mother, or any of her friends. When she opened

2. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Really, really great. I always wanted to see a moment like that, following Anakin's death. Very emotionally powerful stuff. Kudos. :)

JMA

3. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    :_| So sad. So very sad. I really feel for poor Jaina. :( Is there gonna be more to this? Like when Jacen comes back?

4. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Powerful post but very sad. The emotion were excellently done.

5. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    Thank You!

JediMasterKobe : I am thinkning about it.

6. puppyglo

May 25, 2003
    *bump*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.