main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tears of the Fallen((Obi/Ani story-NON SLASH!!))

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Master_Dar_Sala-at, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Dar_Sala-at

Master_Dar_Sala-at Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    ~This is a story from Obi-Wan?s point of view. Time frame: Between TPM and AOTC. Anakin has contracted an extremely rare disease. NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO KILL ME FOR THIS! I?m in a morbid mood right now. Italics are memories. MCK said it was a good story so I posted! Have fun, and I hope you like it. ~

My heart swims
    Toward words gathered by the wind
    My voice sprints
    To a tomorrow carried by clouds?

Ba-dump?Ba-dump?Ba-dump.

Blip?Blip?Blip?

My heart pounded so loudly in my chest that I worried it would wake the small frail form that lay still on the bed in front of me. The child had contracted a rare disease that healers nicknamed K2: Killer #2. K2 is a slow, stealthy counterpart to K1, a disease that kills fast. It (K2) bears no symptoms of disease, and can lie hidden for years, until it chooses to strike. The disease gathers on the spinal cord, growing and forming a hardened shell about itself, so that it can be impossible to remove the growth without damaging the person it is in, or killing it's host. This disease passes into the body through open wounds, and thrives in the bloodstream. When it makes it's killing strike, the victim simply collapses, and falls into sleep, and death.

My Padawan, Anakin Skywalker, was the child on the medical bay cot. Skin that was once warm and slightly browned was now paler than snow, and eyes that were once a clear blue were now a grey misty color. He could barely move, and what little movement he made took a lot of his energy. Tubes and needles, wires and bandages stuck out along his body that had once been lean and fit, now all-too-thin and willowy.

I never expected it to be like this. When I took him on as an apprentice, I was fulfilling the wishes of a dying man: my master Qui-Gon Jinn. I held myself back from the boy, not wanting to get attached to him too much. If I got emotionally attached, it would hurt if and when something bad happened. But I failed. I let myself love Anakin. He was so innocent when I met him, and all he wanted was to be loved. I provided him with that love over the years, and he turned into a wonderful apprentice, talented in both the Force and with a lightsaber.

Then, one day, he had started complaining of a pain in his back. I told him it was nothing and provided temporary relief. As the days went on, he started slowing down and tiring more than usual. He fell behind on his studies, going down to the medical ward for aspirins during his classes. Finally, he couldn?t even support himself anymore. Bant admitted him into the medical ward, keeping him on careful observation. They took X-rays of his body, then of his back, where they discovered the K2 beginning to grow on his spine.

The day Bant told me, I was in shock. I couldn?t believe it. K2. My Padawan had K2. Bant kept talking about things they could do to save him, and the consequences, but I wasn?t listening.

My entire world came crashing down around me. I had learned about K2 in school, of course. It was a bio-weapon that could wipe out an entire planet, and no one would find it till it was too late. The fact that it had infected my Padawan terrified me.

?There has to be something you can do!?

Bant shook her head sadly. ?Obi-Wan, did you not just hear what I said??

?I was kind of preoccupied with the fact that my apprentice is DYING!? What was I thinking? Bant was my best friend and now I?m yelling at her. All she did was tell me what she was supposed to tell me.

Tears formed in her large silver eyes.

?Well, I?m sorry Obi-Wan. I?m worried about Anakin too but you need to CALM DOWN!? The Mon Calamarian whirled and ran back to the main medical bay. The door shut behind her.

I sat down hard, elbows resting on my knees and hands in my face. ?What have I done??

Anakin was admitted full time to the infirmary, which leads us to this point in time.

Bant is still angry with me, and I can?t find her to apologize. I grasped the bony hand in front of me. How could I let this happen?

?Obi-Wan.? I turned. Bant stood in t

2. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Awesome! Ani isn't gunna have to be in a wheelchair is he? That would be to freaky! Sorry I said that! I'm so embarassed! This story is great! Keep going with it!

3. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Damn. I wanted the first reply. Great start Lindsey! I lubb it. :D

4. Master_Dar_Sala-at

Jul 27, 2002
    *beams* Wow. I didn't think I would get such fast responses. I appreciate it guys!! Thank you!!! :D

5. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    :eek: That was just INSANE to leave it there! I'm going to keep a steady eye on this - and don't even THINK that you're going to have cliffies every post, either! :p

It's a great start, and I think you're going to be an equally great writer.

THEFALLEn

6. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Hmm. *drums fingers together* Intriguing.

Very good start. I love things from Obi's perspective. [face_love]

Don't care much for Ani, but he's a kid in this, so I'll manage. ;)

Can't wait for more! :D And the poem at the beginning and end is just beautiful, very fitting.

7. Master_Dar_Sala-at

Jul 27, 2002
    LuvEwan: Actually, it's not a poem, it's a song called "Setuki Da Ne" from Final Fantasy 10. You can see the whole thing on my profiley thing.

TheFallen: *blushes* Thank you. You all spoil me too much, ya know? ^_^ :D

8. Master_Dar_Sala-at

Jul 27, 2002
    ~Alright, here?s chapter 2. I hope you like it.~

Wouldn't it be wonderful
    If we could walk together hand in hand?
    How I wish I could go
    To your town, to your home, to your arms?

?His fever is still rising. We need to get more medicine in him.? I watched silently as Tahl grabbed a syringe, filled with a strange looking blue liquid, took Anakin?s limp arm gently and slid the needle slowly into his vein.

It had been a week since my fight with Bant. I hadn?t left Anakin?s side, eaten, or slept since then. My eyes were sunken and hollow, according to Tahl, who had come in to watch Anakin with me. I was wasting away, she said, becoming nothing more than air. Empty, hallow, unfeeling. I don?t know why, but I completely agreed with her.

I was empty, hallow, and unfeeling. Where my heart used to be, where what was left of my heart was anyway, was vacant. I knew Anakin was going to die, and I could do nothing to stop it.

I felt guilt spread over me like a blanket. Only this blanket made me feel cold and alone inside, instead of warm and loved. I was losing the only other person I loved in this world to a disease that couldn?t be cured.

No. That wasn?t true. Bant. I still had Bant. No. Bant was still angry with me, thinking that I didn?t love her like I did my apprentice. But I did. With all my empty heart I did. But I was afraid. Afraid to lose another that I loved. I had to talk to her.

?Bant?? My voice was rasping after not drinking anything for several days.

?Bant is in looking after a patient, Obi-Wan.? A mug of some sort of sweet-smelling brown liquid was thrust under my nose. I looked up at Tahl. She smiled warmly at me. ?Drink this. It?ll make you feel better. Honest.?

?Thanks?? I rasped again, and then drank the glass down. I felt warmth spreading through my body, warming me down to my toes.

?It?s Bant?s special tonic. It?s mainly used for headaches and colds, but you looked like you could use some.? Tahl frowned down at me. ?I don?t like the way you look, Obi-Wan. You?re too thin. You need to eat something.?

Before I could protest that I didn?t want anything, Tahl swept out of the room. I sighed and sat back in my chair, beginning to watch Anakin?s still form again. His heart rate had slowed, ever so slightly.

?There is something we can do. But it will mean that Anakin?s spinal cord will be out of commission.?

Bant?s words flashed through my head again. Out of commission. Anakin would be crippled. Unable to walk, move, or play again. Would that be so terrible?

I glanced back at the small child on the bed. He was always so bright, cheerful, and nothing ever seemed to get him down. Now he was reduced to this frail form that couldn?t even smile.

I stood and moved over to the bed, dragging my chair behind me. I didn?t have the strength to carry it. I sat by the bedside, eyes never leaving Anakin?s face. I took his small hand in mine and held it, desperately trying to bring some warmth back into it.

?Anakin,? I whispered. ?I?m so sorry. I never meant for this to happen. But it?ll all be over soon. I?m going to have them perform the operation.?

One misty grey eye opened a crack, peering at me. Anakin coughed quietly. ?W?ha?t is the o?per?a?tion?? he murmured, closing his eye again.

I looked at him, startled. It was the first time he had spoken since he had slipped into unconsciousness.

?They are going to take the disease off of your spine. You?ll survive this, Anakin. I know you will.?

He coughed again, this time, more violently. ?W?ha?t are t?he si?de?aff?ects?? The child must have heard Tahl and I talking about it.

?You might not be able to walk afterwards. It would cripple you.?

?I d?on?t want ?t?o be cr?ipp?led.? I couldn?t believe what I was hearing.

?Wouldn?t you rather be alive and crippled than dead, Anakin??

?N?o.? Then he slipped back into unconsciousness. His heart skipped a beat, then resumed it normal ?blip??blip??blip? sound.

I sat back in my chair, thinking. I never really considered that

9. Linari_Tanis

Linari_Tanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2002
    :_| :mad: :_| :mad: :_| :mad: :_| :mad: :_| :mad: ANI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    HOW COULD U DO THAT?!?!?!?!?!? YOU EVIL..........PERSON, THING-A-MOBBOBY!!!!!

IF U LET ANI DIE I'LL HUNT U DOWN!!!!!!!

11. Master_Dar_Sala-at

Jul 27, 2002
    *hides* I sorry!!! *waves white flag.* You will like the next post, HONEST!!!

And I could never let Ani die. I'D die if Ani dies.I wouldn't be able to go to school because Dana would KILL me.

12. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    :eek:

* Rattles you hard * HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO US?!

I do spoil people. :p Feel lucky. 'Tis so good... and I want the rest! Where is it? :_|

* Passes out *

13. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Hellooooo! Where's the post?!?

14. Lilu

Lilu Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    Did you just kill my favorite boy?

That can't be! You have to change that - right now!!!

- In other words: Good story :)

15. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Okay come back here now and finish this story and Ani better live and Bant and Obi Wan make up
    Because if you don't...well nothing will happen but I'll shake my finger at you
    well it works with my brother anyway
    great story

16. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    HEY! WAKE UP! SOME OF US ACTUALLY DIE IF WE DON'T GET POSTS!!!!!

17. Master_Ari

Master_Ari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    This is pretty kewl so far

18. Master_Dar_Sala-at

Jul 27, 2002
    AHHHHHHH!!!!!! wow. I am shocked. Lots of people....*beams*

Anyways, I have a valid excuse. My mother deleted all of my files, INCLUDING all of chapters 3,4, AND 5!!! BLAME MY MOTHER!!! Now I have to retype all of those three chapters. So I'll post as soon as I can.

-Dar

19. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Ok, that's good enough. I have an idea: Why don't u post chapter 3 once u get it typed, then type 4, then 5, then however many other chapters ur gunna put. Post them singley. Sorry if that sounded demanding. wasn't trying to be. UP!!!

20. Lilu

Lilu Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    Sounds like a good idear to me.

I just really want more of this story. :)

21. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003

Please pots again I want to know what happens to Ani this story is just toooo good.

22. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
  23. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    WHERE R U? WAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST.......HAVE........POSSSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Master_Dar_Sala-at

Jul 27, 2002
    ~Okay, I finally got around to typing up the third chapter again, for the second time. Here ya go!~

The wind stops
    And your words are a kind illusion
    Clouds part
    And tomorrow is a distant voice?

I paced back and forth in the back of the room, hands clenching and unclenching. A group of healers surrounded Anakin?s bed, talking in frantic whispers. Their tightly packed bodies concealed my apprentice from sight, as well as what they were doing to his small body.

The heart monitor blipped quietly, once?twice?three times?before flat lining again.

What little hope that had been brought back at the heartbeats disappeared completely from me when it returned to flat lining. Tears streamed down my face in hopeless rivers as I stalked out of the healers? ward. How could this happen?! How could Bant let this happen?!

The anger that was once a small flickering flame inside me was now a roaring fire. It consumed my body, filling every inch of my heart and soul. I lost myself in my rage, and I had no control over my body.

I stormed into the council room, shoving in the doors with the Force. The doors had been reduced to crumpled pieces of metal, lying in the middle of the room.

?How could you let this happen?!? I screamed. The large windows in the chamber shattered from all the dark energy that was flowing freely from my body. ?He?s the Chosen One! He CANNOT die!?

None of the masters had moved when the glass had shattered, or when the doors had landed in their midst. Now all of their eyes were filled with sadness and focused on me.

?How could you let him die?! He?s only a child, and the CHOSEN ONE at that!!!!!? What was I saying? These were the people that took me in as a child and raised me to be a powerful Jedi!

?Obi-Wan, sorry to hear of your padawan?s death we are, but calm down you must.? Master Yoda?s voice was powerful, but tired sounding at the same time. Stupid little green troll. You have no idea what this feels like! If you did, you would be acting like this too!

Suddenly, I felt very cold, and neither Mace Windu or Yoda, or any of the other Council members for that matter, would meet my eyes. Realization dawned over me after a few moments.

?You knew?? It came out as a strangled whisper, and I swayed unsteadily. ?You knew he was going to die from the first place, didn?t you?? I said again, accusingly. ?You knew and you let me love him?! Why? Why in Force?s name would you let me do that! You all knew this would hurt me more than anything!?

?Obi-Wan, calm down. It was just a test?? began Mace.

?NO! I will NOT calm down! See what your stupid test did to me?! See?!? I glared at them furiously. ?I can?t believe I trusted you. You, the twelve most powerful force users in the galaxy, playing games with people underneath you? I can?t believe you!? I stormed out of the room, scowling at anyone who passed by.

I shoved the door open to my rooms, grabbed a bag and began stuffing my robes into it. I crammed all I owned into it, and then slung it over my shoulder. I paused at the door, looking over my shoulder.

On the dresser was a small holo of Anakin and I. I walked slowly towards it and touched the edge briefly, before spinning around and dashing out the door. I went immediately to the hangar bay, and paid a pilot 2000 credits to get me away from that place.

?Whar ya goin??? he asked, his accent heavy.

?Alderaan. And I?d like to get there fast.?

The man cackled. ?Runnin? away from yer problems, eh? Well, I get a lot of ?em like you.? I looked at him curiously.

?What do you mean??

?There are a lot o? people like yerself. All runnin? from their pro?lems. Why don? people jest face their fears?? he asked, gunning the engines.

?I?m not running from my problems!? I yelled. ?I just need to leave and get to Alderaan quickly!?

?Alrigh?, alrigh?. Cool yer jets. We?re goin?, we?re goin?.? He took the controls and maneuvered us out of the hangar bay. I sat back in my chair, arms folded stubbornly over my chest. What the ca

25. diamond_pony2002

Nov 6, 2002
    Where's Obi going?

I CAN'T BELIEVE ANI'S GONE! YOU'RE AN EVIL PERSON! Wait a minute......WHERE'S OBI GOING?!? YOU SAID U WOULDN'T LET ANI DIE! BRING HIM BACK! ***runs away from thread crying hysterically*** Bring Ani back and I'll come back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.