main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Teaser #2 Discuss and Dissect

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by starocean90, Apr 16, 2015.

1. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    There are various names given to different sects of insurgents who all are part of the greater Rebel Alliance. Perhaps the Resistance is a group fighting for freedom on a still Imperial controlled world. It's a much smaller group than the overall Republic now is. We don't know for sure if Jakku or the other planets is in Republic controlled space or not yet.

2. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Oh, man. I hope so!

Darth_Downunder likes this.
  3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Maybe it will be called Rogue 2 lol.

T-R- likes this.
  4. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    It's going to be a downloadable level in the new Battlefront game, so I doubt it will get to a bigger screen...

thejeditraitor likes this.
  5. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    We don't have any rumors of C-3PO being injured. There are rumors of a younger (post ROTJ) Luke in a flashback scene that seems to fit what we're seeing.

6. Son_of_Rancor

Son_of_Rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    3PO's agonna! Antony Danniels said that his character survived 6 films despite having filmed 7! Also he spent 5 of those 6 films being in the way and shoehorned in for the fans. JJ wants him out!

7. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    MSW has the three droids, including C-3PO, decoding the location of Luke near the end of the film.

8. BioMech800

BioMech800 Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2015
    You never know. Could explain why Luke's hand has no skin and is exposed. He may have tried to save C3PO from the flames/lava.

9. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    Wow,Imean imagine actually coming upon that thing in the desert and explore inside it..how big was one of those again?

10. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    19 km long, one of the only mass estimates I've seen put it at 9.5 billion tons.

11. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Talk about a death trap. There are probably dead bodies of scrappers who merely got lost in there.

12. HellasLEAF-Jedi

HellasLEAF-Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Apr 25, 2009
    Am I alone in not wanting anymore Teaser's or Trailer's released from this point on??

I feel that, Teaser 2 was absolute perfection. It's exactly what these things were meant to do. Excite you and yet reveal almost nothing. Moreover, create more questions and doubt in your mind. There is so much mystery surrounding this film.

I just want to be completely (or as much as can be in this internet age) surprised by the film. Much like fans were blown away by the OT.

I want my OT experience. This is it.

Disney/JJ, we don't need more clips. You gave us the perfect 2 minutes. The date is set for December. We have waited so long, what's another few months here...

Lando Swarm likes this.
  13. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I could go for one more full trailer. Basically a look at some of the other characters that we haven't seen yet. That'd be sufficient.

14. Son_of_Rancor

Son_of_Rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    Your not alone. There's a whole Forum called "No Spoilers" [face_rofl]

There will be a proper trailer before the release telling us what the film is about, because so far, the general public have no clue what this film is about. Actually, neither do I. :confused:

ProfessorNutbudder likes this.
  15. HellasLEAF-Jedi

HellasLEAF-Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Apr 25, 2009
    Alright guys. Maybe one more then.

But I hope they keep the mystery and give us very little. I really hate these modern trailers that reveal so much, use the best lines, the best scenes, and then I am numb to it when I step into the theatre. That's not what movies should be about. The surprise in the theatre is the biggest part imo.

16. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    We've got 1 more trailer to go before the films released. We've been blessed with 2 teasers so far that haven't really given anything away plot wise. And I'm assuming the full trailer will reveal all of TFA protagonists and antagonists (hopefully) and it'll be 'kin quality. I can see it possibly hinting at certain plot points, but it will still be undefined and entirely ambiguous. And thank **** for that! :)

Lando Swarm likes this.
  17. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I would suspect two trailers. One in September And one in November.

18. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014

At this point (MSW & SVU) have given all of us here enough insight that a generalization of the film is in place without giving away a few of the biggest mysteries; if those were to be given away which I don't think they will be then the surprise may be spoiled. But I believe JJ and Kathleen Kennedy will keep us guessing up until it's release. The last teaser gave us so much to speculate on.

Daisy Ridley character's background, Han and Chewie's whereabouts and Luke's rise and possible fall besides the overall plot seems to be the biggest mysteries and I don't see that changing.

19. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    I'm thinking 3 full trailers

1 with Age of Ultron (next week)

1 with Ant-Man (July 17th)

1 during the the season finale of season 2 of "Rebels" on Disney XD

20. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Still don't know what the film is about. So far, something about the force awakening or something.

disregarding "rumors"

21. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah I think you must've got lost mate. You want the 'No Spoilers' boards. Head on over there and you'll be set up a treat :)

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    1 trailer for each day of the week from here on out.

Loupgarou and Seeher like this.
  23. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I'm talking about what the teasers have shown us so far. [face_shame_on_you]

Seeher likes this.
  24. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Well, my own take on the Force awakening ( this is something that's been discussed in the 'Who's the Baddie' thread ) is that both the Dark and Light sides of the force are about to achieve personification in the ST. Quite how this happens, and how what we know of the plot of TFA ties into this, I cannot elaborate at this stage.

25. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Oh, my apologies. Well I can only speak for myself, but with regards to the plot of the film? Apart from what was already known (Finn, Rey, Poe) pretty much nothing. Still a mystery