main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Teaser #2 Discuss and Dissect

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by starocean90, Apr 16, 2015.

1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  2. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    [​IMG]

Behind Rey on her right and behind It could be (my feeling is likely) BB-8? Trailer 2 seems to show movement of the object and form in question (Ive highlighted in yellow).

[face_peace]

MJ

3. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    There isn't...that's just my own personal speculation based on the intensity of the glow and sparks...it's too big for a bonfire, but too small for a burning city. That looks like the exude of a funeral pyre to me.

So that got me to thinking, "Who's being burned?" My bet is that it's at the beginning of the film, like most of what we see in the trailer. It just seems fit to kick off this film with the death of the mother of Luke's child. This way, Luke gets a child, and we don't have to introduce the character of the mother. That can be a few lines of exposition the way Luke's father was nothing more than a few lines of exposition in A New Hope.

My theory, IMHO, fits the rhyme and meter of the "tone poem" that Star Wars is. I'm just riffing on what's been played so far, and it's in the groove, man. :cool:

HellasLEAF-Jedi likes this.
  4. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
  5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    My god cloning is real :p

MarcJordan likes this.
  6. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    [​IMG] Future Falcon heroics!- TFA

[​IMG]

Past Falcon heroics - ESB

[​IMG]

Future Falcon going toward past destroyed SD (SSD)

[​IMG]
    Past Falcon going toward SSD in ESB

MJ

darksideDINO likes this.
  7. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Recut for theme park use.

Xinau, MarcJordan, magmd and 2 others like this.
  8. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

How about a comparison of the MF flying through Death Star 2, and the MF flying through the engine in the trailer

jc1138 likes this.
  9. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Earlier today, I saw the TFA trailer in front of a matinee screening of Tomorrowland...a.k.a. 2 Hours, 10 Minutes of Disney Promoting Everything It Owns Except the Marvel Films [face_clown]

Brad Bird passed over a Star Wars film for this?

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

Three things

1. Brad already committed to Tomorrowland. Many directors see that as their word and want to see the project get completed unless something unexpected happens though being offered another gig is not one of them.
    2. Don't underestimate the pull of creating something new and having creative control. A picture like Tomorrowland gives a director a lot more creative control since it's a world he/she help create. Star Wars is a world created by someone else. You can be creative WITHIN that world, but still must play within those worlds boundaries.
    3. I know we see directing a Star Wars movie, a role of a lifetime. But to many Hollywood directors, directing a huge big budget ticket like Star Wars (and especially Star Wars) is a thankless job with no real reward. It's going to be a monster hit regardless. It if's great then people will say "Of course it was great, it's the sequel to Return of the Jedi after all. How does one screw that up?" And if sucks then they will hear "How on earth does one screw up the sequel to Return of the Jedi?!?!"

So yes from our perspective, choosing Tomorrowland (even at the time) over Episode VII looks idiotic. But like many other things in life, there are other perspectives. That all said? I really don't see the attraction of directing Tomorrowland. It didn't sound like a interesting movie...and I happen to find Disneyland a truly interesting place.

Import_Jedi and Artoo-Dion like this.
  11. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    It was Clooney that primarily kept Bird on Tomorrowland, based on an article I read online. Not to stay off-topic any futher, but this WASN'T an interesting movie--there were a couple of Star Wars references in the flick that clearly showed that Disney was using this movie as a platform to promote Star Wars moreso than its other projects. The only thing I liked about this film was that I'm a space geek and they filmed at Kennedy Space Center in Florida for some scenes. Oh, and I'm a fan of the old TV show House and it was cool that Hugh Laurie was in it

thejeditraitor likes this.
  12. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Easily my favorite comment in any of the YouTube reaction videos is "Yo they brought back the babykiller," in reference to Anakin's / Luke's lightsaber.

13. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
  14. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I love seeing the old school/new school TIE pilots in comparison to each other like that.

15. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Hate to say it, but I like the design of the new TIE pilot better.

16. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I really love the '50s spaceman look of the sleeves on the new suit.

Revanfan1, Dewback, TK327 and 2 others like this.
  17. darksideDINO

darksideDINO Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2015
    When Luke's voice is heard in the trailer reciting the ROTJ speech (if it is Luke? Sounds like him) after every line he speaks, an echo of another voice(s) can be heard...what's all that about, or am I hearing things?

18. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    It's Hamill's ROTJ recording with him doing a new recording underneath.

Import_Jedi and darksideDINO like this.
  19. darksideDINO

Apr 18, 2015
    Sacrilege!!! Haha ;)

20. darksideDINO

Apr 18, 2015
    So is there anything new to be had from this mystical underlay? Or am I reading too much into it?

21. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I think Abrams just liked the idea, tying the new and old together.

thejeditraitor and darksideDINO like this.
  22. darksideDINO

Apr 18, 2015
    Yeah, I can dig that...Mr. Abrams certainly likes to play with the fans.

23. darksideDINO

Apr 18, 2015
    If I couldn't be more excited for november december... I am now! Got a bit carried away just then :)

24. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    After literally caning the 2nd teaser to within an inch of its life ;) I made a conscious decision to leave it alone for a while. And I'm not joking, I haven't been near it in what must be nigh on a month. Anyway, while I was at work yesterday on a bit of down time, I decided to watch it again. It wasn't something I'd pondered doing. The thought just entered my head..and during that hiatus, I'd clearly forgotten how glorious the trailer actually is. In fact, I'm off to watch it another 10 times in a row! :)

Xinau, PymParticles and Strongbow like this.
  25. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I hadn't watched the trailer in several weeks. I finally got around to watching Age of Ultron in-theater on Monday, and wasn't even thinking about the TFA trailer playing beforehand, so I was taken by surprise. At the first (musical) note I knew that's what it was, because John Williams' Star Wars scores (honestly, all his music) are so distinctive.

My wife, who like(d?) Star Wars but tells me I've pretty much ruined it for her because I'm obsessed with it :(, said Luke's lines (as they were spoken in the trailer) with no encouragement from me, which I thought was awesome. As the trailer played on, I had that spine-tingling/good-chills sensation because the music and visuals were just so awesome. Keep in mind, I watched this trailer many, many times when it came out, though I didn't notice having much of a physiological reaction to either trailer on "the small screen" (phone/computer).

At the end, with the shots of the Millennium Falcon, Han, and Chewie, she said something along the lines of "awww"/"yay" and then "it looks like it's going to be really, really good." :D Hopefully the full movie elicits a similar impression/feeling and is massively successful, launching a new era of Star Wars fans (and refreshing those who may be jaded with the previous stuff, like my wife.)

Wildcatbarry likes this.