main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Teaser Trailer for 'A Star Wars Story' Fan Film

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by PaulWrightyThen, Jan 20, 2016.

1. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    -Deep breath-

So, I've been working on a script for a little while that is almost done. I've also been working on some early vfx for the film. Principle Photography is set to start around the end of March. Hope to see you guys along for the journey.

:)

Here are some stills.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  2. AnimatorJoshie

AnimatorJoshie Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2016
    Cool! I'll be sure to watch it. Did you make a 3d animation or did you use minitaures?

3. PaulWrightyThen

Jan 11, 2016
    3D models. I got them from a couple of CG forums. But all the animation and compositing was done by me.

4. Altureus

Altureus Jedi Knight

Jan 6, 2011
    Wow! Great job on that animation, it looks great very high quality for a fan film.

PaulWrightyThen likes this.
  5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    It does look very high quality for a fan film.

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Looks amazing! Looking forward to seeing more!

7. PaulWrightyThen

Jan 11, 2016

Thanks guys. Its a slow burner for sure. But, labours of love are I guess.

8. czajac

czajac Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2016
    Very well done

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

9. czajac

czajac Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2016
    I just finished a fanfilm myself looking for some feeback

10. PaulWrightyThen

Jan 11, 2016
    First off, well done on finishing your film! Always a challenge to even get that far and thanks for your kind words about my work.

Now, I'm used to the film making forums where it can be pretty harsh. So remember, you asked me for feedback.

Audio: The audio is pretty poor. You need to use cross fades as you recorded in an echoy room so some of the dialogue is clipped which can get pretty grating. People will forgive lack lustre visuals if the audio is good. So you need to work on that. The music and dialogue were competing for volume which again, makes it hard for the viewer.

Opening titles: I could see what you were going for. A fair stab. A really good site for getting inspiration for titles as well as tutorials is video copilot.net. Follow his lead and you'll come on leaps and bounds.

Some of the staging was a little off. When the guys are writing on the black board I couldnt see what they were writing. So when the teacher is losing his temper I'm not sure why. During your fight scenes you kept 'crossing the line' which makes it difficult to watch.
    If you haven't heard of this, check this link out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/180-degree_rule.

Basically, re-watch your favourite fight scenes/dialogue scenes and figure out why they work, then try and put those techniques into your stuff.

Fun concept, but was difficult to stick with because of the stuff I listed above.

Keep going though. :)

Paul

11. czajac

czajac Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2016
    Thank you! That was helpful