main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Teaser Trailer for Star Wars: Empire Risen

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by CaptSparrow, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptSparrow

CaptSparrow Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2006
    A teaser trailer for my near future trailer movie, Star Wars: Empire Risen, animated entirely in Anim8or, effects added in After Effects, and sound mixed in Audition, this trailer/movie will be released in summer 2007.
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

The teaser trailer is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmRxqBZx2xs

Plz comment!

2. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Ok, the look wasn't awful for Anim8tor.

What I would do to improve it:

1) Speed up those clips, and have a few more. They look painfully dull slow like that.
    2) Use that music right, put the slow part where your text is coming up, when you break into the actual clips, find the part of the song where it picks up (especially for your particlar choice of music) to really amp up the clips.

Just my .02

3. CaptSparrow

CaptSparrow Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2006
    Thanks for the advice, I know the part where the TIEs are the Falcon is kinda of slow. And the music will be improved![face_dancing]

4. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Okay, you're aware of the slow ships, okay, good. But there's more than that:

1) Not very exciting. The titles should probably go a lot faster, or at least not have so much black time between 'em.

2) There's not much information here. Sure, it's only a teaser, but I don't feel teased so much as taunted. You don't have to lay the entire premise of the film out, but at least tell us something about the plot. Even if it's misleading as hell, or vague as hell, that would make me speculate: "Where is this going? Did I see that right? They're doing what to who...? Really? This could be interesting..." Instead, I'm going, "A couple of FX shots. Whoopita."

3) "An Empire for Ming..."??? Ming the Merciless? Is this a Flash Gordon crossover? WTF, mate? Cuz if it is, I think you need more than just SW ships in there. Throw us a bone, here...

5. XPOC

XPOC Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2006
    Firstly ..

Listen to rocketgirl, its good advice

Secondly, change the music.....that track is suck a cliche now.

Good luck with your movie.

6. Lord2

Lord2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2006
    nice what you should improve is, that the ships move little faster and some...more color on the ships.

World of Warcraft music isn't it?

7. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    It occured to me last night that that might have been "An Empire Forming". But I was prepared to swear it actually said "An Empire for Ming". You, uh, might wanna check and see if there's an errant space or some kerning problems with your font, because that was my honest impression at first, that there was a definite gap between "for" and "ming"...

8. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2004
    It looks interesting u probably have heard this already but speed up the clips.

9. XPOC

XPOC Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2006
    Rocket girl you are a genius...

It does say a rebellion forming...not for ming!!!

I was kinda like wtf, who is ming. Now you pointed that out, it makes so much more sence...

...Moral of the story, change your font!

10. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Hmm, well.

1)Very Slow (the entire thing)
    2)Space out your words better, the Episode I font positions words too close to each other and I actually saw An Empire For Ming first also.
    3)Never use the Adobe Lens Flares, they are kind of pretty but half the people in the world will be able to spot those right off and it makes it look entirely unproffessional.

11. dvdcdr

dvdcdr Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2006
    Sound effects, man!! Can't go wrong without some good sound effects. Instead of just the sound of the lasers shooting have some loud rumbling noises when the ships go by.

12. 21gninja

21gninja Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2004
    I have found blurring the Adobe lens flare helps alittle. But I liked 3d models, interested in seeing the final results.

13. D_Alexander

D_Alexander Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    World of Warcraft?! Dude:p Seriously, go watch Requiem for a Dream. You won't be dissapointed:)

14. cyrax037

cyrax037 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2006
    yeah, and the ending part was abit to fast. It kinda whent slow up to the point where it was ending then rushed it. Add a couple more clips there, don't be afraid of draging the ending out just a "tiny" bit more!

15. madhorizons

madhorizons Jedi Master star 3

May 10, 2006
    Any movie where Jennifer Connely does *THAT* is worth watching :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.