main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Teaser Trailer ideas?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth_Articulate, Nov 14, 2012.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Disney Logo
    Lucasfilm Logo

Obi-Wan voice over: For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.

As he speaks we see scenes from the PT, starting with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, moving into AOTC and finally ROTS. Basically the Jedi at their peak.

Obi-Wan voice over: Before the dark times.

Rapid shots from Order 66 and then settling on a young Obi-Wan standing over Anakin's burning body.

Obi-Wan voice over: Before the Empire.

The last ROTS shot of Vader and Palpatine on the bridge of the Star Destroyer.

Fade to black.

Yoda voice over: This one a long time have I watched.

As he speaks we get the classic shot of Luke looking out at the Twin Suns.

Yoda voice over: All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon.

Fade to black.

Yoda voice over: Only a fully trained Jedi Knight, with the Force as his ally, will conquer Vader and his Emperor.

Shot of Luke training on Dagobah, doing the hand stand. Then rapidly cut to Luke battling Vader in front of the Emperor before fading back to Luke sat in Yoda's hut in ROTJ.

Yoda: Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be.

As he speaks we change to the classic image of Luke at Vader's funeral pyre.

Yoda voice over: Pass on what you have learned.

As Yoda's dialogue ends everything goes silent as we get our first new footage. A man in a brown robe, the hood is up, his face shadowed. He raises his head, revealing his face - Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master! He ignites his green lightsaber. Off screen 2 more lightsabers can be heard igniting, the camera pans out, slightly behind and to either side of Luke stand 2 Jedi in their early twenties (our next generation Jedi, in my head this is Jacen and Jaina Solo)

Cut to black.

Logo - Star Wars Episode VII

Luke voice over: The Force will be with you, always.

Text - Coming 2015

LawJedi likes this.
  2. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    damn some of these are very very good. i mean i could see them in my head.

3. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    For the teaser, I'd like it to follow the AOTC breathing trailer... without Vader's breathing, of course. No voice-over, no dialogue, just music and some brief images. Or if they really wanted to be retro, make it like the TESB concept art trailer, that just showed paintings, and nothing else. That would be awesome.

4. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    These are really good. They're so creative. I can see and hear it in my head already.

5. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    if that happens, it will kill my taste for star wars. it will. i can't that stand his music or him.

6. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    This one is simple but I think it makes good use of Star Wars music

7. Neo_3

Neo_3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    ^Something like this for Summer 2014 and then in December 2014 any one of the ones posted.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Some good work in here. Can definitely see the trailer being something like one of these.

Reading the one about the Mandos got me thinking about a Luke acting like Liam Neeson in Taken. ;)

"Obi-Wan told me the Jedi weren't allowed to love. They weren't allowed to have families. I didn't understand why they would do that to themselves. I do now."

Cue badass semi-Dark Side Luke on a mission.

9. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Just play Binary Sunset and show a light saber, and I'm there.

10. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    They could run it sooner than that in front of other Disney movies in 2013 like......

AND

Great target audiences.

11. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Dang Chris Lyne, send your notes ASAP to the Disney marketing department. That was very good.

The only thing I hope they do is maybe have a small voiceover and then just have the name of the film and Summer 2015.

That's it.

Anti-hype.

12. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    ChrisLyne, now you've got me wondering if Lucasfilm-Disney can even use clips of the Fox movies in trailers in the theater.

13. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'd be pretty open to whatever they do. I can only imagine how excited I will be when I see the opening of the first trailer-likely the Jedi theme or something similar...

There just better not be any Darth Vader breathing...such a cop-out gimmick-especially now, since it wouldn't even make sense anymore...:rolleyes:

14. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Just earlier I was realizing the marketing of this would be unlike Lucasfilm's prequel method, although that was more revealing than I would have expected. I stayed away from trailers with the exception of the AOTC teasers November 2001.

15. VonDan

VonDan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 4, 2012
    FADE IN: A montage of news real footage from the forties.
    A dark and brooding musical score.

The first news real footage is of Adolf Hitler giving an animated speech at a rally.
    Narrator
    (worried)
    "In a time when a madman sought to rule the world."

Next a scene of SS troopers in full dress uniform goose steeping and saluting on parade.

Narrator
    "With an army of blood,"

Next a scene of German tanks on the blitzkrieg

Narrator
    "and iron,"

Next a scene of mass executions of civilians

Narrator
    "and fear."

Next a scene of scientist in white lab coats working in a lab

Narrator
    "The greatest achievements of the human mind,"

Next a scene of a V2 rocket launching.

Narrator
    "were corrupted,"

Next a scene of London Burning

Narrator

"and turned to destruction."

Next a scene of a bigger V2 Rocket launching.

Narrator
    "The next dark age was almost upon us."

Next a scene of the New York City skyline circa 1945 - Night

Narrator
    "The world was only hours away,"

The last news real footage is of the New York City skyline circa 1945 with a giant mushroom cloud rising above the city.

Narrator
    "from a thousand years of enslavement for all mankind."

EXT.. New York City Ruins - Night
    The city burns. Off in the distance we can see that the statue of liberty is still standing but hunched over, tired and weary the torch is missing but a defiant fist still burns. Out of the flames come five shadows as the shadows get closer we can see they are women.

Narrator
    "There is one last chance"

The five women confidently stride forward through the wreckage of New York City. They move in slow motion the only sound beneath the music is the crackle of roaring flames. A building in the background crumbles into a mound of rubble. From left to right they are GI Nurse, Maiden, Sandy, Peggy and Natalie.

EXT.. New York City Ruins - Night; Close up on GI Nurse (30)
    She is wearing a white shirt and green combat pants tucked into black combat boots. She has a white forage cap with a medical symbol. She has blond hair pulled back into a working ponytail. Over her shoulder is a medical bag. She has a web belt with a Colt .45 on her hip.

Narrator
    "For Redemption"

EXT.. New York City Ruins - Night; Close up on Maiden (20)
    She is dressed in a red flannel shirt and brown western work pants over brown western boots. Her long black hair is held back with a red bandanna. On her back is a radio. She has a Winchester rifle in her hands.

Narrator
    "For Justice"

EXT.. New York City Ruins - Night; Close up on Sandy (25)
    She is dressed in a black commando sweater and khaki combat pants tucked into short boots. She is a wearing a green glengarry with a tartan band and a crossed daggers pin. She has chin length red hair. In her hands is a Stein submachine.

Narrator
    "For Honor"

EXT.. New York City Ruins - Night; Close up on Peggy (25)
    She is dressed in a light blue shirt and a dark blue uniform skirt with oxford shoes. She has a blue royal navy cap over her long brown hair, the hat band says HMS VICTORY. She is wearing glasses and in her pocket are a slide rule and lots of pencils. She has a shoulder holster with a Webley .44 revolver.

Narrator
    "For Truth"

EXT.. New York City Ruins - Night; Close up on Natalie (17)
    She is dressed in a denim jacket and blue jeans with black tennis shoes. She has a black beret with a St Lorane cross pin over her short blond hair. In her right hand is one end of a large piece of red cloth that she has been dragging in the dirt. In her belt is a Luger pistol and several knives.

Narrator
    "For The Future"

EXT.. New York City Ruins - Night
    The five women stop before a pile of flaming debris and look around grimly, the flames in front of them are knee high.

Natalie
    She throws the red cloth on the fire as it flutters down into the flames we can see it is a Nazi flag.

The flames rise to waist high as the five watch the flag burn. Sandy looks up from the flames and into the camera.

Sandy
    "Not this time Adolf!"

The other four nod in agreement, and they all draw their weapons and fire at the camera.

FADE TO BLACK

Narrator
    "It's time for action, it's time for"
    (beat)
    "The Action Girls"

A bunch of production credits

Narrator
    "Action never looked so good."

16. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    That's possibly the perfect teaser because it does precisely what it ought to - teases.

But, here's my idea:

1. Lucasfilm Logo

2. [Black screen with text]: A new darkness....

3. [A shot of space with the nose of a ship coming over head, filmed directly from below the ship just like the opening shot of ANH, cuts out immediately after the most minute of detail is shown]

4. [Black screen with text] ...will RISE

5. [Title screen with Imperial March playing over the top of it]

6. [Black screen with no sound or music, complete silence] 2015

17. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    That's possibly the perfect teaser because it does precisely what it ought to - teases.

But, here's my idea:

1. Lucasfilm Logo

3. [A shot of space with the nose of a ship coming over head, cutting out immediately after the most minute of detail is shown]

18. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012

But, here's my idea:

1. Lucasfilm Logo

3. [A shot of space with the nose of a ship coming over head, cutting out immediately after the most minute of detail is shown]

19. The Crippled God

The Crippled God Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2012
    I admit that was an excellent suggestion! Loved reading that, and how you combined elements of the prequels and the originals to give your trailer a feeling of being coherent with the existing story, yet have something new in store :) Only thing I would add:

[face_whistling]

20. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    They hould edit some of the completed scenes into an intense but not to revealing trailer that is just enough to tease you.......We have no idea what the movie is bout yet its a bit hard to predict the trailers

21. The Crippled God

The Crippled God Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2012
    Fade in - Disney castle - fade out
    Fade in- Lucasfilm logo - fade out
    Fade in - STAR WARS logo, the main theme blasting out of the speakers - fade out
    Music fades
    Black field of stars
    Fade in - "2015 logo" - fade out

Voice over - You thought the Skywalker saga was over, didn't you? But it isn't.
    Fade in - Image of Yoda saying "No, there is another"
    Voice over - Prepare to meet Luke Skywalker's son
    Fade in - Image of Luke holding hands with Chief Chirpa - fade out
    Voice over - In the celebrations on Endor...
    Fade in - Luke and Chief Chirpa dancing - fade out
    Voice over - Luke Skywalker found true love...
    Fade in - Luke and Chief Chirpa kissing - fade out
    Voice over - ...but now the galaxy faces its greatest threat...
    Fade in - X-Wing fighters dodging lasers - fade out
    Voice over - The unholy union of Jedi and Ewok...
    Fade in - Ewoks climbing a Senate building - fade out
    Fade in - EPISODE VII: THE RISING RISE OF THE JEWOK

[​IMG]

22. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Indeed, along with "dawn". I wish people would stop trying to be poetic when guessing titles. I hope the title has a uniquely STAR WARS word in it, like Return of the Jedi, and Revenge of the Sith, or even The Empire Strikes Back.

23. ACDC

ACDC Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2004
    I've got the idea for quite possibly the most emotional trailer there could be for VII, but I'll be keeping that info to myself fun times ;3

24. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    fade in DISNEY CASTLE AND LOGO
    fade out
    fade in LUCASFILM LOGO and a soft score begins to play in the background as a female voice asks, "Why me?"
    fade out as the same voice asks again, "Why do you want me to be his master?"
    fade in to a older redheaded woman clad in a green tunic staring out into space. A brown haired young woman is standing behind her in a jumpsuit. The redhead looks back at her. "Who else do you expect me to trust with his training? Your brothers?"
    cut to a side view of the redheaded woman. "Ben is powerful, stubborn, and idealistic... like his father."
    cut to the young woman glancing down in shadow. "He's afraid of failing, of falling."
    cut to the redheaded woman shaking her head. "Everyone has the capacity for good and evil... Pass on what I taught you, pass on what Luke taught me."
    cut to the young woman. "I don't think I can do this... Surely Uncle Luke would be--"
    cut to the redheaded woman who glares at her. "He is Luke's son. He is my son."
    crosscut to a boy around fifteen years old with curly dirty blonde hair standing in the middle of a circle. "Ben will be your apprentice, Jaina."
    cut to the older redheaded woman looking up at the young woman. "Pass on what you have learned."
    fade to black. "I will."
    fade in to the boy sitting in meditation, the components of a lightsaber floating before him.
    crosscut to the boy crying, with the young girl hugging him. "Emotion"
    cut to the lightsaber crystal sliding into place. "...yet peace."
    crosscut to a sniper scope locking onto Leia Organa. "Ignorance"
    cut to another piece of the lighsaber sliding into place. "...yet knowledge."
    crosscut to a the young woman standing beside a young man with a scar. "Passion"
    cut to a piece of the lightsaber casing sliding into place. "...yet serenity."
    crosscut to a battle scene, dozens of soldiers run across the ground firing in all directions as jedi defend against shots. "Chaos"
    cut to the last piece of the lightsaber sliding into place. "...yet harmony."
    crosscut to the young girl crouched over a body in tears. "Death..."
    cut to the boy reaching forward and clasping his lightsaber. A blue blade burns to life. "...yet the Force."
    cut to an over the shoulder shot of Mark Hamill sitting opposite the boy in meditation.
    fade to black.
    STAR WARS Episode VII:

25. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    so the boy meditating was ben?
    i could imagine the force theme being played through all of this.