main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Teaser Trailer ideas?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth_Articulate, Nov 14, 2012.

1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Vague, yet effective!

I gotta say, if they release a trailer like this one, they could essentially do it anytime! Even now!

2. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    I agree they should do it in front of the next big Disney movie which is OZ released March 2013.

3. Sith Iratus

Sith Iratus Jedi Master

Nov 24, 2012
    this would be a great teaser.
    simple and to the point.

4. furcifer

furcifer Jedi Master star 2

Jun 30, 2004
  5. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Disney castle and logo

Lucasfilm logo

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away . . .

Old voice overs/clips

Qui Gon: There's something about this boy.

Qui Gon: Who was his father?
    Shmi: There was no father.

Qui Gon: I have encountered a vengeance in the force.
    Mace: You refer to the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the force, you believe its this boy?
    Qui Gon: It was possible he was conceived by the midichlorians.

Sidious: He could use the force to influence the midichlorians to create life.

Obi Wan: Is he not the chosen one? Is he not to destroy the Sith and bring balance to the force?
    Mace: So the prophecy says.

Yoda: Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Sidious: Darth Plagueis was a dark lord of the Sith. He had such a knowledge of the dark side he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.

Obi Wan: Your going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Sidious: He taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep.

Obi Wan: If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

Sidious: To cheat death is a power only one has achieved.

Vader: You don't know the power of the dark side . . .

Show quick new shots of C3PO, R2D2, Chewie, Lando, Han, Lea and then Luke.

New voice over

Yoda Ghost: Stronger, the dark side grows. Even in the netherworld, its presence is felt. The force, unbalanced it remains. Either a lie, the prophecy was, or the Sith are still alive.

Star Wars Episode VII: A Plagued Prophecy

Coming to a galaxy near you, summer 2015

6. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    fade in DISNEY CASTLE AND LOGO
    fade out
    fade in LUCASFILM LOGO as the force theme begins to play.
    fade out as Mark Hamill's voice begins, "The Force is strong in my family..."
    fade in to an aged Luke Skywalker standing on a landing platform, "I have it..."
    fade out as Mark Hamill's voice continues, "My father had it..."
    fade in to an aged Leia climbing down the boarding ramp of the Millenium Falcon, "My sister has it..."
    crossfade to two adults clad in jedi robes that look roughly like Leia and Han, "Her children have it..."
    crossfade to an older woman with greying red hair, "My wife has it..."
    slow fade to an older teen back-lit with a lightsaber assembling itself before him, "And my son has it..."
    closeup of the teen's face, as another male voice speaks up. "There is more to the Force then simply Light and Dark..."
    crosscut to a girl with short blonde hair clad in rags floating in a force field as two guards clad in mandalorian armor circle her. "Love and Anger..."
    cut to the girl as she glares at the guard who begins choking. "Compassion and Hate..."
    cut to two lightsabers whirling from the belt of one of the guards, igniting and cutting apart the force field generator. "Guidance and Power..."
    cut to the girl dropping in the middle of the cell, the lightsabers arcing to her waiting hands. "Vengeance..."
    closeup of the girls face as the blades ignite again. "And Forgiveness..."
    fade out as a younger voice speaks up. "It's a lot to live up to."
    fade in to the older redheaded woman putting a hand on a teen's shoulder, "I know Ben..."
    crosscut to the girl standing surrounded by mandalorian soldiers
    crosscut to Luke leaning forward from a seat at a council meeting, "She's dangerous!"
    crosscut to a massive black ship emblazoned with a mythosaur skull firing on a Mon Calamari cruiser with starfighters circling.
    crosscut to the redheaded woman glaring at Luke. "So was I, if you care to remember!"
    crosscut to the teenage boy from before fighting back to back with the girl, surrounded by soldiers.
    crosscut to an old Han Solo behind a quad laser on the Millenium Falcon, "I'm getting to old for this."
    crosscut to a flight of starfighters diving on the Millenium Falcon as it returns fire.
    crosscut to a female Jedi clad in robes beside the boy. "Ben, it'd be my pleasure to train you..."
    crosscut to a the same woman clad in a grey jumpsuit with a purple lightsaber fighting with the blonde girl from before.
    crosscut to the woman holding her purple lightsaber to the blonde girl's throat. "Who are you?"
    crosscut to the girl breathing hard, staring up the blade. "Nomi..."
    fade to black, "Nomi Starkiller."
    text: STAR WARS Episode VII:
    fade in to Threepio looking distressed. "We're doomed!"
    cut to Artoo twittering.
    cut to Threepio. "This is all your fault."
    text: Summer 2015

Doug625 likes this.
  7. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i could imagine the teaser trailer being something like the new star trek teaser trailer showing some of the movie and the heroes and and the villian.

8. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    just a 2 second clip from behind Han and Chewie in the Falcon as it is headed right into some kind of chaos.....that would work for me!

9. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I don't we'll see anything until 2014.
    It's possible there may be a place holder trailer like above in 2013, but I'm not holding my breath.

10. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I just want the music to swell, the Lucasfilm logo to twinkle...and then show the Millennium Falcon in flames, spiraling down through a planet's atmosphere. Then, cut - Title. End.

11. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Appreciate the effort - but way too prequel-ish (Mace, Sidious, etc)

12. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Maybe a little flashback to Vader's cremation and a close up shows Luke fuelled the fire with a ton of EU books!

13. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    That's awesome! I love the droids.

14. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Was good until you said Jedis. ;) Also, that title seems a little too novel-y.

15. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    Wonder if there can be a teaser with Luke narrating, and debuts of Ben Skywalker, Anakin, Jacen & Jaina Solo. Appearances of Leia & Han. Voice overs of Anakin/Vader, Obi-Wan & Yoda & Sideous.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I bet the the teaser trailer will inform us that there is a new film coming out...

17. higgyprince

higgyprince Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2012
    I'd have the usual starters , Disney logo , Lucas film.
    Fade into our favourite starter shot of panning down to a world we havent seen before , then the sound of the falcon and it pans right over the camera with it going off into the distance with Han solo saying over the footage " chewie make ready the landing gear" , you don't actually see han and chewie.
    Fades away
    Iconic music starts.
    Fades into a brand new shot of Luke holding his lightsaber with a look of anguish
    Fade away
    Fade into a cave set in some iconic mountains , rain and lightning lashing down , slowly the camera enters the cave , all dark , music getting more dramatic , as the camera enters further into the cave , fire wall lights are seen with a figure in the distance in a black robe , back towards us , standing in front of what looks like an alter etc , Camera gets right upto their back and the figure turns to face the camera. The figure looks directly at the camera and just smiles......the emporer.
    Fades away

Star wars episode 7 blah blah blah....

18. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    Disney logo, Lucasfilms logo
    voice overs and a shadow figure walks up to the camera:
    - Luke: You are much like Obi-Wan... Ben.
    - Ben: I won't let the dark side hurt our family again.
    - Anakin: I am not like my grandfather, and I am NOT my grandfather!
    - Mara Jade: The Force is strong with us all!
    - Dark Jedi: Feel the return of the DARK... SIDE!
    - Luke: Welcome... to the NEW Jedi order!
    Luke shows up from the shadows, removing his hood and wields his lightsaber
    - Sith Lord: Luke Skywalker. How nice to see you again.
    The camera zooms at Luke's eye and showing the title: Star Wars Episode VI: The New Jedi Alliance