main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Jedi_Master_Kel, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    If you've seen it, let us know your opinion.

I'm taking Alex to see the Incredibles today. I had this planned for a couple of weeks. Now that the trailer is before this movie, it doubly makes me want to see the Incredibles.

JMK

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    **********TEASER SPOILERS****************

I caught the teaser on MTV yesterday and all I can say is this teaser has me totally psyched for the movie now! My favorite part by far is the use of ANH Ben Kenobi retelling the story of Anakin/Vader almost as a narration for the trailer. It really ties the whole group of movies together which is ultimately one of the major things this movie needs to do. Just seeing Vader rising up on that platform sent chills down my spine and there also appears to be a shot of Artoo and Threepio on the Tantive IV, once again bringing echoes of ANH to this film. Even the trailer opened with the classic "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away." I've only seen the trailer once so far, so other memorable things I remember are a Wookiee army, the Emperor with a lightsaber, and a lot of fighting and lava! Notable by his absence, given all the talk after the Clone Wars cartoons, was General Grievous. But there will be plenty of other trailers to incorporate him. I think this trailer was ultimately meant to show that they're about to tie together all the movies and that the birth of Vader is upon us! The introduction of new characters and places can occur later in the promotion which is great. Here's hoping the movie delivers as well as this trailer did!

3. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Good overview, Dal. Freakin GREAT trailer. I, too, am SOOO psyched for May 05. The Anakin Sith-eyes were great. Sideous is gonna be just pure SCARY EVIL in this one!

4. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I thought the evil-eyed Anakin was cool. I thought the whole thing was cool, actually. ;)

5. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Nice new avatar Minacia (drool ;) )

6. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Did you catch the trailer with The Incredibles this weekend, Kev?

7. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    No, I did not. (sucks)
    We got there in what usually is plenty of time, 15 min before the show. Heck, it was the 4 pm show, not a night showing. You should have seen the line. This was due mainly to the fact that they had only 1 person selling the tickets, and 2 people running the popcorn/soda area. We got into the theater in time to catch 1 trailer, and the preshow (Pixar's short film) before the movie came on.

However, the movie was great. Alex and I went to McDonalds after the movie, and we both got happymeals so he could have both toys. We then went over to Toys*R*Us and picked him up another toy.

We came home and I caught the trailer on the internet. All I have to say is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

You know I'll be getting some contacts like those! I have the Vader costume and I have a Jedi knight costume that I will convert to an Anakin style. Being bad feels oh so good.

Have a great week.

JMK

8. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Nice new avatar Minacia

Why thank you. :)

So my question now is: Would your eyes always do that freaky yellow thing when you go full-blown sith? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

9. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    When I saw the trailer on Access Hollywood last Thursday my jaw dropped.

I didn't like the teaser poster so I was kinda scared when it came time to see the trailer.

****Spoilers****

Anakin with the Maul eyes, Sidious with a lightsaber, Wookies, Anakin trying to kill Obi-Wan, the duel...

The list could go on and on.

All I can say is that this is going to be one sweet movie!!!

Can't wait for the party in Raleigh next year!!

10. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    Mike & I saw the trailer last week & I have to admit that both of us are very intrigued by it ! ! ! [face_hypnotized]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.