main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[tech] Banners

Discussion in 'Communications' started by NJOfan215, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    In the jc and in here the banner doesn't reload every time i open the main page of the forum, but in the welcome new user forum and in the requil forum after every post it reloads. Why is that, and can that be stoped some how?

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Might have something to do with your temp settings. I had that problem last summer and messed around with some settings and it started working right.

3. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    I'll have to check that out.

4. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Increase the size of your Temporary Internet Files (the folder where images like JC Banners are kept. If it's too small, files will keep getting deleted, and this is probably what's happening). In IE, it's in Tools -> Options -> General. In Firefox, it's Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cache. Increase it to 800 MB (in IE) or 800000 kb in Firefox (this is assuming you have a decent hard drive). Hopefully, that should help you out. :)

I_F

5. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    My guess is that the others that have posted here are right, and that it's due to the cache.

6. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    Increase it to 800 MB (in IE) or 800000 kb in Firefox

You shouldn't need anything like that amount of cache. One tenth of that should be more than enough, even if you're on dial-up & have a large hard drive. Just clear your cache every month or so. No point holding onto crap from some website you visited once last year.

7. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    thanks guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.