main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TECH] Can't ZeroSleep implement a Toolbar for us like other forums?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by JediMaster22, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Better IP tracking, improved private messages, the ability to assign moderator powers, the ability to define our own UBB codes, a profanity censor, greatly increased ability to define how the boards display, a few bug-fixes here and there. I agree.

Also adding more things to the toolbar can slow down the pages. I meant will be slow down the display of each board.

2. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    A spellchecker could do wonders.

3. Angel_of_Sith

Angel_of_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2002
    How about having a quote feature? You'd have a button at the end of each post, and when clicked, it'd take you to the reply page, but it'd have that post's contents in quote tags. It wouldn't be hard to do, at least, I don't think it would be, but then you could see who said what and migh make threads easier to read.

4. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Quote would be nice.

But seriously, do we actually need more javascript and complicated CSS in the pages? I thank the lord I don't have to try browsing these pages on a 56K, or even in IE anymore.

¤Night

5. Angel_of_Sith

Angel_of_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2002
    This will probably sound dumb, but why not have two options, one for those with slo connections, and one for those with fast connections. Each option would do the same thing, but the option for people with fast connections would have the 'quote' feature and stuff, where as the slower user option wouldn't. All the tags would work, but there'd be less script to slow things down.

6. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I've always been of the mind that featuresa added should be able to be turned off or on. The thing is, the likelihood of ZS implementing something like this is so slim, it's not really an issue. As Raven said, there are so many more pressing matters.

Doing some scripting on our end to select between several customizable styles (laden and minimal) would be really neat, but also a large undertaking for a system this big. And it wouldn't involved zerosleep at all.

¤Night

7. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I fear the day when Stridarious would have an easier time using markups. ;)

8. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    On the old boards we had the move thread feature and quote feature, correct? Wasn't there a time where we had a link directly for translating?
    I'm glad we have more features then when I first arrived here but really if they were gone tomorrow I'd get over it. The ability to post mark up codes does not make a post any more intelligent then one without. Just sometimes its kinda a clever trick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.