main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

[TECH] Deletion/Pruning of PMs : What happened ?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DVader316, May 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I thought that all private messages over a year old were going to be pruned sometime ago. What ever happened with that ? Also, wasnt there talk of adding a delete feature to the private message ? I hope its done at some point, because a delete option would come in clutch.

2. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Basically, zerosleep has been working on other things. The beta version of the new PM system is done, and seemed to be working fairly smoothly, but for reasons not known to me it has yet to be implemented.

On the other hand, we've just got five new servers. Things should be zippier, and after zerosleep gets those up and going completely hopefully he'll get back to finishing off the PM system.

3. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Cool. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

4. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    On the other hand, we've just got five new servers. Things should be zippier,

Don't know if he's fully finished carrying the JC across, but it has made a noticeable difference over at IGN.

5. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    I can't wait to see the boards that fast.

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    we've just got five new servers

And how many servers are running in total at the moment?

7. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Considering that the boards were being run off of 8 servers previously, it could be anywhere in between just the 5 new ones, all the way up to a mix of 13 old and new servers.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So with the new servers and all, does that mean PMs are still going to be pruned?

9. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Two separate things entirely.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So the servers aren't for database storage, but rather, load handling? Gotcha. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.