[Tech] Did they renumber the posts/page?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by LadyPadme, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. LadyPadme Manager Emeritus

star 5

Once upon a time when I first joined TFN, when you started a thread, the first post was 0 and then when you reached 24 replies you ended page one. Page two started at 25-49 and so on. Then a while back it was changed so that the first page had the original post and then 25 replies and then page two started at 26-50. Now we're back to the original system. What's going on?
  2. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I don't know. Have you changed any of your page number settings?
  3. lazykbys_left Jedi Master

star 4
    I think this happened around the same time we got the new post interface thingy.

- lazy
  4. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
  5. Jesina_Dreis Jedi Master

star 4
    One night, when I was bored, I counted to see how many posts were on the first page in a thread. I was confused because something would show 25 replies and still be on page 1, when with the replies that would make 26 posts on that page. That's what they used to do, have the first post, then 25 replies on a page, so 26 on the first. Now, though, I believe there's only 25 on the first page.

If that made sense...
  6. BaronFel88 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    ThrawnRocks posted on 6/16/05 5:14pm

/>

Same here. />/>
  7. jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus

star 8
    The topics themselves do seem to have changed back to the old style, but the actually board view pages do not reflect the change.
  8. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Although it gets a bit annoying when you click on page 6 and it takes you to page 5 . . .

Dana
  9. DarthUncle Force Ghost

star 5
    Ah, so this is why I sometimes get a "post not found" or something page when clicking on the last page of a thread? I thought it was something like the phantom page (um, actually on thinking about it, is that phantom then maybe really the same, where the page is so close to "full" that a next page is "allocated" already due to different counting taking place. It is a off by one (or a few) accounting error ...)

*will sleep much better, now it all makes sence to him* The beaty of a curious mind ;)
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.