main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Tech/Posting] Daylight Savings: Being unable to post and positioning mix-ups

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Dingo, Oct 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Since it comes up every year I thought I'd go proactive for once to pre-empt the inevitible thread/posts about it.

When the server clock kicks back an hour this evening (at 3am board time it will jump back to 2am) if you have posted at all during the period of 2am-3am you will be unable to post again until after the last time you posted during that period. It will also affect VIPs now, but I don't know if any of the changes to the flood control code will mean it hits mods also.

As well as this, any post that a person makes after the time-change will slot into the thread whereever the time-stamp makes it. Meaning that some threads will have newer posts before older ones during that time period because the threads are sorted on the submitted time-stamp which gets kicked back also.

2. Kavic_Toth

Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 9, 2002
    Thanks for the advance info, Dingo! Somehow, I've managed to miss these previously.

Now my curiousity is piqued. I may have to stay up just to see it. :p

3. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Damn, I wish I would have seen this earlier before I went to the tech error thread. I have that bookmarked.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, I might just go eat brunch at that point...
    edit - guess this has already happened since the boards are the usual 8 hours behind UK time. As C3PO would say - I'm so confused!

5. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    So what happened? Was their chaos as mods were unable to post and only edit? I visited the JC today and remeber this happened.

¤Night

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I had no problems as I came on after it was done. One user posted over in the tech thread with issues. I did see some of the out-of-order posts though - it was kinda funny having users responding to posts that appeared below theirs in the ordering.

7. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Yeah, it must've been crazy in here.

I didn't experience any problems since I was sleeping at 2:00 AM EST. :p

8. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004

*head explodes*

~Hurley~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.