main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TECH] Signature limit question

Discussion in 'Communications' started by joehahn000, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Ok if you are a member of Proboards you will see they have a counter that tells how many character (spaces and letters) that you have left. Why can't we have that hear because I sometimes make a sig that is too big and post something and log off then after a while will log back on and see my sig all messed up because I put too many letters in it. I think it would help this board and lower stress of users afaraid of too long signitures.

/,,/
    Rock on!

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Because it'd require zerosleep to update the code, and there are more important things that he should fix or add first.

"I think it would help this board and lower stress of users afaraid of too long signitures."

Are there really people running around, screaming "OMG I AM SO STRESSED OUT BECAUSE I'M AFRAID OF HAVING A SIGNATURE THAT IS TOO LONG OMG ARRRGHHH!1!!11!!1!"?

3. Darth-Bradius

Darth-Bradius Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2004
    i dont see it as a major issue though

but i have also had sig. cut in half, wailst annoying is easily recitfied

4. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    Are there really people running around, screaming "OMG I AM SO STRESSED OUT BECAUSE I'M AFRAID OF HAVING A SIGNATURE THAT IS TOO LONG OMG ARRRGHHH!1!!11!!1!"?

No but for that minuite after you change you sig you might worry a bit about you sig being to long. And I am not saying that it is or should be the #1 priority but I think this would help.

/,,/
    Rock on!

5. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    If you're that worried, you could always copy it into Word, and do a word count, which would also tell you how many characters you have used.

6. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Listen to Jeff. It's what I've been doing lately, and haven't been having problems.

7. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I just submit my signature and then go and check it on a recent post. it's either all there and it's fine, or it's not, and I fix it.

Or use WORD, that is a good plan.

8. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    But doing all that work is alot harder then just haveing a small counter at the bottom.

/,,/
    Rock on!

9. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    I wish the JC would read my mind and post what I want. It'd be a whole lot easier than this whole "typing" thing.

10. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    I wish the JC would read my mind and post what I want.

I'm sure it's in the works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.