main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[tech] Slow.........

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Wes_Janson, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    still having this problem off and on. the betaboard site is doing the same thing. :(

sg

2. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    It is working fine for me. However, it wasn't earlier.

3. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    It has been painfuly slow all day. I'm on dial-up and it's taking up to ten minutes for the boards to load. [face_plain]

P-F

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    It's getting really slow. When I hit a link, I have to pres "Stop" for it to load...

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    There isn't a whole lot of improvement this morning. Boards and threads are still taking a long time to load, but it comes and goes. If no one has brought this up in Mod Squad yet I will.

6. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Yeah, I'm having a lot of problems with it not loading everything or taking forever lately.

7. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    yes, tech slow
    you right
    Senny mad

bad board, bad

and, as usual, I blame IGN

8. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    The boards appear to be running normal speed for me today. :)

9. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Sluggish at times for me today. Between 9:00 AM EST to 1:00 PM EST TheForce.net loads slow for me. I would obviously assume it was my own computer, but many other people have reported the same exact thing happening. The banner loads, but the rest of the page material comes up 30 Seconds later.

Perhaps it is the browser.

10. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Same problem here, on and off.

11. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    The boards were being extremely slow yesterday...it took almost two minutes to access each page. I thought it was just me, but a friend told me this morning that she's still having trouble.

12. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    In Mozilla it takes a while for each row of the table to come down on my home computer, at work this T1 is lightening fast...

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Why was it being so slow this morning? For almost an hour, all the boards would load was the banner, and nothing else.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's been slow for me also today. It seems to be fine for some people and others seem to be having problems. I find I see the slowness when going to the last page of a multi-page thread. Displaying the list of boards or the list of threads on a board isn't too bad.

15. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I've seen problems with the last page of a long topic as well. Doesn't happen consistently enough to nail down how many pages before things start to slow down but there have been significant lags at times.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I am seeing the problem on fairly short threads. My display is set at 35 posts per page and I am seeing the lag on threads with as little as 9 or 10 pages. So far the worst thread is the Collecting Tapcafe which is on around page 54 at the moment. I am glad to see it isn't just me.

Edit - just had a 3-page thread hang in Collecting. I think it is time to call it a night.

17. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Ultra-mega-super-slow this evening.

18. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    I'm at my college and we have a super fast connection yet I'm still getting slow load times on a lot of the pages. I was hoping it would improve with a better connection speed but I guess not. :)

19. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    One of the main problems I'm noticing is the load time for some icons.

20. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    For me it's the entire page. It just takes a long time to start but once it begins to load it move pretty smoothly. Just takes a long time to get started.

21. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Gah it's awful tonight. Seems to be the main page and the main forum page that is the worst. It just starts and then takes forever and I've got cable.

22. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Ugh. Nothing loads properly except the banner. The rest takes a long time and is a funny color... anyone have any idea what the problem might be? I'm not on dial-up.

23. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Another thing I've noticed is that the SciFi-3D forum loads very slow regardless of my connection. I can't figure out what's causing it though...

24. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    ^I've bene getting that,plus slow response times from a few forums (Collecting,Celebration 3,etc). It seems to be fine right now,but it keeps happening off and on.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've been off and on for about the last hour and things seem back to normal speed. (Of course, it was fine for me yesterday morning also. It was awful during my afternoon/evening).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.