[TECH] Spaces in Usernames

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Master-Fett, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    I think the coolest people have no dashes no underscores... and no spaces.

Damn straight.
  2. zacparis VIP

star 7
    I think the coolest people have no dashes no underscores... and no spaces. hurrah!

Yes.
  3. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I agree. And capital letters at the start of their name. ;)
  4. BaronFel88 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I still qualify!

:p

But do I lose points for an EU name?
  5. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think the coolest people have no dashes no underscores... and no spaces. hurrah!

Hell yeah! :cool:
  6. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    I agree with the red guardsman...
  7. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    droideka is correct...
    "I think the coolest people have no dashes no underscores... and no spaces. hurrah!"

Real power is knowing that you had the power to put a space in your name and instead chose not to rely on such gimmicks. 8-}

Besides, everyone knows the most respectable names are not those with dashes, underscores or spaces, but are those with numbers in them.
  8. Coruscant Force Ghost

star 6
    I think the coolest people have no dashes no underscores... and no spaces.

Amen to that. *pats username* I remember when it was "underscored"... oh yes, I do.
  9. zacparis VIP

star 7
    I remember when it was "underscored"... oh yes, I do.

Don't we all. :p
  10. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Besides, everyone knows the most respectable names are not those with dashes, underscores or spaces, but are those with numbers in them.

I can get behind that as well.
  11. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
  12. gabe Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    My g looks like a 9. [face_blush]
  13. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    I could have had a space, but it was taken (though I have NEVER seen anyone with the UN "Wild Karrde" post in the last 5 years. B@stard.)
  14. Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That would make sense, considering they have 0 posts listed.
  15. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    The administration's policy is that if a user finds an old username and they wish to reregister it, they can do so. There was a short time when this issue came about quite a while ago and a few mods started giving these older usernames away by request. Although, that was quickly stopped.

Sorry man.
  16. Obi-Zahn Kenobi Chosen One

star 7
    //flexes '99 reg date, dash, and space
  17. comet1440 Force Ghost

star 4
    The administration's policy is that if a user finds an old username and they wish to reregister it, they can do so. There was a short time when this issue came about quite a while ago and a few mods started giving these older usernames away by request. Although, that was quickly stopped.

A few months ago Kate gave me an old name with a space and a 99 reg date, and I would still have it but people were jealous and they complained too much.
  18. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Yes, you were given that name before a policy was formed by the administration. People weren't "jealous", and this isn't the 3rd Grade. The thing was that you brought it out in people's faces, right here in Comms, when you could have just taken the spoils and shut your mouth. Then you would have been able to keep it like a few others I know of that managed to stiff an older username.

Not being specific, your incident lines out a pattern.
  19. comet1440 Force Ghost

star 4
    Then you would have been able to keep it like a few others I know of that managed to stiff an older username.

If thats the case then I demand a new (old) name or I demand that the names these people so called "stiffed" be promptly deleted.

20. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I really don't think anyone cares. There are more dominant issues at hand. After the policy was made, the administration took away all older usernames given to users that publicly told about their stash.

You were inviting it when your username was taken away. If I remember correctly, you had a mini-conversation with yourself in this actual discussion thread on the issue with your sock and now you're complaining? Give me a break. Give all of us a break.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.