[TECH] The auto-censor

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Dark Lady Mara, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
  2. FamousAmos VIP

star 6
    I agree with darththunderbird, but that should be done with all of the words on that list, to prevent words that are perfectly acceptable from being censored.

Hahaha, she means ****pit. I can say it cause the filter doesn't apply to mods.

Okay, question: why shouldn't it apply to the mods? Mods aren't allowed to be profane either, and while I doubt any of them would abuse it, why take the risk? I just don't see any real reason why the filter shouldn't apply to everyone :)
  3. Im_just_guessing Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Does This have anything to do with the auto-censor?
  4. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    Ok in one of my post I posted it auto-censored like every word. Know here is the odd thing not one of the words was a bad word. So what gives here?
  5. FamousAmos VIP

star 6
    It appears that the censor is having some problems
  6. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
  7. Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master

star 6

will posts revert to their intended state after this glitch is fixed? or will all those poor souls working on huge posts in the Senate have to start over? :p
  8. Im_just_guessing Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    ****I**** ****t****h****i****n****k**** ****e****v****e****r****y****t****h****i****n****g****s**** ****w****o****r****k****i****n****g**** ****a****g****a****i****n****.****.****.****I**** ****j****u****s****t**** ****n****o****t****i****c****e****d**** ****t****h****a****t**** ****t****h****e**** ****b****o****a****r****d****s**** ****w****e****n****t**** ****f****a****s****t****e****r****.****.****.****a****l****o****t**** ****f****a****s****t****e****r****.****.****.****m****a****y****b****e**** ****w****e****'****r****e**** ****s****a****v****e****d****!****

Nope, definately not.
  9. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    Then why was your post stared out?
  10. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    From zerosleep

The update was rolled back while I look into the profanity filter problems.

~H~
  11. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    That's good so it's fixed for know and we don't have to worry about the auto-censor kicking in? Or will it keep happening?
  12. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    All I can say to the above is wow. :p
  13. Myri_Antilles Jedi Master

star 4
    I was wondering why, when I edited a post, it had four asteriks before each letter, space, or symbol... Does it only happen if we edit posts?
  14. Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Why the hell does the JC need a profanity filter anyways? Isn't it an optional feature? We've managed just fine without anything of the sort for the last 6/7 years.
  15. FamousAmos VIP

star 6
    Jurist: Thanks for the update, glad to hear zerosleep has it under control :)

Myri: Nope, it was happening to me even if I didn't edit a post :)
  16. Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master

star 6

Myri_Antilles, i was having the opposite happen: my initial posts would be "censored" - but my edits would not - they would appear without asterisks.
  17. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    The profanity filter works everytime you hit edit or submit. If you took an old post with profanity and hit edit, it'd star things out.
  18. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    Ok well I'm off for the night. Maybe tomorrow everything will be working grat. The auto-censor will be working fine and more odd things going on. :)
  19. FamousAmos VIP

star 6
  20. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    Well I went to post something and it went to a blank white page. [face_plain]
  21. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    This autophilter seems to be the first step toward M.O.D.B.O.T.

We really should stop complaing about the fact everytime it breaks down it tries to kill people and rejoice in the future unfolding before our very eyes!

Anyways.

Has it been turned off completely now?
  22. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Looks like it to me... I just made a test post with a sock and everything went through. :(
  23. milney Force Ghost

star 5
    It's caused some havoc in my Local FF. Sveral posts are full of stars (they didn't have any profanity in them)
  24. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well, if you believe Moby, we are all made of stars.
  25. Dingo Force Ghost

star 5
    does anybody know why IGN always orders unnecessary useless stuff,

Actually, this is something that is really needed over at the IGN forums. You'd be surprised at the number of people over there that are not able to show some forms of self restraint.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.