main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TECH] Tips for converting to word processors to IGN codes

Discussion in 'Communications' started by FlareStorm, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    So say you make some huge post, like an index, using markup codes and colors. Does anyone have any tips on how to do it effectively?

Most word processers can handle html codes, but IGN uses [ instead of <, and it makes it tedious just to do a quick copy/paste. Word supports add-ons so well, I'm surprised there isn't one for IGN boards.

Any tips/tricks/templates for Office to IGN? Or any other HTML to IGN?

2. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Not sure what you are driving it.

You can 'preview' a post before making it to look for errors, or alternative PM your post to yourself (making sure to copy the post first ;) ).

If you do copy/paste things into Word you could 'search/replace' [ with < (and vice versa when you are done].

The Firefox plug-in is handy for creating impressive posts.

Sorry if that's not what you are looking for - clarify if it's not :)

3. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Yeah, malkie's suggestion works for HTML -> IGN.

For going from a word processor, I usually just add in the codes as I go. Yes, you can't check if they absolutely work, but then you can preview the post and check to make sure you haven't missed one.

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    malkieD2 posted on 5/10/05 4:24am
    Not sure what you are driving it.

You can 'preview' a post before making it to look for errors, or alternative PM your post to yourself (making sure to copy the post first [face_wink] ).

If you do copy/paste things into Word you could 'search/replace' [ with < (and vice versa when you are done].

The Firefox plug-in is handy for creating impressive posts.

Sorry if that's not what you are looking for - clarify if it's not [face_happy]
    [hr][/blockquote]

I have Firefox, but I have to hit post twice now. [face_confused] Is there an update I should have?'

I get this:

[color=#ff0000][b]Error: [/b][/color][i]Automatic posts from off-site or off-line sources are no longer allowed (plug-ins, etc). Hit the submit button again to actually send the POST.[/i]

5. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    click on 'Tools' then 'xtensions' then highlight 'IBGBQ' and hit 'update' ;)

problem fixed :)

6. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Thanks! We'll see if this works!

7. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    There's a word trick for bold/underline/italics. Simply bold/underline/italicize the word in text and then go to find-replace. Put ctrl-i into the find field and then <i>^&</i> into replace. Should work for BB code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.