main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

technical display effects and the dvd release

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Gothic_Yoda, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gothic_Yoda

Gothic_Yoda Jedi Master star 2

Aug 29, 2003
    If you notice onboard all of the prequal ships, aswell as technical readouts such as the 3-d battle map seen in AOTC, the special effects are far superior to that of the OT. Ofcourse we all know the reason for this is lack of technology in the 70's/early 80's.

I was watching ANH the other day and when the technical readout of the Death Star was shown on Yavin it looked very simplistic and, well...sort of silly. Same thing goes for the targeting computers on the Falcon and the X-Wings.

My question is, do you think Lucas will go to the trouble of upgrading the look of the technical displays for continuity purposes or will he leave it the same. OR should he even bother with it at all? some may say that the special effects are quaint and should not be altered any more than they already have.

what is your position?

[as a sideline if i were to do this i would also take the digital jabba from TPM and insert him in ANH, AND take the digital yoda and place him over the one in TPM]

EV Edit: Redirecting to AE/SE thread.

2. plutoneam

plutoneam Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    He won't, and he shouldn't.
    I do not want to see any sort of Ultimate Edition. I don't think the Special Edition should have been made at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.