main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Technology Advancement in the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Episode Swag, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    I know most of you know me as your average PT hater, but I do like the double blade sith lightsaber. I remember watching the trailer back in '98 and being blown away and saying "OF COURSE!".

If the sith do come back, I wouldn't mind it. BUT IT HAS TO BE RED, DAMN IT!

Nenim Chela likes this.
  2. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yes, definitely. seeing more db lightsabers would be cool, but Jedi could also use them, mix it up!

(BTW-- I think all Sith lightsabers are red.)

3. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    I thought maybe EU had changed that a bit, the other day I heard about a black lightsaber which must look as dumb as it sounds.

4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm not an expert on EU so I can't confirm or deny it, but I agree sounds dumb and don't want to see it.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  5. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    I'm sorry but curiosity got the best of me. It DOES look as dumb as it sounds.
    [​IMG]

6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    The Sith use synthetic crystals, which apparently only come in red. They are also supposed to be "slightly more powerful" - whatever that means when speaking of a laser blade that can already cut through 95% of stuff in the universe. The Jedi use natural crystals, that is they rummage through caves on a few worlds and find their own special little crystal - and that's why they're multicolored. That's more or less it, from what I recall.
    I like the Sith to only use red, but it would be refreshing to see some more colors for Jedi blades. Just green and blue is kinda boring.

7. Ganger

Dec 9, 1999
    I'm ok with the classic colors, I don't mind the "lack of variety" in this specific subject. Lightsabers are the coolest thing ever just the way they are, colors are completely accessory to me . . . except for the red sith. Never knew it was that broken down, but of course it was.

8. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    that's not a lightsaber, it's a blade made of an extra-rare metal Lightsabers can't cut. Why is it glowing? I don't know. Point being, it's a weapon for a Mandalorian, not a Jedi or Sith. And Vibro-blades (just metal blades that vibrate at a speed that gives them more cutting power) have been such an integral part of the EU for so long i forgot they were EU. This is basically just one of those but a special material.

9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Dra---, Immortiss and Circular Logic like this.
  10. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    Oh yea, I forgot he has a line in that episode that mentions his ancestors stole it from the Jedi. I just assumed it was Mandalorian Iron or Cortosis (i know Cortosis fizzles out sabers but Clone Wars changes a lot of borrowed things). Did they really have to make it something else? It just raises more questions than necessary, like did all old lightsabers look like they weren't just light? That looks more advanced really, so what happened?
    Anyway, back on topic. Although i'm with you Hellhammer in seeing mostly new stuff, i feel like having mostly the three main colors would be best, it's just distracting otherwise.

There's an EU explanation for the two different Jedi colors, with the original Jedi being split into two groups; a sect devoted to study of the force and peaceful diplomacy, who wore light-sabers ceremonially and rarely used them, and a sect that believed in using the force to right wrongs, who would travel the galaxy fighting evil-doers and such. They weren't enemies or anything, just different paths. A green blade was worn by the pacifistic, studious Jedi, and the Blue by the wandering warrior-monks. Eventually both paths bled together into the whole that is the Jedi we see in the films, the blade colors having lost their meaning. I like this idea, but i don't think it really has any effect on the films, like Luke is definitely a warrior, if an abnormally merciful one.

Immortiss and The Hellhammer like this.
  11. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    While I never really liked the idea of the Darksaber, the TCW made it look absolutely cool. The pic above is amazing.

Dra--- likes this.
  12. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    What about the purple blade?

13. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    What? When did he ever say that?

Nonsense. Vader is not some poor mine slave. Buying a new body would be a piece of cake for him.

Palpatine on screen treated him fairly amicably and respectfully as well (until the inevitable betrayal in ROTJ), the only way you can treat a beast/monster like Vader. A Sith Lord is not a house pet.

14. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The black blade is the best blade in SW. It's got this great pulpy aspect, and sort of bridges the gap between old tech and newer. Plus, it's black.

And it was a creative solution to make it glow white so as to make it more visible. Anyone know who designed it? They get a ribbon.

15. Darth_Panicius

Darth_Panicius Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 7, 2013
    What about the other colours. Off the top of my head, we have seen Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, and Purple (also the white saber Vader had after killing Obi Wan in E4 lol). What other colours do you want?

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope baldness is cured.

Nenim Chela, Dra--- and Sith-Mullet like this.
  17. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    New tech is a must.

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Technology has advanced so much that Threepio is now a real live boy!

Nenim Chela and Darth_Pevra like this.
  19. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    I think the toilets on the Falcon will be equipped with a methane recovery unit, giving the ship that extra push on the jump to light speed.

Nenim Chela and StoneRiver like this.
  20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Oh yes we must see toilets in SW. That is an absolute necessity.

21. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    What we need is sustainability. So a suit that recycles one's waste into a tasty snack.

22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Kinda like the suits from Dune where they drink their own urine? Because it's sterile and they like the taste!

Dra--- and Nenim Chela like this.
  23. Nenim Chela

Nenim Chela Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2013

Like the stilsuits in "Dune"? [face_waiting]

[face_idea] : I think it'll be a good twist in the new ones if it turns out that the New Republic has decided to keep developing the vast technological military apparatus that the Empire was still in the process of building--e.g., more advanced clones, blasters, war craft, etc., thus prompting this rumored "Rise of The Jedi". No more Death Stars, though.

24. Nenim Chela

Nenim Chela Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2013

Dang, you beat me to the punch.

Dra--- likes this.
  25. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    It's not a toilet, it's a 'fresher. Learn the lingo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.