main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tee shirt designs...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Sep 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Got it, thanks.

2. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    this is what I was thinking:

[image=http://hpotter.net/swpics/darthjar.jpg]

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    It looks neat, but the lettering is a bit confusing to read. Makes my eyes go wonky.

4. Micah333

Micah333 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    As I said in the buy one thread: I do not like the whole Darth Jar idea. I would MUCH prefer a picture of the Rocky Mountains or a map of Colorado.

5. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    That's because you don't understand the whole Darth Jar phenomenon, being a newbie. He is our signature, he even made the papers w/ his get-up. And, as I said in the other thread, we are the home of the Original Darth-Jar.

6. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    The map of Colorado is a square :(

I'm not married to the Darth-Jar idea, but I would really like a Star Wars image recognizable by the general public on the front.

7. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Michael's point is valid. Even if people don't like JAr Jar, they recognize him, and by including the Darth Jar under it, makes the point for those who get it, and for those who don't they recognize it's Star Wars.
    But I'll stop beating a dead horse now. Does anyone else besides me & Micah have an opinion on it?

8. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    YES! Put Darth Jar in color on the front within a Colorado state map and RMFF underneath it all. Nuff said.

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    LOL!

And as far as my opinion goes... I am lending my art work for this tee shirt. So please don't mutilate it too bad :)

I sat there for an hour drawing it, inking it, and I even have a colored version (which sucks so far, but I'm going to start with colored pencil soon...).

I drew it because I was going to use it for the IO page. It symbolized the spirit of the RMFF costumers I think. :)

10. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    sorry timbo, black and white only...otherwise it starts getting pricey

11. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    For an RMFF color tee, price matters not to me!

12. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Actually I did play around with colors, if we use a different color on the front than from the back it still counts as 1 color. It's if we mix 2 colors on 1 side the price starts going up.

As far as price matters not, the price per shirt is based on how many we order, I won't make the decision for others to commit them to more than $13/shirt, I think that's what people are comfortable with.

But you can go on the site using the link I posted at the beginning, you can take that design and as long you get a minimum of 6 you can do it however you want, use multiple colors, heck put it on a sweatshirt or fleece vest for around 35 a piece with a minimum of 6. There are unlimited options with this place :)

I tried Kit's idea in both white and red, I feel good about how I think white will look on the actual shirts, i'm not so sure about the red, it would be really hard to tell until we actually received the shirts and I don't really want to pay to find out.

[image=http://www.rmff.net/costumes/pics/kitrequest.jpg]

13. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    price might not matter to you, but it does to some people

and I stand by the white on black. I think it looks much better.

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    White and black definetly.

And why don't we buy a bulk number of shirts, so that we can sell them later to new members. That way we get a good price now, and when we have to order them individually for new members it won't be so pricey.

We could sell them at cons and other things (and we don't have to charge what we paid... if you catch my drift. That way the person who bought the extras can make what they lost back and then some... kinda an added incentive.)

15. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    How many extra are you suggesting?

16. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    If we DO get extras, I don't think we should get very many for the time being. If we sell them at cons and stuff, we can just order however many we think we will need right before the con.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.