main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non Star Wars Teen Titans costuming group!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by BellaSabrina, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Iycis and I are attempting to have a Teen Titans group for D*C 2005. So far, we already have a Raven & Robin (Iycis as Raven, me as Robin). We need:

Starfire
    Cyborg
    Beast Boy

If anyone is interested in joining us, please PM me!

2. Fox609

Fox609 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 5, 1999
    I don't live in that area, but I love that show! I assume you're basing the costumes off the show, right? I'd love to see some pics when ya get 'em.

3. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Yes, we are. You don't have to live near us (I live in NJ, she lives in Philly) to join the group. If you are going to Dragon*Con 2005 and want to do a Teen Titans costume, we need you!

4. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I've been wanting to do Starfire for a while now! I'd be more than willing if you need one :)

5. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Kellilla, we do need one!! So we can now scratch that off the list!

Robin: BellaSabrina
    Raven: Iycis
    Starfire: Kellilla

WHOO! Off to a good start!

6. McLean

McLean Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2004
    well, if i werent 6ft tall, and going to D*C 05 i would do a beast boy

but, alas, im not going to my knowledge

7. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I just want to take a moment to say I'm making the boots for a friend's Starfire costume and I have now gone insane. Thank you and goodnight.

8. cal196

cal196 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2004
    Hmm, well I'm hoping to bring a Keaten style batman costume to the con next year. I dont have any of it yet but plan to spent all my income tax money on it lol, maybe we can do some pictues with batman and robin for old time sake.

9. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    That'd be cool, Cal!

10. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Cyborg is going to be a tough one, but I hope someone will step up to the plate. I know there's plenty of talented folks on these boards and hopefully someone will be up to the challenge. :D

-Natasha (Raven)

11. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    OO Teen Titans.:)

I've benn wanting to do their costumes for a while.

Since Raven and Star fire are taken, I can't do them in a group.

I'm a female but I can do Beastboy since I'm only 5' tall and I can easily disguse the equipment. ;-)
    Whadda' ya' think?

Mynn

12. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Well BellaSabrina is female and she's doing Robin, so I don't think gender is a big issue here as long as the costumes are well made we should be able to pull this off easily enough.

13. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Sounds cool to me, sign me up. :)

14. cal196

cal196 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2004
    With everyone being so short you wont need tht big of a cyborg a 6 foot man would look huge.

The touchy issue is or not to look souly a man with dark skin to play this part.

15. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    Well BellaSabrina is female and she's doing Robin, so I don't think gender is a big issue here as long as the costumes are well made we should be able to pull this off easily enough.

sounds like the whole group could be girls... that'd be interesting. Cyborg as a girl, hmm...

16. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    If you go the comics version of the Teen Titans route there is also Wondergirl for female costumers

Here are the comics version of the Titans

[image=http://www.titanstower.com/assets/recroom/posters/teentitansturner.jpg]

There is also Superboy and kid flash who are not on the cartoon, with the titans in the comics. Superboy I might add would be the worlds easiest Costume to make.

here is a picture of superboy with superman.

[image=http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/solicitation-artwork/December-2004/ActionComics822.jpg]

and robin can be a girl

[image=http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/solicitation-artwork/July-2004/TeenTitans13.jpg]

Also Nightwing would be a valid part of a Teen Titan group as well if you have more folks that want to be in on it. The toon Robin is Dick Grayson but current comics the current Robin is Tim Drake and Dick is now Nightwing.

The Girl Robin is Stephanie.. Tim's Girl Friend. (she was recently fired from being Robin and Tim just came back. ITs a current running story and who knows where they are going with it.)

17. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Where is speedy, and Superboy and Wondergirl and Impulse??? There are so many great characters being ignored.

18. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    The toon Robin is Dick Grayson...

I thought the cartoon Robin was Tim Drake? I know I've seen an episode of Batman where Robin teams up with Nightwing before.

19. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Well considering the characters are all still pretty young i am willing to bet that the animated Teen Titans series is of a different timeline then the rest of the other animated series. And given their age my bet is that its Grayson.

20. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    The Robin on Teen Titans is Tim Drake.

21. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    Interesting then that Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire and Cyborg, who are all much older then Drake are all the same age as him in the animated series.

22. Fox609

Fox609 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 5, 1999
    Actually there's been heavy evidence to suggest that it's Grayson, but I don't want to start that argument here.

23. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I did a search and found this comic site that had a bio of the Teen Titans and their many incarnations throughout the series. The Robin in Teen Titans is in fact Dick Grayson.

24. McLean

McLean Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2004
    here is a group that did a teen titan costume theme

[image=http://www.divideby0.com/photos/2003/LosCon/pics/IMG_0548.JPG]

its not a full group but it still looks pretty good

25. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    If we could get a girl to do Cyborg, that would ROCK! So we now have our Starfire and Beastboy. We're all set, we just need our Cyborg!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.