main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non Star Wars Teen Titans costuming group!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by BellaSabrina, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Awesome!! I'm nowhere near done with Robin, but it'll be done by D*C.

2. Alhon

Alhon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2005
    Found something ya might like. Hope it helps!
    Webshots page

If this doesn't work, go to Webshots.com, and type in Teen Titans. There are photos af a group that did the team without Cyborg, but with Terra.

PS. It is Dick Grayson. In the Larry episode, his true name is Grayson Backwards, and in Haunted, the Slade Mask episode, when Rae enters Robin's mind, she sees his parents falling to their deaths in the circus tent.

3. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I've started buying materials for my Starfire - I hope to have it done in July so I can wear it to Comic Con too! I found some great material for it, now to find a wig..

4. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    Wig? Nah... Go with a temp dye!

Looks MUCH better ;-)

5. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Temporary dye is not always that "temporary". I would go with the wig. That way you don't have to worry about discolored hair for your other costumes that weekend.

6. kellilla

Sep 4, 2002
    Indeed! I'd never dye my hair for a costume. Besides that, I'm a wig-o-phile... that's why I have 30+ for various costumes, lol.

7. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    I'm thinking of throwing together a thrift-store Terra for Comic-Con. Maybe we can hang out again, Kell!

8. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    My move to another town is complete, now I can work on the costunmes. Anyone have ideas of what they think Beast Boy's costume is made of?

9. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I got bad news, guys. :( I can't make it to D*C because of my new job. So, Robin is now open :( :( :(

10. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Anyone have ideas of what they think Beast Boy's costume is made of?

My lack of costume-making experience aside, Beast Boy just wears a bodysuit with a utility belt, so something like a lycra material (i think that what it's called) should do... wouldn't it? He also wears gloves and boots that match the belt in color.

The bodysuit is black with a wide vertical stripe down the middle, the stripe is a light purple color. The utility belt is silver (or aluminum) in color with a round buckle and a pair of cylinders on each side, which look kinda like Jedi food pellet dispensers. The gloves look like welding gloves, something with a cuff at the end.

11. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    HUmm. Lycra. <Rubs chin> I bet I can probbaly make it out of the "CoolMax" material. it doesn't shine like spandex types of material. it'll also aid in keeping me cool and comfortable.:-D I just need some REAL good shots fo Beastboy. Full length front, side and back shots, even some close ups of hsi clothing, head(ears.) I'll dig around but if anyone stumbles across these, can you point me to them please?

Finding the items for his looks shouldn't be too bad. A human haired wing dyed green. , a theatrical make-up that's airbrushed on the skin witha fixident in it, His fangs, no biggie, there's a fangssmith at Dragon Con a lot:-D I've a pair of pointy ears by the Woochie company but am unsure if these are good or not. I kinda prefer the Lord Of The Rings type of ears because they blend far better .

12. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    Woochie is not so bad if you use theatrical scar tissue wax to blend the latex to your ear. That requires a fairly stead hand though.

13. JainaMSolo

Jan 19, 2001
    Beast Boy! Beast Boy! Beast Boy! Beast Boy!

Whoops. There's Comic-Con sneaking in on me again. ;-) I think it might be fun to do a TT costume that *isn't* Lycra, although I'm not sure what I *would* use instead...

14. Jinyo

Jinyo Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2004
    I'm thinking about doing Slade from the cartoon, for Comic-Con, and maybe Anime Expo. Though at the moment, it's still just a thought.

On the subject of whether Robin is Dick Grayson, well, enough evidence has been revealed on the show that he is Dick Grayson in name, at least.

According to Glen Murakami, however, he is also Tim Drake. From a post by Glen Murakami on AnimationInsider.net forums:

Robin in Teen Titans was originally meant to be Tim Drake becuase it would all make sense. Many of you have brought up that in Static Shock, there has been a conversation between Batman and Static and Batman tells Static that Robin is a Titan now. At that time, Robin was Tim Drake.

Later, when production began, we wanted to add some romance in the show too. Not too much because the show was rated Y7, but we felt that we had too add some relationship between Robin and Starfire. After looking into Titan history, we found that Dick Grayson had a relationship with Starfire a.k.a. Kory in the comics. So, we decided to change Robin from Tim to Dick.

But, we didn't want to keep Robin Dick for some reasons:
    Dick's fighting style was 'acrobatic', nothing like what we had in mind for Robin in Teen Titans.
    Dick's personality was nothing like the Robin we wanted in Teen Titans.
    The show would mess up the timeline with Batman: The Animated Series and Static Shock, as well as many other shows.
    We realized that if we wanted a relationship with Robin and Starfire in the show, we would have to make Dick Grayson Robin. But we also realized that this would ruin our plans for what Robin would act like and his fighting style.

Finally, we came across a decision. We decided to take the best aspects from Tim Drake and Dick Grayson and form a whole new Robin. At first, this didn't sound like a good idea, but we later got into the idea very much.

Tim Drake's aspects for Robin in Teen Titans were:
    Tim's personality
    Tim's fighting style, that similar to Batman's.
    Tim's looks from Batman: The Animated Series.
    Dick Grayson's aspects for Robin in Teen Titans were:
    Dick's relationship with Starfire in the comics.
    Dick's costume from The Adventures of Batman and Robin.
    Dick's decision to turn into Nightwing in Batman: The Animated Series. (We knew we wanted to do an episode in which one of the Titans would travel into the future and meet the future Titans. Nightwing sounded like a good idea for a future Robin.)
    So, in conclusion, the Robin in Teen Titans turned out to be a combination of Tim and Dick. It's not just Tim, or its not just Dick.(Even thought some people seem to think it is.) It's both of them.

15. JainaMSolo

Jan 19, 2001
    And in the episode where Red X reappears and Beast Boy offers suggestions on who Red X *could* be, if it wasn't Robin, one of his possibilities is Jason Todd. :) Of course one of his possibiliites is also a hyperintelligent monkey, but still.

16. kellilla

Sep 4, 2002
    Caitlin - that would be awesome! Let me know if you do, we'll definitely have to meet up and hang out again!

BelleSabrina - sorry to hear that! :( good luck with your new job!

17. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Just a comic book fan stopping in here. First, let me give a big 'Boo-yah!" to all you folsk making costumes. :cool: Second, if there are still ladies looking to make a Titans costume and you want to be original, might I suggest you look to the newest member of the comic Titans, the newest incarnation of Speedy, Green Arrow's partner. Her real name is Mia (I'm blanking on the last name right now :p ) and here's a recent pic of her costume.

DC comics You can also check bac the previus two or three issues of Green Arrow and Teen Titans at your local comic shop. Hope it helps. :)

18. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Thanks Kelilla!

I was told that I cannot take a vacation over Labor Day weekend, and my boyfriend and I are trying to plan a vacation that doesn't entail a convention, so we're going to save our money (hopefully go to Paradise Island!!) and MAYBE next year we'll be back at D*C. I'm bummed that I had to back out of being Robin :(

*sigh*

19. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    The plans have changed.

You have your Robin back ;)

20. cal196

cal196 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2004
    You are going now? I was kinda bummed when you said you wherent because you where sort of the inspiration of My Batman, I have A.D.D. :D and jump from one thing to the next alot, and when I first read this thread I thought ahh Batman! Thats what I will do, but I already had alot of Boba Fett parts laying around that I was burned out on painting and assembling.

I got carried away though, and spent way to much on it. I revamped the Cowl, cape and chest armor already that I was going to take to D.C. and I did the same thing with boba, I have bought Boba Chest armor like 4 times, its annoying that I am never happy :(

Anyways here is my Batman almost done.

http://thedentedhelmet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6294&highlight=batman

21. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    Nice costume, Cal!

Yay Bella!! Now our group is back together again!

22. DarthCopper

DarthCopper Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005

You have to get some people to go as Deathstroke and Dr Light.

23. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Sweet costume Cal!

24. DarthCopper

DarthCopper Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005

The costume looks great. Love the belt the most. That can sometimes be the hardest part to Batman. Keep up the good work.

25. -red_nite-

-red_nite- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    i sooooo want picts of this.. i was actually just thinking about doing a star fire costume for acen... but dont have time since its friday.... *sniff*

but i hope you guys have fun!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.