main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by DebonaireNerd, Dec 10, 2015.

1. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Probably a little bit of that, too.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I knew the day would come when you disappointed me. That doesn't make me any less sad.

Jabbadabbado likes this.
  3. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Anything unique to the Fred Wolf series (Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady) was owned entirely by Fred Wolf Studios. Eastman and Laird had little input into that series and moving forward chose not to employ those elements in their works (Mirage Comics, the movies, the 4Kids 2003 series). I am not sure how it works now that Nickelodeon has sole franchise ownership (Fred Wolf still maintains rights to his series) but it seems that they are now allowed to use those elements in both the Nick animated series and the IDW licensed comics albeit with some heavy re-imagining. Eastman has continued to be involved creatively with the IDW series, while Laird maintains the rights to move forward his Mirage continuity if he chooses but under a limited number of issues per year (I am unclear who maintains ownership in that arrangement).

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  5. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The trailer for the first one made me sad but this one I might watch for free someday.

6. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I hope they do render another few layers onto Bebop and Rocksteady and make them more photorealistic. The versions that appeared in the trailer are so cartoonish that they look like they belong in a Flintstones movie instead.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

TryWhistlingThis likes this.
  7. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
  8. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

I liked Bee-bop and Rocksteady in the trailer until I heard them talk. Yes, they were completely dumb in the series too but the translation to live action needs a little more grit to it, especially since the modern take on TMNT is a little "tougher". The best moments in the trailer for those two characters was when they were human. They should have found a way to make them more a hybrid instead of an all out conversion.

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    That's why George Lucas was a visionary. He said there aren't any undergarments in space and had Princess Leia running around without a bra and panties.

10. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    The first reboot film had some decent moments in it, and I think this one will too. It's the rest of the film that concerns me. Tyler Perry as Baxter Stockman is probably a mistake, but i shall wait and see.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002
    The funny thing is...Krang has a kinda-sorta cameo in Secret of the Ooze.
    Watch the lab scene again, and you'll see a very large brainlike thing resting inside of a glass pyramid.
    http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee437/tonemastr21/gold.jpg]

Supposedly, they wanted Krang to be the Big Bad in TMNT3, and the ending of SotO would have revealed David Warner as being an android biomechanics suit.
    Unfortunately, they couldn't come to agreement with Fred Wolf Studios, the Krang reveal was scrapped completely, and TMNT3 became the much maligned time travel movie that COULD AND SHOULD have been awesome, but stank to the high heavens.

12. dookrubbins

dookrubbins Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2015
    gaw gimme the old ones over CGI overload any day.

TryWhistlingThis likes this.
  13. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002
    Watching the trailer again...and again....

And I really don't like how these guys look. The concept art did it better.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    This is untrue. They never had any intention of putting Krang in the movies. What is true however is the professor was intended to be an Utrom. The alien race from the comics that created the mutagen. This idea was dropped because they didn't want kids mistaking him for Krang.

So yes. They hated the original cartoon that much.

SithSense likes this.
  15. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002

Ah. Gotcha. I'd always believed it was supposed to be Krang.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The movie looks like it could be better than the last one, but still not good.
    It's nice they're trying to capture the look & feel of the old cartoon, but with a guy like Bay involved it will ultimately be ruined by tanks coming out of the water & terrible actresses being sexualised for no reason

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    If it has Megan Fox still in it, it'll still be crap.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I saw this trailer yesterday. Fox was the best thing in it.

19. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Despite being virtually the same trailer and having not been passionate about the turtles for a little while, this looks better than next year's Trek.