main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Teenage Writers Society

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    I've seen a 30+ thread and I've seen the age 20 thread.

We Teens need our thread too!!

This is for everyone between 13-19, those of us who were brought up on a diet of the OT and grew to love the chars and would quote the lines everyday.

And here we are the next generation of fans that will keep the spirit alive!!

Just a little get to know you thing here...

NAME: Arwen Jade Kenobi
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: age 5 (I ran away from Darth Vader!)
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: age 13
    FAV CHAR: Has always been Obi-Wan Kenobi, even when I was little.
    WHY?: I just loved him as a little kid because he reminded me of my Dad and my grandpas all in one shot. Now, I just love the different layers of his character (Which makes it so much fun to write about him)
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Not yet
    PT?: You bet!

Any other random facts are good as well!

2. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    I'll join.

NAME: Soulwalker (Greg)
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: 6/7 (OoOoOoO, pretty light-thingies!!!) ;)
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: 15
    FAV CHAR: Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
    WHY?: While my entire family watches Star Wars, none of them care for it off the big screen, and all of them collectively despise Darth Vader. Maybe this was the entire rebellious thing, but I always liked Vader. Sure, he was evil, he was violent, and he liked choking people to death, but there is a lot more to his character. I think that Anakin Skywalker is one of the most intriguing characters in the SW universe.
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Huh?
    PT?: I say again, huh?

I typed a lot about myself in my bio, so go there if you're at all curious about this newbie. ;)

3. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    NAME: Kevin
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: Watching the OT on video -- BEFORE the rerelease, as a matter of fact (they had the original covers, not the funky ones with ANH having a Vader mask, ESB having a stormtrooper helmet, and RotJ having Yoda's face on it. Although, I did stand in line for a very long time for the rereleased videos the very day they came out. My parents got tired of taking me to Blockbuster every weekend to rent the trilogy ;))
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: too long ago, and it was too horrible to think about ;). I am, however, particularly proud of the fact that it was A/T, despite the fact that I wrote it before the NJO was an evil twinkle in Shelly Shapiro's eye, so I came up with A/T before DelRey did ;).
    FAV CHAR: Anakin Solo
    WHY?: The first EU book I ever read (I was in grade school at the time) was the first book of the Junior Jedi Knights series. He reminded me of me, basically.
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: I am at the moment, but I haven't posted it yet, and I'm not sure if I'm going to. I mostly do EU stuff.
    PT?: Won't touch it with a five-million foot poll ;).

4. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    NAME: You can call me crystal

FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: Can't remember. But it was when they showed the OT on TV that I really got into it.

FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: 16. But nothing posted until I was 17.

FAV CHAR: Oooh, hard one. Probably Leia cause I identify with her but I love all the OT main characters. I also have a soft spot for Ben Skywalker.

WHY?: Cause she's a bit like me. Only
    braver. I'm very protective towards Ben Skywalker.

EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Yep

PT?: Nope. Might do though: I have a few plot bunnies.

5. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    NAME: Sarah (or female_obi_wan)
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: age about 12
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: age 14
    FAV CHAR: I have never been able to choose between Qui and Obi. I have no problem with that. ;)
    WHY?: Because they're both wise, kind and noble Jedi
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Yeah, once, I think.
    PT?: Yep

6. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    NAME: call me Kyp Side, Kyp, or KS...
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: age 4 watching ANH
    FAV CHAR: Kyp Durron!!!!!!!!!!! By a lot!!!!!!!
    WHY?: he is the most real, to me. He makes mistakes (big ones), recognises them, and attempts to make amends. He always speaks his mind, and won't sacrafice his morals for anything (aka he does what he thinks is right, no matter what the affects are). He is how I owuld want to be, but I don't think I could ever really be like him. Hence I write him.
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Force no!!!
    PT?: Wouldn't touch it with a force grip!
    I write NJO, or just plain EU. That's where I love to be.

Random facts: I generally do not act like a teenager. I generally act so much like a 30 year-old that I am confused for one (only on the internet, obviously), or like a 10 year-old boy. I don't like the Star Wars movies near as much as the Star Wars books. I'm a Kyp/Jaina addict. I don't write from experience... basically ever...

7. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    NAME: obaona
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: I don't remember my age, but my mom realized the amount of presents between my brother, sister, and me was unequal, so I got the gift of what was supposed to be my brother's gift - a SW novel (The Last Command).
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: 16, I think.
    FAV CHAR: Most likely Obi-Wan, with Luke Skywalker a very, very close second.
    WHY?: He's a complex character, and doesn't tend to show much, leaving lots of room for me to wonder what's going on in his head. I like writing him when he's not yet self-exiled but isn't a Padawan either.
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Yup.
    PT?: Yup, again. :)
    Randomness: Best friends talk about the buying/selling market of houses! :D [face_mischief] Good online boyfriends use [face_love] a lot. ;) Most people mistake me for being older than I am, and my mom says I'm 17 going on 30, due to the way I act. What can I say? ;)

8. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    NAME: Jess
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: five
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: age 12 1/2
    FAV CHAR: Obi-Wan Kenobi definatly, with Qui-Gon close in second place
    WHY?: I love his character, so complex. Its so fun to torture- I mean write about him.
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Nope
    PT?: I love it! [face_love]

9. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Ooh, count me in. Just because we're in the majority for once doesn't mean we should be unloved. :p

NAME: Daughter of Yub Yub (I answer to just about any variation thereof, plus Ewok Lady and Timbit)
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: two or three, there was SW wallpaper at my grandparents' house
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: age 17
    FAV CHAR: Wes Janson
    WHY?: He's funny and really fun to read and write about
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Yep
    PT?: Well, if you count a fic with time travel that exists to unkill Anakin Solo by sending his ghost back in time to one year pre-AOTC, yes :p

10. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    NAME: Ornen
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: age 7 (SE!!!)
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: age 13 for SW, but I've been writing other fanfics for years
    FAV CHAR: Obi-Wan!!!
    WHY?: He has three different personalities (Ep 1, 2, and OT), which all are very good
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: I'm writing an AU in the OT
    PT?: Nope!

11. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    NAME: EmilieDarklighter
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: age 12
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: age 13
    FAV CHAR: Luke Skywalker/Mara Jade
    WHY?: Luke, because he's, well, Luke. The vulnerable yet strong Son of the Chosen One, patient, kind, and can kick some major butt if he puts his mind to it.
    Mara Jade...she's Mara!
    WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Always.
    PT?: Never.

12. Crazy_Vasey

Crazy_Vasey Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    Name: Why are people giving their usernames here? It's a bit pointless... Anyway my name is Michael.

Age: 19 next month so I'm at the ass-end of my teenage years.

First Encounter with SW: I saw ROTJ on terrestrial TV when I was about 4 or 5 and I remember wanting to see the other 5 that came before it. Nearly there now! I also read the ANH and ESB novels not much later as well as Splinter of the Mind's Eye. I was always a bit ahead on the reading front. I also had the marvel comic adaptation of ROTJ in annual form but I've lost it :\

First Fanfic Written: The one I'm working on now...

Favourite Character: Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. Easily. Then Luke and Leia.

Never written OT or PT fics unless you count that Ep3 vignette, so I've written in the PT...

Randomness: I have a strong dislike for the EU and the NJO in particular yet I'm writing a NJO fanfic and read many NJO fanfics. Hmm.

13. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    NAME: Ty-gon Jinn (aka Tygon_Jinnus)
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: Age 11, when the Special Editions came out
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: Age 14
    FAV CHAR: Obi-wan Kenobi
    WHY?: Because he's wise... he's the kind of character you can look up to. I found his "certain points of view" speech, though, just as deceitful as poor Luke did... Yoda was my favorite character in ROTJ.
    WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Well, I did inter-trilogy, and I've done post-ROTJ. I don't think I've ever done one that fell between ANH and ROTJ, though.
    PT?: Yup.

14. seizetsu

seizetsu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2003
    Here's a new one for your society. You haven't seen a lot I have writen yet, mostly beacuse I have this habbit of not finishing the fics I write. But I'm currently writing one that I plan to finnish, I think :)

NAME: seizetsu
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: At age 6 (It was ROTJ, and I thought Luke was the Emperor)
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: age 14 or 15
    FAV CHAR: Anakin and.. Anakin :)
    WHY?: I don't really know. Maybe because I can see some part of myself in both of them. We are all the silent thinking types.
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Nope, but I probably will in due time.
    PT?: Yuppers!

EDIT: Made some nice boldie-markups..

15. Crazy_Vasey

Crazy_Vasey Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    (It was ROTJ, and I thought Luke was the Emperor)

LOL!

I thought Luke killed Vader by chopping his head off when I was little [face_blush] must have gotten my films mixed up.

16. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    NAME: Anne, or Elizabeth--it just depends.

FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: I think I was...umm...4 or 5? Ack!! Lightning Fingers scared me!! :_|

FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: 14--I'm new to this stuff... [face_blush]

FAV CHAR: Going somewhere Solo? Not without me!! Ohh...that nerfherder goes straight to my heart!

WHY?: His cockiness, lack of manners--he's a scoundrel and a rogue. I like them better than the polished men, they're too boring. But then, Han has this secret soft spot in his heart. And he has his moral code too, to a point. And his sarcastic comments and that smile...I gotta stop now! lol

EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Si, oui, da, ja, yes!

PT?: Si, oui, da, ja, yes!

17. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    NAME: Arwen Jade Kenobi
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: About three years old, my parents were watching ESB and I took one look at Yoda and ran out of the room crying. :p I didn't watch it again till I was about 12, and thats when I fell in love with it. (okay, and Han Solo....;) )
    FAV CHAR: Has always been Han Solo, no contest. But Anakin Skywalker and Kyp Durron are in second. :)
    WHY? Well, what can I say I have a thing about bad boys. ;) (see my sig!) No really, I just like the characters who are scoundrels, and Hans sarcastic sense of humor, and that crooked smile, but yet he's a softie at heart. Just don't get me started on my favorite character, I could go forever!
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Yep!
    PT?: Yea, but not as much.
    AU: Lots
    Random facts: I love to write and plan to be a professional writer, I've been writing since I was about 8 years old (no joke!) and have continued ever since and intend to do so. I love Star Wars, but LOTR is great to, especially Legolas. [face_love] In real life I have blonde hair and blue eyes and love to ride my horse and attempt to convert my non star wars fans to starwarism. :p If you went into my room you'd see ceiling to floor posters of Star Wars, LOTR, Legolas, Anakin, Hayden and Orli plus a few other movie stars. And Unicorns. :D

18. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    NAME: DarthSnuggles (aka Danielle/Danni/whatever you wanna call me)
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: Probably when I first saw my aunt's Star Wars pinball machine, which must have been when I was verrrry little.
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: 15
    FAV CHAR: Yoda
    WHY?: Can't really put it into words... He's the ideal teacher - wise, stern-faced, but with a great mischevious quality. And he's got the best lines in the entire series, I think (my personal favorite - "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter!"). And of course... Yoda vs. Dooku. Best battle ever.
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: No, but I'd love to give it a shot one day.
    PT?: Not exactly... I wrote an Anakin/Padmé short story for Melyanna's Fairy Tale thread, but I don't think that counts... :p
    Random Stuff: I mostly write in the EU, 'cause I'm not worried about screwing it up - with the trilogies, I'd be a nervous wreck, worrying about if I'm doing the movies justice. I adore all the Star Wars films (yes, even TPM :p ), and I don't care what others say, I think George Lucas is an amazing filmmaker. I also love Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, and I've even written some fan fiction for the former. And as anyone who knows me is aware of, I'm a huge animated Disney buff. And a big nerd. :p

And that's pretty much it...

19. freak-pudding

freak-pudding Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2002
    NAME: lea or f-p is fine.
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: 6
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: 11
    FAV CHAR: hmm... probably Obi-Wan
    WHY?: Most likely because he's easy to write and a lot of fun to mess with. :) Actually, because his character is so deep and emotionally involved with many things. Plus he's very cute. :D
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: No, I'm not very knowledgable about the OT.
    PT?: Of course.

20. Neobi_Kenobi

Neobi_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2001
    NAME: Bri, Ritzy, Neo, anyone will do
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: I think I was around 3 or 2 but to me Yoda looked like a banana so I could never eat a banana, because it reminded me of him, I still can't even now.
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: around 11, it was really stupid and before I knew that people were writting stuff that happed after ROTJ
    FAV CHAR: Obi-Wan Kenobi, hence Neobi. Though when I was little I would always try to play Leia
    WHY?: Well I always thought Obi-Wan was so powerful and he was just so there, if you know what I mean. He was always so great for some reason. Then when E1 came out it gave him a whole new meaning.
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?:if I think this is what I think then, no
    PT?: Again if I am right then yes

21. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    NAME: Matt or Ousley, your choice.
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: 8
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: 14
    FAV CHAR: Obi Wan
    WHY?: I don't really know. He's in every film (even after his death) and he seems pretty close to my personality in JA/TPM
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Yep.
    PT?: Working on my Episode III story right now.

So, are we just going to keep posting our names, or actually have a conversation?

22. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    NAME: Krystal
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: age 10
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: age 8
    FAV CHAR: Obi-Wan Kenobi!
    WHY?: No idea. I just [face_love] him to death
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: No, and don't plan to.
    PT?: Yup! All my fics are PT.

23. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    So... When do we do start?

24. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    NAME: Ashley
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: 3. I watched it at my babysitter's house. I instantly had this huge crush on Luke. :p
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: 13. Eh... I'm still not a very good writer, even after two years.
    FAV CHAR: Obi-Wan
    WHY?: Because his character has always fascinated me. He is so wise and awesome in the OT, and in the PT, he is so DROP-DEAD GORGEOUS! Plus, he kicks Sith, droid, and monster butt!
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: No. I don't think I would do the characters justice.
    PT?: Yeppers. Not a big fan of the movies, but I love the characters. [face_love]
    RANDOM STUFF: I am very athletic, academic, and musical. I play many sports, my GPA is 4.0, and I play violin. I can get really hyper sometimes, and my friends say that I'm the life of the party. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, though. ;)

Anyway, enough babbling.

Tootles!

25. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    NAME: Sara
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: 3 or 4....I wasn't interested then though, except in Leia and, of course, the Ewoks :p
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: 13
    FAV CHAR: Hmmmm.....Padmé, R2-D2 or Jar Jar
    WHY?: Padmé is just an awesome woman. She's so smart and successful. R2 and Jar Jar are funny. R2 is impertinent, and Jar Jar is so clumsy, and I love the way he talks. I don't understand why someone would not like him.
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Not that I've posted
    PT?: Always

This is a great idea Arwen.

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.