main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Teenage Writers Society

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Arwen-Jade_Kenobi, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jadis_Ionian

Jadis_Ionian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I was just thinking that we needed something like this, and then I found it! :D

Name: Hannah, but I really prefer Jadis.

First Encounter With SW: First time ever was when I was 7 or 8 months old. I threw up when I saw Jabba. It's one of my mom's favourite stories about me. :D First time I remember was either going to see the SE of ANH with my dad, or watching the OT with him when I was sick, but I don't remember how old I was for either of those.

First Fanfic Written At: I've been writing bits and pieces since I was twelve. The first thing I ever finished was a very short piece for the long-locked thread Letters To Those Who Will Listen.

Fave Char: Leia, R2 and Rogue Squadron

Why?: I like Leia because, to quote The Magic of Myth, she's no 'passive damsel in distress'! R2...I don't know why, I just love him. [face_love] I like Rogue Squadron because fighter pilots are cool :cool: and the Rogues are the best. :D

Ever Written in the OT?: No

PT?: My writing is usually set during the Purges, so I guess it probably qualifies as PT.

Random Stuff: I'm also a big fan of LotR and Harry Potter. Some of my other hobbies/interests include Celtic mythology, embroidery, Martial Arts, drawing, singing, sewing, and penmanship. And that's just what I can think of off the top of my head. :p There's a link to my story (at ff.n), which is my own version of the aforementioned Letters To Those Who Will Listen, in my sig. :)

*Jadis*

2. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Name: Chris... no my last name is not Johnson
    First Encounter with SW: I was four years old and I watched the whole OT in one day. I've been hooked since. :)
    First FanFic Written at: 16, but I never posted it.
    Favorite Character and Why: In the OT then PT it was Obi-Wan, there always seemed to be more to him than met the eye. In the EU is Jacen Solo. I've been interested in him since YJK. Despite the flaming he got in NJO I liked him because he stood by his principles despite what others thought.
    Ever Written in the OT: Nope... I'm much too scared to do that. ;)
    PT: Yep, my main fic is an AU set in the PT
    EU: Yep

J_J

3. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    NAME: Daniella
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: 7 (I think)
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: 13
    FAV CHAR: Yoda (it changes a lot).
    WHY?: I come off as insane but then I get very intelligent and I quote him all the time.
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?:
    PT?: Yes siree bob.

4. Calantha

Calantha Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2002
    Name: Aimee
    First Encounter with SW: Just last year...I'd always wanted to see them (I could tell it was something I'd like) but everyone around me wasn't interested in renting a movie they'd already seen. Then I saw Moulin Rouge, which left me looking for more Ewan McGregor, which lead directly to Episode I. The first though after I'd finsihed that movie was "That was the best movie I've ever seen!"
    First Fanfic Written: When I was 6, I wrote a Rainbow Brite story...My first SW fanfic is currently in the works.
    Fav Character: Obi-Wan Kenobi. Not too far behind are Anakin, Qui-Gon, Luke Leia, Han and R2D2 (though I only read fanfic about the first 3)
    Why?: Hmmm. He's just a very interesting character - he's a major part of the whole saga, but it's actually quite a mystery what goes on in his head. He's one of the funniest characters, IMHO..."You will go home and rething your life." [face_laugh]I find his determination and faith quite inspiring (heck, being dead couldn't even stop him!) And of course, he's really good looking. [face_love]
    Ever Written OT: No - and I don't plan to. I think the movies are fantastic, but for some reason, I never had the desire to read more.
    PT: Yup. There's so much just under the surface of all the character, and so much going on that you don't see on screen. I'm working on a Vignette right now, and then I might work on a JA AU plot bunny that's been persistently bitting.

Sorry I haven't added any conversation! I just felt I should introduce myself first. :)

5. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    NAME: Felicia Zezili

FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: Oh it's such a lovely little story when I was wee little girl my mommy and grandmother would go out on friday leaving my daddy, my baby brother (who is on this board lurking) and me all by ourselves at home. We would stay up late and watch the entire OT trilogy. I loved Han!

FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: I think I was about twelve. my skill had improved greatly since then.

FAV CHAR: Han from OT and Obi-Wan from JA

WHY?:Well, Han because he was the bad boy and I always did and still do have a thing for bad boys. And obi-Wan because when the JA books first came out I was the same age as Obi-Wan in the books so it's like "cool a Star Wars character my age!"

EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: A few little things but I haven't posted.

PT?: Oh yeah...

Random thoughts: I don't watch TV anymore becasue TV has betrayed me. All the shows I loved (Futurama, Invader Zim, X-Files, Home Movies, INUYASHA) Have gone away! I Will never forgive Cartoon Nwtwork, Nickloden and FOX!

(Told you it was a random thought)

6. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Name: Jordan
    First encounter with Star Wars: The release of the special edition of A New Hope in 1997.
    First fanfic written at: 14
    Favorite character/Why?: In the movies: Lando, considering he's one smoooooth operator.
    In the books: Tie between Corran Horn/Wedge Antilles. Corran is a personality very close to mind, doesn't put up with any crap, and kicks major ass. And Wedge...do I really have to tell you why I like Wedge?
    Ever written in the OT? Yes.
    PT? Hell no!
    Random Fact: I'm a goalie in hockey.

And here are some pictures of me (and one of my girlfriend): http://www.freewebs.com/flukeg/images.htm

7. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    NAME: Well, my real name is Katie but on the net I go by the name of sheleigh

FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: Old Trilogy when it was released into the theatres sometime... can't exactly remember

FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: I must have been 13... it was embarassing... I don't think about it...

FAV CHAR: Obi-Wan Kenobi in the PT Darth Vader in the OT

WHY?: Polar opposites, yet both have a lot in common... I just like them.

EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: I don't think I have a grasp enough on the OT to write there yet, though someday I might

PT?: All the time, though I screw with the timelines... heh

8. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I'd just like to comment about people disregarding teenagers :mad:
    People have a tendancy to look down on us, to think that they're better than we are... some of us can do thinks, even though we are years younger than adult, that no or few adults can do.
    I'll use writing for an example, as this is a fan fic forum: Trickster_Jaina_Fel is a teenager, and also one of the best, if not the best NJO writer on the boards.

9. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Age matters not. Judge me by my years, do you? And well you should not.

Heh heh heh. Someone mistok me for my mum the other day. She's nearly 50 [face_shocked]. So age can be misleading even in RL.

10. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    NAME: KatarnLead, my girlfriend's letting everyone know that my name is really Burkie...
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: Rather young, watching the Original trilogy with my cousin. From then on, it was open season! :D
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT 16, most likely...
    FAV CHAR: I dunno. I wrote mostly OC's, but fav character would be...prob Obi-Wan.
    WHY?: Dunno once more. First one who came into my mind. Wedge is pretty cool as well...
    EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Nup
    PT?: Yup. :D
    Randomness: Girlfriends who like cuddling up... [face_love]

11. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    Burkie!?!

OK, here's a conversation opener. What nicknames have people called you?

I can't say most of mine cause they relate to my real name which I'm not allowed to reveal on the internet, but here are a few of mine:

Utterly Butterly
    Topsy
    Lillybob
    Tiny (that was before I grew, I'm 5'6 now but I used to be short)
    Pickle
    Bob-bob

[face_blush] Don't laugh!

EDIT: Remembered some more:

Bob
    Tigger
    Dopey

12. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    I'll give you a short list.

Otherwise we'll be here all night! :D

Burkie
    Fluffy
    Baldie
    Beck
    Fat Dragon
    Sloppy
    Smiley
    Burger
    Tigwan
    Super Ted
    Ernest
    Buddha
    Mud Puddle
    Yappy
    Bob
    Freak

And trust me, that's just the short list! :eek: ;)

EDIT: Stupid tiredness making me forget. Oh, and btw, these are all nicknames that I regularly go by ;)

EDIT2: stupid typos :p

13. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Uh, my name's Michael and nobody calls me anything else.

14. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    Ornen: I could fix that [face_devil] 8-}

15. Lady__Skywalker

Aug 22, 2002
    I've been called the drunk-on-non-alcholoic-stuff-party-pooper before. But no one really calls me anything except my name.

16. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Nicknames?

Gandalf
    Morris (long story :p)
    Ewok Lady
    Timbit
    Five million variations of my real name :p

17. seizetsu

seizetsu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2003
    Let's see, I've been called:

Flum (meaning something similliar to "wacked" in Swedish)
    E-mail (my name being Emil)

And that's about it, I think :)

18. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    NAME: Neon Star
    FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH SW: Very young, can't remember exact age... Possibly three
    FIRST FANFIC WRITTEN AT: About 13 or 14
    FAV CHAR: Luke, though he has had competion. ;)
    WHY?: Because he is an awesome character. Look at the struggles and falls he has had to win over. Plus he's great torture bait. ;) (I'd write more but I'm kind of busy at the moment.)

EVER WRITTEN IN THE OT?: Yes!

PT?: Heh, yes! I've done almost all sides to SW, except NJO.

Random Fact: Flukie is my JC little bro, and I've been here way too long. :p

Nicknames: Won't go into my real name...
    JC nicknames:

Ne
    Neon
    Star
    Ne-Ne (Only one person has the right to call me this, any other will die.) ;)
    NS

Well, this is an intresting place., I may have to check back later. :)

19. Calantha

Calantha Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2002
    My friends have called me Queen Aimee-dala. Otherwise, I don't have any nicknames...

~Calantha

20. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    Nicknames? Oh me and my freinds have fun with these.

Scullyosis I know what your thinking. "isn't that a back disorder?" yes but that's not what the name stands for. Freshmen year I was completely obsessed with X-files. I was buying the Novels, episode guids...and when we were going through what name we should call each other they came up with that for me. And they still use it too even though It's junior year.

THE Val This is a creation of my friend Mollie the Schizo. She was redueing her profile for her s/n and was nameing soem of her cool friends. She put the big THE infront of mine and said, "You have a the in front of your name you must be cool!"

Psycho: Sophmore year I went from X-files to real crime and I was checking out all sorts of books and I would bring them to school my favorite was 101 Menacing little Murder stories And my observant friend Sean called me Psycho. I liked it!

Okay I think i've borred you all enough bye bye!

21. Lady__Skywalker

Aug 22, 2002
    I've also been called Ms. Bomdiggity. That's a long story.

22. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Nicknames?

Jordo
    Jordie (if anyone calls me that, they shall feel my wrath!)
    Jordache
    George
    Jorge (hor-hay)
    Squirrel
    Squirrely
    Squirrel Nuts
    Squirrel Masta
    Pimp Juice

And several other pet names given to me by my girlfriend that aren't quite appropriate for this board...if you catch my drift. ;)

23. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    WOW!! What a massive reponse! Thanks you guys.

Ok, first topic. Do you feel that the "original" star Wars fans look down on you because you weren't around (or just too little) for the OT?

Opinions? I'd tell mine but I really have to go right now!

Debate away!

24. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    I don't feel that way at all. I wasn't even born yet when ROTJ came out but there's nothing wrong with being second generation Star Wars Fan. I know just as much about it then anyone who was around in 1977.

25. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Not really.

Hey, a little random info:
    At Celebration II I entered in a contest for a replica saber and I WON a replica of Anakin's Ep. 2 saber!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.