main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Teens in this group

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by skunkpunk1, Dec 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skunkpunk1

skunkpunk1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2001
    Hey I noticed in the special interests message boards that someone mentioned that they were 16. They complained that they were at a disadvantage because of this. Well, I'm 16 too and although this group does a lot to incorporate all ages, us teens can't help but (as all teens do) feel left out. So i wanted to know how many teens are in this group other than myself because (i know this sounds corny)if worse comes to worse we can depend on each other...so feel free to reply.

-Marc

2. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    I don't want anyone to feel left out. And teens are invited to attend all SWNYC events in public places. HOWEVER, allowing someone underage to attend something held in a private home is up to the discretion of the home owner and that teens parent or guardian. While most teens I encounter are responsible, intelligent and have a lot to offer, it's a fact that the law requires parental permission for anyone under 18 to do certain things.

I will do anything to help parents feel secure in allowing underage people to participate in all events. I applaude any parent that takes the time to ask Who? What? When? Where? and Why?

And SkunkPunk, I especially applaude your thinking to post this thread. So, are there any other teens out there?

3. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    well yah. i'm 16 (i think it was me who did the other 16 post, but i don't recall mentioning being left out.....)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.