main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Teh Birthdays & More Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Handmaiden Yané, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I am older than Sithy, SC, Chim, Sessy, and Arie, amoung others.

¤Night

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Boy thanks for the update man, in case we were unable to read it up above.

3. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    If anyone wants their birthday and gaming info up there, PM me or Dajuan.

4. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I figured that would be the case for some of you. o_O

¤Night

5. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah the Speak 'n' Spell really got a work out today.

6. Ostrich_Stapler

Ostrich_Stapler Jedi Master star 5

Jul 9, 2004
    Jen-chan you forgot the gamez I play.

Don't forget to include Captain Kangaroo's Colors Game and Tic-Tac-Toe, kthx.

7. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    M we all know you're not a real gamer. The only unanswered question is why the hell you try to fit in here.

8. Ostrich_Stapler

Ostrich_Stapler Jedi Master star 5

Jul 9, 2004
    Oooh. Is someone mad that I can pwn his face in a Tic-Tac-Toe game?

I'm glad. Now, back to the topic of BIRTHDAYS.

Jen-chan, I don't have any money so I'm not going to get you a present, okay? But if you want I will do my toilet-paper dance for you with accompanying bagpipes.

9. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    NO ONE ASKED FOR MY PERMISSION IN THIS. PLEASE REMOVE ALL MY DETAILS FROM THAT POST AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!

In all seriousness - remove it.

10. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    SithForceLord posted on 7/6/05 4:05am
    [color=red][b][hl=black]NO ONE ASKED FOR MY PERMISSION IN THIS. zOMG AND ONGST.[/hl][/b][/color]
    [hr][/blockquote]
    This is what happens when Errant and Quest approve something :(
    I still say it's a way too much of a JCC idea and [i]*shock horror i'm actually saying this*[/i] isolates people who are'nt cliqued. Besides, if we were all like, best of friends anyway, would'nt we all know when everyones birthdays are, and make a big enough fuss over them when the time came?

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    The birthdays started out as a little joke and kinda grew. The whole chat and game list in one overarching post idea was to make it easier for people to find other game players.

12. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Well, we've had threads in the past listing games everyone plays, it makes it easier for people to know who plays what and get games together.

As for the birthday thing, I don't see what the big deal is. I mean besides SFL spazzing out like we just gave out his SS number or something.

13. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    That does'nt revoke the fact that personal data IS private, and posting it in this thread without peoples permission makes this thread against the TOS.

I know I for one was'nt asked.

14. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Oh my gosh, lighten up. Jen was just doing something she thought would be nice. And I knew when she asked for my info she was going to use it for some Games b'day thing, since it was discussed in the Lounge. Maybe she should have specified "I will be putting it in a thread" but really, no reason for everyone to get their knickers in a twist.

15. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Terminated Chim according to his wishes, I looked for SFL but didn't see him and I'm operating under the presumption that his status was terminated as well. As for this thread I didn't see any harm in it being estbalished, however I did vote down on making it a sticky if that is any consolation to any of the grieved parties. It is at this time that I'd like to thank you all right before I activate the self-destruct sequence I had downloaded into my memory banks a week ago today at 0328.

**blows up**

16. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Hey Connemara, how about I put everybodies picture up in a thread without asking, would you mind that? Like, if I just put your picture up without you asking.
    I think it'd be nice for everybody to see what we all look like, you know, build community spirit and all that. I mean, I won't ask anyone for permission, but, ya know.

17. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Didn't you do that with your top hat thing?

I know I, for one, wasn't asked and you used my picture

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I simply see this as a supplement to the social thread, but i would have assumed the information posted was for users who approved it's use in such a manner, so, yes, make sure you only list people who have ok'd it, please.

19. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    FlareStorm posted on 7/6/05 12:42pm
    Didn't you do that with your top hat thing? [hr][/blockquote]

You'd posted it on the forum a week before though, aha.

20. Riley Man

Riley Man Jedi Master star 5

Dec 19, 1999
    Other than the birthdate, isn't all this info already in everyone's profile? :p If this were people's full name, city, or even picture, I could understand there being an issue...

21. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    So apparently SoloCommand "can't be bothered" with this forum unless it's to bash someone's work and cause drama.

22. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Actually, I'm just expanding on SFL's drama. But you've essentially nailed the rest of it on the head.

23. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    I agree with Riley. There is a different between a picture and a birthdate. It's through pictures that stalkers will take interest in you. That is why I originally had asked my picture not be posted. Same goes for any personal info, phone number, cell number, address, etc.

But one user in here gets spastic over his birthdate being posted and you're treating it like some kind of severe violation of teh rules. Since when have you cared about the TOS unless it suits your purpose anyway?

24. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    What's one violation compared to another? They're both violations whatever way you look at it.

I could go over this until the cows come home, and write out some essay on my mannerisms and how the TOS should be used and imperpreted, that'd make me look big and clever, but no-one could really be bothered to read, but I won't do it anyway, so I'll just prove Flare's point that I can't be bothered.

25. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    So can I post the pic of Conne's butt?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.