FF:NSW Teh Veto Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Detonating-Rabbit, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, we all have to vote today (well, most of us do).

So, perhaps after you dodge the leaflet distributers, try to pronounce your name so they can mark you off the role("Bailey" "Barney?" "No, Bailey." "Barely?" "No, damn it! Bailey!") and put scrawl on the oversized and undersized pieces of paper, why don't you write down your thoughts?

Of particular noteworthiness, I thought, were the Reacreational Party (close enough) and the Australians Against Immigration Party. Oh...and then there's Labour and the Liberals. Hilarious. :rolleyes: It almost makes one want to destroy their vote.

Of course, I voted for Pedro... [face_tired] Any thoughts about the wonderful state election?
  2. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I would have voted for Ferris, but since I've only been in the state ... two weeks now? ... I don't require to be a part of this fancy, shmancy voting thing you modern people do these days. Back in Perth, we just shout yay or nay :p

Ok we don't, but wouldn't that be so much easier?
  3. The_Scream_Man Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok, Im gonna let this thread keep oing, but talking politics is always a tightrope. If I get even a HINT thats it gonna get out of hand, then Ill make sure Hawk or one of the guys kills it fast.

ok, CRly warning over.

I voted Green.
  4. Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Man, any trouble won't be coming from me. I'm not even political! Clearly this thread is satirical. ;)
  5. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I worked at the local polling station yesterday (uni student needs the cash :D ) and it was an amusing experience, the senate votes were a laugh, shooters party look like getting an extra seat, i think they got a bunch of preferences from the fishing party, who were in line for a spot but the libs managed to get that one
  6. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Totally unrelated really to this thread, but I just saw that movie the other night for the first time.

Pedro (and his cousins) were the only redeeming factor of an otherwise lackluster and boring film.
  7. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't get over the fact that there was a 'Horse Riding' Party.

It makes me want to create a 'Console Gamers' party.
  8. Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just can't get over the fact that 'Party of Five' wasn't there to vote for...

And 'Napoleon Dynamite' is one of the best films ever! At least that's what I say when people agree with me...
  9. mle Jedi Knight

star 3
    It seems to me that even if every single person who voted, voted for the greens, the ammount of paper used in this election would still cancel out any positive environmental effect that may have.

I voted for the lesser of two evils.

No matter who you vote for... a politician gets in.
  10. Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I know! Why is that?!

And the paper...it can be recycled. :p Or not...
  11. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Is it possible to not have a politician in politics? :p

Sorry. :(
  12. mle Jedi Knight

star 3
    Of course they can be recycled, dummie, im just being silly.

Well, anrie's in poltics.... i spose that makes him a politician tho. I guess thats why the saying is true. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.