main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Telethon for Stars

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey guys,
    Thanks to everyone who helped out at the telethon last night. We had a great turnout and the costumes were a big hit. I have put some of the photos up and we will have alot more after Vader sends me his pics. Also, there was a stand alone picture and mention of our club in the Paducah Sun Times this morning. Its in a weird spot, the business section on page 7C. I scanned in the pic and put it on our photo album page, the links below, but the quality isn't very good, newsprint and all, so go out a grab a copy today while they last. Thanks again guys. pv

http://www.paducahimperials.com/photo_album.html

2. LordTreyger

LordTreyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    More prophetic perhaps than wierd? It was located next to the Obituaries, I'm just saying...

3. ED-VADER

ED-VADER Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    "Search your feelings Lord Treyger"

Hey, we have been complimented on over and over again since Saturday night! I have e-mailed our pics all over the place and talked to people from the Lyons Club who sponsor the Telethon and they loved us! They are hoping we will be there agian next year!

4. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    hopefully, by next year, we can raise money for the telethon.

5. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
    I thought we were a fundraising organization? Hmm, I guess some things are more important at meetings and other gatherings to discuss than helping those who need it. Oh well...

6. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    hopefully, next year I can actually be there.

I'm glad it was successful and the group went over well.

7. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    LordTreyger, we are both thinking on the same wave length. LOL!

8. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Looks like you all had fun!

This picture:

[image=http://www.paducahimperials.com/images/PIC_0069.JPG]

Cracks me up!

EDIT: I need to learn how to spell :p

9. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    I'm Obi Wan in the pic

10. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    *grins*

Nice to meet you :)

11. s_r_skywalker

s_r_skywalker Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2006
    I was never under the impression that this was a ?fund raising organization? upon joining the club. I am however; excited that we have many members whom dedicate their time and energy to helping causes they feel passionate about. Our club was created in order to give Star Wars fans a chance to socialize and engage in activities relating to the varied aspects of Star Wars. I find it humbling to be a member of a club that has so many individuals putting forth their efforts to help others, but I never had the notion that this club was strictly about raising funds for charity events. So say we all!

12. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    Its just that if we are there at a charity function, its embarissing that we are there taking pics and we are getting attention and we didn't even raise any money. I'm not starting a fight or anything, I'm simply stating.

13. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    I kind of beg to differ, rodan. I know we sold the frak out of some pamphlets when you guys were getting your pics taken--we were hitting them up.

So say we all!

14. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    I know we did sell several of the programs. I don't think the Ill guys were there yet when we were given our assignments. This is what we were assigned to do for the library. We were kinda working for the library this year. If we want to do more for next year that is all the better. Its the same time every year. As big a hit as we were this year I'm sure we will be asked back.

15. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    This event had nothing to do with raising money for the telethon. The library "hired" us to do exactly what we did. We ARE NOT A FUNDRISING ORGANIZATION. I don't know why some of you think we are. We are a fan force, a star wars club; we are about the sw universe. That?s not to say that we don't help out charities or raise funds for operation costs when the opportunity presents itself, but that is not our primary objective. Even in the Force.net bi laws for ff's it stipulates only a small percentage of time and effort for different charities, and even then it?s just a request. Hope that clears this up. Pv

16. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    Fund Raising Organization?!? I was under the impression that we would do some fund raising and charity work couple of months, but that it wasn't the sole purpose of our group. I think it's great that we are mostly all willing to give something back to our communities. Rodan, I've heard you had a big part in making the Murphesboro event happen. Good for you. And I think it's a great cause. I've heard in meetings before that if there was a fund raising/charity event that we wanted to do, to bring it up. But it may be up to us to do alot of the foot work as Rodan has done, because our Elustrious Potentain has other things going on, silly things like go to school, work and spend time with his family, but that the club would support and help as much as it could. I'm looking into a few things myself. And I understand that those members who troop, costume, play dress up however you want to look at it draw the crowd, but in most cases it's those of us that don't who are hauling equipment, putting up tables, taking moneies, and doing our best to keep your equipment from getting mussed. Have I made every event. No. But when I signed up and paid my dues I was under the impression I didn't have to. And if our little organizatiion raises $15 for the cause or $1500 it's more than most have done and that much more they didn't have. If fund raising is that important to some, PV, could a small fund raising committee meet every couple of months to plan a fund raising event, do the foot work, set things up with you, and let everyone know at a meeting? Would anyone want to do this?????

17. LordTreyger

Jan 3, 2006
    eh, why bother....

Nice use of Potentain there Val, Nicolae Carpathia would be proud.

18. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    You can still give to the telethon.They keep taking money I think well into next year.So if you wanna donate some money in the clubs name I'm sure we could take up a collection the next time were all together.

19. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    That's not a bad idea.

20. ED-VADER

ED-VADER Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2006
    We'll return to our program in a moment folks but first.... a word about ANACIN....

Yes... ANACIN......

The headache remedy with the special combination of ingredients to relieve pain, relax tension and sooth irritability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.