main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Telethon of the Stars

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Nardo, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    We are changing this to a 501st event this year. The telethon being moved to the Carson Center seriously cramped them on space. The meet and greet/party for the kids is being moved to 1:00-3:00 and to First Baptist Church downtown. (I'm assuming that is the one on Broadway across from the Church of Christ, but I will find out for sure) We will probably meet there at 12:30 and there will be places for us to change. This year is just very funky because of the venue change. Next year will be better for us, and we will probably have a larger role and be bringing in possibly more people from out of town. We are changing it to 501st to open it to the whole legion. It will work out better next year and more planning will be involved since they will probably be back at the EXPO center. So, post here or just text me or Darrell if you are coming, since this really isn't a PIMP's sponsored event (even though most of us will be there). PV just let me post this on here.

2. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    I'll be there.

3. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    OK! It is now posted on the MidSouth boards all official like. Hey, Osiris, would you mind posting it on your boards just to spread it around a bit? It is First Baptist Church. We are going to be going in on the left side of the building to their Great Room. It's gonna be Great! lol I will have more specifics later when yet another person who claims to be "in charge of this shindig" calls me.

Democracy. huh. Things run so much more smoothly in a an empire.

4. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    Can I come if it's a 501st event?

5. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Taking an annual event attended by the Paducah Imperials and turning it into a 501st event? Not sure how cool that is? Don't you have to actually organize the event to call it your own? Oh, don't mind me, I have a problem with authority. And I probably won't be there anyway.

6. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    This is open to everyone to costume and troop. We only had the idea to make it 501st because most of our costume members already are 501st and I wanted to start inviting more 501st members up here. Also, we won't be doing the actual telethon this year for reasons previously stated so I thought it might be cool to really pack out the one party we are doing with lots of costumes, after all, there?s usually a couple hundred kids there. So don't think the 501st is stealing a PIMP's event. We're simply just taking advantage of our scaled back presence this year at the telethon and trying to make it the best it possibly can be. Next year, back at the big E, we will most likely become part of the show, since we have been noticed by the telethons higher ups. Hope to see you all there! pv

7. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    Everyone in costume or handling a costume is more than welcome to attend. We made this a 501st event because we wanted to bring some more official events up here. The 501st isn't stealing any PIMP's events. There simply isn't a ton of room at this telethon. We aren't even going to be at the actual telethon. In future years I don't see why we couldn't have both groups there together. The purpose of this was to make it a larger event and open it up to many more costumes. Because, remember it is for the kids? lol Sometimes we get really tied up in politics and forget that. I am guilty as well.

Oh, and sithmonger, I did organize it with some help. So I can, in fact, call it my event. Thanks, Friends. Boop.

8. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    Well, that's good. I didn't know you had your hands that far in the whole meet/greet event. But I do believe the Lion's Club has something to do with it if I'm not mistaken and WPSD, unless I misunderstand and it's not a part of the Telethon itself. Just lest not everyone forget what this event is about - not for notoriety or to promote 501st. I'm just not sure what making it a 501st event, even if it brings more members here next year will really do for the Telethon nor how it will raise more money for the cause. Maybe if we did a collection drive or something. But I'm honestly not putting that much thought into it.. and therefore will leave that to Fraulein organizer.

9. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    Actually, that is exactly what I had in mind. I think we could definitely do a collection drive for the Telethon next time. Yeah, it is WPSD and the Lion's Club. I have talked to some people from all of them. They are very excited.

10. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    I didn't think our non costume members would mind this also being a 501st. event. I've heard members complain that some events are just for costuming (or fanfilms). So this is just a kinda heads up this IS just for costumes and handlers. Not to deminish anything else we do as a club but its just a fact as far as this event goes. And yes as soon as we get details shortly after this years telethon we need to start planning for next years. This will include everyone costumed or not. We as a club should be able to do much more next year.

This has nothing to do with notoreity. We all pretty much have buckets on anyway right? lol

How can a larger turnout from a 501st. event in Paducah be a bad thing for us as members of the Paducah Imperials?

11. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    ----------------

The Chancellor slowly lowered into his soft chair behind the oversized dark-colored desk, and looked intently across to Master Yoda, who sat sternly on a chair of less grandness. The tiny jedi master waited for Palpatine's response. The aging man settled back into the shadows and began a powerful grin that stretched across his face, as if it was trying to compete with the width of the desk in front of it.

"But Master Yoda, how can an army of clone troopers working for the Republic be a bag thing for members of the great Jedi order?," he said quite graciously.

----------------

TKY - never jinx things with those types of questions! lol

You guys are cute.

12. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    Any other questions? Boop! lmao

13. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
    Got it posted.

14. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    Cool. thanks.

15. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    I just confirmed with the lady running this, and she needs a head count for everyone attending. I need to send that tonight, so please text me or post if you haven't so I know you are coming. This means any handlers or additional peeps. Also, we are meeting at 1230 at the church (around the left side). But if you think you may need additional time to change, let me know. We can definitely work something out. Really excited!

16. MARA-JADED

MARA-JADED Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2007
    I will be there.

17. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    This was an awesome event! A huge thank you to everyone that came out and made it a success. We brought the movies to life for lots of kids and special needs adults, and hopefully they enjoyed it as much as I did.

18. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    Crap. I forgot to sign tkytrooper out.
    -nardo

19. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
    This event was awesome. It was great to see other 501st members there, and I know the kids loved it. Here's to many more such events.

20. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Thanks to Barbie for the awesome job heading up this event. Special thanks to the Tambo, Aten, and company of the 501st for coming up for this event. I have updated our photo bucket acct. with pics from the event, just click the link below. Also, we made the front page of the Paducah Sun today so check it out! pv

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/pacerpimp/

http://www.paducahsun.com/

21. jmartelli

jmartelli Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2008
    I would like to thank the Paducah Imperials and the members of the 501st for making me feel at home at my first troop. I had a wonderful time and i will not soon forget this day.

22. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    hey martelli! you did a kickass job! We will definitely be hanging out more I hope! Are you doing a snowie for your first?

23. jmartelli

jmartelli Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2008
    THanks,
    To early to know now but i believe ill do a Tk first.

24. AtinTX6203

AtinTX6203 Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2008
    Now that Im finally signed up on your boards I can post *JUAD*

I want to again say thank you to all of you, I have not had that much fun in a long time. I can not wait to troop or party with you all some more.

You all are awesome!!!

Here is a link to my pictures from this event:
    http://flickr.com/photos/atinmiller/sets/72157608787567978/

If anyone needs the full size pictures please let me know and I can send them to you :)

Thanks again, this was truly an awesome day for the record books!!!

25. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    It was a great event and I will come next year if you do it again. Looking forward to help armor up more troops in Paducha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.