main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Telika exei plaka na miseis to STAR WARS

Discussion in 'Archive: Greece' started by Obi_one_and_only, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    ^ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] Eisai foveros!!! Pou ta vriskeis?????

2. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001

[i]Okay i just went to the site, i can't beleive it's for real. Lucas really does have disciples out there who think he is god and they are not worthy. Thank him for WHAT? Granted he started SW and he made fans out of all of us but he's treated the films that made us fans like a lethal infection, he's oblitterated them like Alderaan, replaced them like characters from Invasion of the Body Snatchers and milked the STAR WARS name like some humungus sacred cow with teats the size of space stations! These guys have to be brainwashed, i mean no offense but how can they justify Hyperspace? The erradication of the Original movies? The ridiculously long wait and hassle over releasing the OT on DVD? TPM? AOTC? JAR JAR BLOOMING BINKS? [/i][hr]

Nai re seis. Ti ekane o £uca$? Siga tora. O kathenas tha mporouse na kanei o,ti ekane o £uca$.Den einai kai kanenas simantikos tipos o £uca$. Enas MA/\AKAS einai. Ti ekane diladi? Tipota.
    [b]EGO THA TO EKANA KALITERA![/b]

[image=http://users.auth.gr/~pvasili/IMAGES/gousgounis.jpg]

3. Gousgounis

Gousgounis Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    Evlogimene, me pio dikaioma xrisimopoieis ti foro mou?

SKIPSE!

4. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    ^ Eeem... What? :confused: Ti ginetai? [face_worried][face_worried][face_worried][face_worried][face_worried][face_worried][face_worried][face_worried]

5. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001
    Akou to soundtrack tou PoutS... Ena exo na po:
    H metriotita kai i MA/\AKIA tou £uca$ epireasan kai ton WIlliams... Ti malakia, ti eleeino kataskevasma... Einai toso aisxo pou na fantasteite tha to paro mono ennia fores anti gia deka pou eixa skopo. Ego tha to ekana polikalitero. P.x. Maxi Yoda-Sidiou: Mpougas Ela sto pappou. Otan i Padme ftanei sto Moustafar kaiapokaliptetai o Obi-Wan: www.Apisti.com. Mono pou afto tha to allaza apos. To telos tha ginotane: Varethika me tis ginaikes, m' apogoitevoune. Tha ta ftiakso me ton Palpy, gia na ksemperdevoume. Otan sinantiountai Ani-Padme: Floriniotis Theleis na sou matho tennis. Otan fevgei o Ani gia Mustafar kai i Padme menei moni: Vandi ti kano moni mou sto saloni mou.
    Alla to kiriotero: Tha evaza ton eafto mou gia Anakin kai oxi afto to floro punk ton Christensen. To eipe enas filtatos B.A.S.H.E.R. To PoutS tha vgalei giro sta $250M kai afto giati o Vader (me ti stoli, oxi aftos o floromalakas o Christensen) emfanizetai mono 10,4168738713671 lepta 53.524318781 deftera kai 99.3541647067618761871687175 dekata.

[i]ROTS will make only between $200 and $250 million because Darth Vader (the suit, not that punk Hayden) is hardly in the movie at all. Lucas?s advertising for ROTS (with Vader plastered all over) is nothing less than an outright lie. [/i][hr]

Gia na mi nomizete oti leo MA/\AKIES.

[hr][i]Yoda cutting down the clones trying to sneak up behind him bothers me. Although the 'destruction' was virtually completed in the AOTC finale, I find this slicing and dicing of former comrades by Yoda to be yet another act of tastelesness on the part of LFL.

I can reconcile getting out the lightsabre to go up against another jedi (though equality of force use would obviously extend to lightsabre 'skill'), but to take down some clones?

Seems like overkill, which is completely out of character for Yoda[/i][hr]

EEtsi!

[hr][i]ROTS' opening space battle better be good... [/i][hr]

Kai ego afto leo. Fovamai oti tha einai MA/\AKIA. A re £uca$! den mporouses na noikiazes kamposa diastimoploia apo ti NASA na min evazes tosa efe?

[hr][i]So basically Padme dies of a broken heart.

Does anyone else find that ridiculous?
    [/i][hr]

Kalitera na pethene apo ekriktiki diaroia! :^O

[hr][i]So basically Padme dies of a broken heart.

Does anyone else find that ridiculous?

Yep, I do. I also find it immoral and absurd. Any half-decent woman in an analogous situation would live for the sake of her children. Amidala/Padme/Natalie/whatever has IMO established herself as the most unsavory character in the prequels.[/i][hr]

[hr][i]After reading the spoilers I've come to the conclusion that Anakin in ROTS will be as annoying as he was in AOTC. And I guess Lucas can't really make Anakin more likeable all of a sudden. That would be the second time Anakin changed complitely. (From a nice kid to annoying young man without much of a reason.)(That's the story I'd like to see now; What did the Jedi do to this nice kid between TPM and AOTC?) In my opinnion Lucas has made an odd choise in portraying young Anakin. Now all the emotional impact that the movie might have must come from Kenobi. There is hardly anything tragic or sad about Anakins fall (He was allready as evil as they come in AOTC), so the saddnes and grief has to come through Kenobi. He is the only character in PT I can symphatise with. I only wish Lucas had told the story from Kenobis point of view ( hmm...In a way he has...Many of the truths we...and so on.. :P) now that I've seen his portrayal of Ani.
    As for Padme...I can only say that I just can't understand her at all. She doesn't even feel like a real person after seeing AOTC. She seems rude and abrupt at times and then the next moment she can be something entirely different. Why on earth would she fall for some1 like Ani is beyound me. Love is strange indeed...[/i][hr]

[hr][i]I am a little excited now as we close in on the release date, but I still firmly believe I will leave the theater just as dissapointed a

6. Mythosp

Mythosp Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    OK TOTE NA BLEPOUME ELLHNIKO KINHMATOGRAFO POU EXEIS KALUTERES PARAGOGES APO AFTES TOU LUCAS!!!!RE KOUNISTE TO KEFALI SAS REEEEEEE!!!!!MHN EISTE PROVATA!!!!!OTI KANEI O LUCAS GIA TO HOLLYWOOD DEN TO KANOUN OLOI OI ELLHNES SKHNOTHETES GIA THN PSOROKOSTENA!!!!!DYSTYXOS ETSI MAS KATANTHSANE!!!!!!KAI FANTASTEITE OTI EMEIS PROTOI DHMIOURGHSAME KAI TO DRAMA,KAI THN KOMODIA,KAI THN PERIPETEIA,KAI OTI LEGETAI THEATRO!!!KAMAROSTE LOIPON TOYS DIKOUS MAS SKHNOTHETES!!!!A RE ARISTOFANHHHHHHHHHHH SE NOSTALGO!!!!!

7. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    ^ Ki o Goisgounis, allwste, Ellinas itan. Tha prepei na niwtoume ethnika yperifanoi pou i hwra mas gennise enan tetoion megalo kallitehni... E kyrie Gousgouni? ;)

8. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001
    Teeeleis na se kano basher? Ela na deis ti orai pou einai ti kala! Ela na se matho na miseis kai na vrizeis ton £uca$! Min fovasai tha se kano ego venteta! Nai! :D

Kai meta apo afti tin kallitexniki enarksi, ksekiname. [face_dancing]

[i]A few weeks ago I happened to catch part of ESB on TV. It had been years since I'd seen the film and was charmed all over again. Sure, it was a bit cheesy in parts, yet at the same time there was such dignity... such respect and consideration given to the characters and their situations. When I thought about it, I realized once more how starkly contrasted the true Star Wars films and their vaguely related "prequel" spin-offs are. It's like night and day. On the one hand, you've got the wise old Yoda dispensing meaningful instruction. And now, you've got CGI Yoda jumping and spinning like an insane toad and trying to steal some guy's Pepsi at a fast food restaurant.

How did it get this bad? I just can't fathom it.

Returning to the topic of commercials if I may, last night I happened to catch a new one for EIII. I'm guessing it's forbidden to discuss it at length here, so I'll simply say that my worst fear about "The Duel" was confirmed in one nauseating split-second clip. Funny how the advertisements actually make me want to see this movie less (if that's even possible at this point).

Moving on, Hayden is supposed to be on the Tonight Show tonight. Usually I leave Leno on in the backround while I do other things at night, even if I don't care an ounce about his guests. But not tonight. I don't have anything against the guy, I just can't stand to listen to him yammer on about how "cool" and "fun" it was for him to "play" "Darth Vader." [/i][hr]

£uca$: Sto pa mia kai sto pa dio, sto pa xilies deeeka dio o Hayden einai MA/\AKAS, ego tha mouna kaliteros Vader! O Yoda tora. Ax, ksereis poses fores ksipnisa ti nixta kai alaksa sovarko? Ksereis! Kai tora exasa kai aftin tin apolafsi... :| 53 |\/|l50 £uca$!

[hr][i]The marketing is always a mess. The only one I've actually liked so far was the Chewbacca ringtone one because, even though I find the idea generally offensive, I got a kick out of seeing all the old characters back together. Ahh, the OT.[/i][hr]

KSero, to exo peis polles fores dto £uca$, alla alli mia dden vlaptei! :p
    [hr][i]I honestly thought that The Phantom Menace would have been so much better if he'd given the old fans a little bit of what they wanted, in just topping and tailing the whole new trilogy. The film starts in the Falcon, and all the old guys are in there with beards and Chewie's a bit grey. And they've got a little place to go ? they're flying in Hyperspace and one of Han's kids goes 'what happened in the beginning, Uncle Luke?' and he goes 'well?' And then the story unfolds. Just to see those guys again would have been fabulous.[/i][hr]

eee?

[hr][i]Basically, I remember it was always very mystical and priest-like. Monk-like, the fighting Monk. And then the first time you see them at work at the beginning of the Phantom Menace, you were like, 'ohmigod, these guys were ****ing pimp!' They took their sabers and they did **** that you always wanted to see them do, like drive it into steel and cut **** open, like just taking the top off a can. Amazing ****. And more hardcore.

Yeah, I was like seeing that! And then again, and again, and again... Chopping off "roger-roger" drois, wow. [/i][hr]

AIMA!!! Thelo AIMA! Giati den mou to edoses MA./\AKA £uca$?!?!?!?!?!?!

[hr][i]Oh, yeah, the Jedi Outcast series is fantastic, I can gush about it for days! I read in one magazine that they should make it fully interactional, a VR experience, where you use the Force and a lightsaber in a near life-like enviroment. You know what I mean, holding an ACTUAL saber hilt on your hand, while your moves are transferred to the game...[/i][hr]

Kati tetoio den ginetai ka stis tsontes? TOn vazeis sto xeri sou kai fantazesai ti gomena sta tessera kai arxizeis: Pao ligo mpros, pao ligo piso... :D

[hr][i]Fortunately,

9. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001
    EKTAKTH ANAKOINOSH:

[i]In other news, some of my kids (at work) were in line for a few days to buy tickets for 'Revenge of the Sith' and I let them buy two for me (and my girlfriend).
    Only yesterday when studying the ticket did I notice it is for the midnight opening. This means that I will only have four hours of sleep that night before work - although I think it will be zero hours, because [b]I will need to process all the mistakes, and continuity mess-ups[/b].[/i][hr]

10. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001

[i]Since you're saying the story was actually contributed by the art department, I don't want to hear you saying that Anakin's turn doesn't work because of Lucas. It's now the fault of the art department.

In fact you just reinforced the long standing basher argument yourself. We've always said Lucas didn't invest enough in the story. Hell, he didn't invest anything to the story of the PT. It's still his fault no matter how you spin it. Plot and characters are nothing more than a means to an end for Lucas now. Post production is all that Lucas really cares about anymore.

I remember an old skit on SNL with Mike Myers many years ago. "Welcome to all things scottish." Just put Lucas in Myers role. "Welcome to all things CGI. If it's not CGI, IT'S CRAP!" [/i][hr]

/:)

[hr][i]********, thank you for the Narnia link! I'm all over that trailer, in spite of the fact that it's blurry. Things are looking very, very good for Narnia. If only the ROTS trailers got my blood pumping so.[/i][hr]

EE? [b]If only the ROTS trailers got my blood pumping so[/b]

kai pou thes na estelne aima i kardia sou otan evlepes to PoutS?

Kai gia na mi ksexniomaste ;)

[hr][i]ROTS will make only between $200 and $250 million because Darth Vader (the suit, not that punk Hayden) is hardly in the movie at all. Lucas?s advertising for ROTS (with Vader plastered all over) is [b]nothing less than an outright lie[/b].[/i][hr]

[hr][i]However, if you believe that Lucas is arrogant now, just wait'll next Monday morning when it's obvious he's just made one of the biggest successes of his entire career. ROTS is so well-done by Lucas and there's so much anticipation about it, it is going to FLATTEN all box office competition for weeks to come. He's already getting some of the best reviews of his career, and he's going to crush plenty of box office records with this movie. The guy has done something right.

That's what they said about TPM and look how mixed its looked back on. It's too early to say anything definitive right now, so you might not want to get too ahead of yourself. They've said that about every Star Wars prequel, "Oh, this is gonna be the one," it's all happening like it did back with AOTC and TPM. The early reviews were positive, but once more people see it, it's gonna be more indicative. Just saying, mind what you say, it may very well make you look foolish in the future.[/i][hr]

Oi B.A.S.H.E.R.'s den einai xanoi na xaftoun oti MA/\AKIA vgalei o £uca$!

[hr][i]I watched the trailer for THE LION, THE WITCH & THE WARDROBE on television last night on a good screen. It looked
    a) awesome
    b) like Lord of the Rings [/i][hr]

Eipame: allo o xrisos (LOTR) kai allo ta skata (£uca$)

[hr][i] caved in and watched the ROTS trailer.
    How is this the greatest Star Wars trailer ever?
    I didn't care about it at all. I just didn't care. At least I got excited when I watched the trailers for AOTC and TPM.
    And almost everything is revealed in the trailer. It just smacks of desperation. The music was also weak.
    I really don't understand what's so great about that trailer. Yeah, some of the visuals were nice. So what?

There has been nothing about the trailers, pictures, spoilers, and script that has made me look forward to ROTS. AOTC really killed it for me.
    ROTS may be the best prequel, it may even be a good movie, but it's too late.[/i][hr]

[hr][i]Indeed, excellent AOTC bashing! Ahh, it's good to be back in the Sanctuary. You know, I'm of the belief that it's been all down hill since TPM. Some say AOTC was an improvement, but I personally don't think so. For all its flaws, I do think TPM is at least a fun movie. AOTC, on the other hand, is the definition of monotony. It's one of the most soulless and empty productions I've ever laid eyes on.

I have a feeling EIII may at least be slightly better in the technical areas and won't be quite as boring. My impression is that it trumps even AOTC in weak storytelling, shameless pandering, CGI excess, and general offensiveness to common s

11. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001

[i]I think that's why Lucas hasn't been trying too hard lately. He just plugs in the requisite explosions and voila! Box office smash.[/i][hr]

[hr][i]ROTS will make only between $200 and $250 million because Darth Vader (the suit, not that punk Hayden) is hardly in the movie at all. Lucas?s advertising for ROTS (with Vader plastered all over) is nothing less than an outright lie.[/i][hr]

[hr][i]This feels exactly like May 2002. Truth to tell, I don't think ROTS will settle down into its proper place until late this year...

...just in time for Lucas to get mauled by Peter Jackson one more time.[/i][hr]

Eipame, allo skata (£uca$) kai allo xrisos (Jackson)

[hr][i]ROTS will make only between $200 and $250 million because Darth Vader (the suit, not that punk Hayden) is hardly in the movie at all. Lucas?s advertising for ROTS (with Vader plastered all over) is nothing less than an outright lie.[/i][hr]

[hr][i]We don't know how the tide can turn. This is set to be a darker film, and many who gave poor reviews the first two times are getting more or less what they wanted out of ROTS. While this may gain the film support, it could stand to lose some from reviewers who liked the first two and feel this film deviates from the "Star Wars feel," so chances are, this could very well turn out to be like AOTC all over again. Only time will tell.[/i][hr]

[hr][i]Scenes 132-140
    Obi-Wan gets his saber back from commander Cody, and joins the battle. Cody receives Order 66 from Sidious, and orders his men to blast Obi-Wan, who falls to the bottom of a water filled sinkhole

On several location throughout the galaxy clones (including Clone number 1138) get the personal message from Sidious to execute Order 66. It's silly that Sidious personally talks to every clone commander. Wouldn't he be busy for a whole week, contacting all the clones all over the galaxy? I hope that in the movie we'll just get a montage without the talking.
    For the rest this is pretty good.

Yoda senses the death of the other jedi.
    The battle appears to be over and Wookiees are stacking up destroyed droids.
    The clones then kill some more Jedi (apparently Yoda was not the only Jedi on Kashyyyk), and also on other worlds.

Scenes 135-142
    Sidious orders another commander to do Order 66 (we get it by now, George), this time the commander close to where Yoda is.
    On Kashyyyk a battle rages on. I thought that a few scenes ago the battle was over. I guess that was another battle on Kashyyyk. A bit weird.
    Yoda of course transforms into Yo-Da-Man and jumps up and lightsaber slashes the clones.
    Wookiees Tarfull and Chewbacca help him.
    Chewie picks up Yoda and carries him away...I guess this is where we get the stuff with Yoda on Chewie's back and Chewie doing the Tarzan yell. Thanks George. This sucks.

Scenes 143-145
    In the temple Anakin and clones kill Jedi, and Anakin finds some kids and ignites his saber...
    This is supposed to be serious and dark and scary, but moments before we had the stupid Chewie and Yo-Da-Man stuff...

Scenes 146-149
    Padmé is crying as she sees smoke rising from the temple, and at the temple Bail Organa checks out what is going on, but is send away by clones. He sees a young jedi padawan fight clones and get killed. The name of the padawan: Zett Jucassa. Yes, little Lucas Junior...
    Bail is shot at and escapes.
    Whatever.

Scene 150
    Obi-Wan has escaped but is still somewhere in the city, with some CG droids and monsters...
    Whatever.

Scene 151-153
    Yoda, Chewie, and Tarfull fight some clones and escape, and Yoda had covered himself with mud and takes a bath... then rides on the back of a large, flying insect.
    Hopefully cut.
    Yoda says goodbye to his good friends Chewbacca and Tarfull and takes off with a Wookiee escape pod.
    Such bad, pointless stuff. The whole Wookiee stuff was so pointless. An excuse to get Yoda away from Coruscant while Anakin went evil. The battle scenes may look great, but it's clone wars cartoon stuff. Not well integrated into the

12. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    ^ Em, Obi... [face_worried] Gia plisiase na sou pw kati st' afti... [face_shhh] oi alloi.
    Re prosehe! Afto ehei polla spoiler, ki egw den tolmisa na katsw na ta diavasw ola, sto prwto frikara... Eipame, min to parahesoume kai ta mathoum' ola... Vaze kammia proeidopoiisi, o Ker-Soth th' aftoktonisei!
    Twra, mhm *clears throat*, tha ithela na pw tin tapeini mou gnwmi gia tin gif-tia ;):

AW, ****IN' AWSOME!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: O Theos den perpataei... PETAEI!!! [face_hypnotized] OUAOU!!! :cool: OUAOU!!! Ehw meinei =P~ brosta stin othoni... O SIDIOUS EINAI THEOS, PANW TOUS TA 'KANAN OI TZENTAI M' AFTIN TIN TOYMBA!!! [face_hypnotized] OYAOU!!! STO SINEMA THA 'NAI K*VLA!!! AAAA, YSTERIA!!!

13. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001
    Exeis dikio, alla me afta pou kanei o £uca$, xano ti logiki mou!

[i]Lucas quote: 'Now when you see Darth Vader walk into that ship at the beginning of Episode IV, you'll go, "Oh, that poor guy! He's still in the suit!"'[/i][hr]

[hr][i]where did you read that ROTS has 4600 effects shots? I thought it was something like 2100. In either case, that's way, way too many. (The 1977 SW film has 360 effects shots.)[/i][hr]

Ego ama ekana ti PT, den tha evaza katholou CG

[hr][i]I wish Lucas had filmed on location. Star Wars looks great on location. For some reason he prefers to CG environs that are found naturally anyway.

NO location filming for ROTS.[/i][hr]

Gia stasou re file, den paraponiosaste kamposes selides piso oti o Naboo thimizei Anagennisiaki Italia? TOra ti thes loaction filming?

[hr][i]Saw that Narnia trailer. Thanks for the link.

CG Aslan? I'll take the BBC puppet over that anyday. It looks fake.

... how about using a real lion?[/i][hr]

REAL LION!!!!!1!~1

BUAHAHAHAHA!!!!111!!~1

[hr][i]The arena battle: There's supposed to be a dramatic build up to the arena scene, when Padme suddenly declears that she infact loves Anakin. I allways thought it would have been more dramatic if they simply had them (Anakin,Obi and Padme) stand there and then order a fireing squadron to excecute them. And then at the last moment the Jedi would come and rescue them. But now it's like a bad Austin Powers joke:
    Nute: Why don't we just shoot them?
    Dooku: Oh no! I think it's far more cruel if we let them drown in nausating cgi sequence and have these silly monsters chase them around the arena. And then we'll just assume that they died.

And about the Jedi's; The way they enter the arena is simply retarted.(And I'm not even mentioning the fact that they had no plan what so ever) Here they are; keepers of the peace practically provoking people to attack them. They strike poses going "Damn I look good with the lightsaber" and "This party is over" Instead of trying to disarm the situation. To me it seemed like they were begging to start a fight. And then during the fight I could have sworn that I saw a few of them smileing. They where having fun! Unbelievable. Did you ever think that Luke enjoyed killing people with his lightsaber? (Or robots for that matter). [/i][hr]

[hr][i]Obviously this assassination attempt finally woke up the Jedi, and now there will be an investigation, and Padmé needs to use public transportation, where she will travel together with loads of unknown people, and go to a location where she won't be found:

Add to this silliness that after a hectic-death-defying chase through the cities---without actually really SEEING Zam in the first place, they chase her/it and capture her. Well, after catching Zam, and she is killed, they look up and SEE Jango flying off with his backpack!!! First, the SEE him, and he's not going any faster than a dang speeder... the speeder Anakin borrowed is parked only a few meters away---WHY DON'T THEY JUST CONTINUE THE CHASE!!!??? I mean, if they had that much luck with Zam who had a bigger lead on them, they shouldn't have ANY TROUBLE with catching up with Jango.

Sheesh![/i][hr]

Akoute tin orgi enos apogoitevmenou fan?

[hr][i]there are people who believe Star Wars should be a PG franchise. To them, it's worked for five films, so they might not be too pleased with one that isn't in the same spirit, where the franchise stayed above the use of gratuitous violence to make a point. I'm not

14. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    ^ Egw ena ehw na pw:

AW, ****IN' AWSOME!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: O Theos den perpataei... PETAEI!!! [face_hypnotized] OUAOU!!! :cool: OUAOU!!! Ehw meinei =P~ brosta stin othoni... O SIDIOUS EINAI THEOS, PANW TOUS TA 'KANAN OI TZENTAI M' AFTIN TIN TOYMBA!!! [face_hypnotized] OYAOU!!! STO SINEMA THA 'NAI K*VLA!!! AAAA, YSTERIA!!!

15. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001
    Ah, but I've always said that ROTS will have a huge opening weekend. I think it will be bad word-of-mouth ("No Vader!") that will kill ROTS. I think each week will pull in only half of what the previous week brought in, something like this:

week 1: $120 million
    week 2: $60 million
    week 3: $30 million
    week 4: $15 million
    week 5: $7 million
    week 6: $3 million
    week 7: $1 million
    and only peanuts after that

Total: $236 million

But who knows? Perhaps George Lucas and I will be surprised. <<shrugs>>

[hr][i]Re: OT characters in the PT, wasn't Bib Fortuna with Jabba before the pod race in TPM? I'm not sure because blood was gushing from my eyes by that point, but if so that'd be 15. It's actually easier to count the OT main characters that aren't in the PT (barring any spoilery surprises).[/i[hr]

[hr][i]Lucas : "The problem is that the fans just want Darth Vader to run around with a lighsaber killing everyone. Even in episode I they just wanted Darth killing people, and they were extremely disappointed."

*Sigh*

He really has got no idea has he.
    How's that for patronizing.[/i][hr]

A r e£uca$... Na min ksereis ti thene oi fans... :|

[hr][i]No, I only wanted a series of films as good as your previous efforts, and that didn't try and take every opporunity to screw them over.[/i][hr]

[hr][i]You're not the first to be disheartened by that quote. To me, that completely summarized how out of touch Lucas is with his fans.

The tragic irony of that statement is that he's giving us just that in AOTC and ROTS, except not in the Vader costume[/i][hr]

[hr][i]George is always over-the-top with the over-simplification, "WE WANT MORE VADER KILLING KIDS"!!!? Not so much George....

We want a nice, natural progression from being a good Jedi to pushing the limits to doing the wrong things for the "right reasons" to being the evil Darth Vader. The problem is that the character fast forwarded past "pushing the limits" to outright evil in the blink of an eye.

How can he not get it? We need the back drop of the Clone Wars to make sense of Anakin's fall. We need to see his training and trials to get a sense of where things went wrong earlier. Of course, we want things to tie to the OT in a clever fassion. We need character progression actually built into the story, not added as after thoughts in pickup shots and CGI tweaks.

An outline, a timeline, a story board, a script, etc... are these too much to ask for?[/i][hr]

[hr][i]He sounds like he favors this thing called artistic restraint and pure storytelling and integrity, but the prequels have ignored that and have become an over-the-top mess, violating and contradicting here and there and crammed with things to push the right buttons on certain people. "This party's over" -- such as terrible 80s action movie cliche has still managed to find its way into SW. This junky line would've never been in ESB. There is nothing in ESB that so flagrantly plays to the audience like that. But lines like these, those affectionate winks to the audience are found aplenty in the PT. I'm glad Lucas has kept the tradition of these one-liners alive for us. Arnold Schwarzenegger would be proud. "Stick around" "You're fired." "Hasta la Vista, Baby." "You're terminated." "I'll be back!"

"There have been atleast 2 or 3 calling it a masterpiece and 1 called it the best movie to be released in 25 years."

That was an awful review. That guy was practically drowning in his own hyperboles. I doubt he's even seen enough films to make that statement. I don't even think he's a shade older than 16 years old judging from that review!

And the other reviews, while positive, still call ROTS clumsy at times, uneven, and that certain "boring" parts still have to be tolerated. The acting and dialogue, two of the greatest thorns in these prequels, still returns in ROTS. These reviews sound like a chorus, something we've heard before in the reviews of AOTC and TPM. "Nice action, nice effects, but you have to sit through

16. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001

[i]It is also certain that ROTS will not be as good as SW or ESB.

I don't think that will ever happen for me either. Those films occupy this near-mythical place known as my childhood.[/i][hr]

Eiani afto pou leme: O £uca$ mou viase ti paidiki ilikia!!!11!11!1!11

17. Obi-Kris_Kenobi

Obi-Kris_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2002
    Epeidi kykloforw kai egw sto Basher's Sanctuary kai grafw polles fores (estw kai an den brizw ton Lucas), den nomizw oti ta paidia pou grafoun ekei exoun panta adiko (i dikio). Ta Prequels einai poly kala, to ROTS mallon tha einai gamato alla exw tin aisthisi oti tha mporousan na ginoun POLY kalytera, pio epika kai pio sygkrotimena san tainies. An katsei kapoios na dei ti mporouse na ginei kalytera i na min ginei katholou sta prequels, tha brei polla. Den eimai yper akraiwn katastastewn tou styl "den ksanablepw tainia Star Wars POTE!" i "den paw na dw to ROTS, giati tha einai patata". Alla kapoia pragmata einai apla kai me koini logiki tha eprepe na einai basika stoixeia tis neas trilogias.

Parte gia paradeigma ton Obi-Wan, otan milaei me ton Luke sto "A New Hope". Tou leei gia ton patera tou, gia to pws o theios tou den ithele na fygei apo ton Tattoine, gia to pws o Anakin eipe ston Obi-Wan na dwsei to saber tou ston Luke, gia to pws itan oi KALYTEROI filoi kai alla tosa, POU POTE DEN GINONTAI STA PREQUELS!

- O Obi-Wan ekpaideytike apo ton Yoda - POU? POTE? Otan itan 5 xronwn, prin ton analabei o Qui-Gon gia poso, 25 xronia?

- O Anakin pote den itan o "ikanoteros pilotos" pou eixe dei o Obi-Wan (ayto mallon ginetai sta prwta 5 lepta tou ROTS, alla pleon einai arga), oute epathe tin plaka tou me tin ikanotita tou sti Dynami (ekane o Anakin kati pou kaneis allos Jedi na min exei kanei ws twra? Ektos apo sex me tin Padme ;)).

Ektos apo senariakes adynamies, pou en merei tis sygxwrw alla tha protimousa na min yparxoun, den mporw na blepw ton Yoda na kanei sboures me to saber tou enantia ston Dooku i ton Palpatine. Giati na min einai o Anakin aytos pou tha ekane ayta ta kolpa?

18. gianakin

gianakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2004
    ---Parte gia paradeigma ton Obi-Wan, otan milaei me ton Luke sto "A New Hope". Tou leei gia ton patera tou, gia to pws o theios tou den ithele na fygei apo ton Tattoine, gia to pws o Anakin eipe ston Obi-Wan na dwsei to saber tou ston Luke, gia to pws itan oi KALYTEROI filoi kai alla tosa, POU POTE DEN GINONTAI STA PREQUELS!

Tou leei psemmata(gia to fotospatho) gia na ton kanei na figei.Oso gia to kaliteroi filoi,ego den peistika pote oti o Han k o Luke einai alithinoi filoi.Polla apo afta fainontai ektos tainion sta vivlia k ta comics.

---O Obi-Wan ekpaideytike apo ton Yoda - POU? POTE? Otan itan 5 xronwn, prin ton analabei o Qui-Gon gia poso, 25 xronia?

Ontos tripoula afto,alla siga to xontro lathos.Kalitera kollaei afto sto thread me to ti den mas aresei sto SW.

---O Anakin pote den itan o "ikanoteros pilotos" pou eixe dei o Obi-Wan (ayto mallon ginetai sta prwta 5 lepta tou ROTS, alla pleon einai arga), oute epathe tin plaka tou me tin ikanotita tou sti Dynami (ekane o Anakin kati pou kaneis allos Jedi na min exei kanei ws twra? Ektos apo sex me tin Padme wink ).

Ektos tainion k pali fainetai,an k mallon o Lucas ennoouse ta Podraces k meta tis maxes stous polemous.Oso gia tin Dinami,afto eksigithike sta midi-chlorians pou o Kenobi eipe oti "popo,einai pio polla k apo ton Yoda!".

---den mporw na blepw ton Yoda na kanei sboures me to saber tou enantia ston Dooku i ton Palpatine. Giati na min einai o Anakin aytos pou tha ekane ayta ta kolpa?

Afto einai thema tou kathenos na se po tin alitheia.Alla opos egine stin tainia,otan o Dooku einai etoimos na skotosei tous 2 Jedi,tha itheles na ginei kati iroiko teftaia stigmi a la Hollywood i a la Ep1 pou ekane o ObiWan k efage ton Maul(pou emena den me epeise KATHOLOU) i opos irthe o Yoda na MIN prospathisei na sosei tous filous tou gia na mi xalasei to image tyou sofou gerou?Mono logiko mou fainetai afto pou ekane k gia mena o Yooda den exase ixnos sofias.Oso gia ton Palps,kapoios prepei na stamatisei(i na prospathisei na stamatisei) tous Sith.Poios tha mporouse na anteksei enantia ston Palps,o Kenobi,apo tous epizontes?Mpaa....:)

Genika,o Lucas ta eksigei,alla den idronei kiolas dioti den ton noiazei.Prospathei na vgalei freskes tainies k na kanei mia sindesoula k me ta palia k afto den me xalaei k katalavaino k to skeptiko tou.Kirios sto Ep3 tha einai oi polles sindeseis,eite faneres eite iponnooumenes.Ta dika mou 2 cents toulaxiston(all genika nomizo oti kalitera na to pame sto allo thread to olo thema,kathos exeis endiaferouses enstaseis,edo ton vrizoume ton gamimeno ton karioli ton kolopoustara ton Luca$!!!))

19. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
    ^ Synehaw st' allo, magges, gia peraste...

20. Starkeiller

Dec 5, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.