JCC Tell me about your Halloween costumez

Discussion in 'Community' started by Whitey, Sep 28, 2012.

1. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I have one, I just need proper boots for it. Planning to wear it on November 5th

I might do Rorschach this year, there are lots of costumes I want to do such as Lord Zedd but they are too difficult and expensive to be practical. So I normally just rotate the few costumes I have.
  2. DantheJedi Force Ghost

star 5
    I've always thought it would neat to dress up as Baron Harkonnen from the David Lynch version of Dune, since I have the figure and hair color for it, but the idea of dressing up as what would in essence be a pedophile....nah.

I've also thought it would be neat to dress up as The Penguin, but while I have the figure for it, I'm too tall.
  3. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    The effort and the impression are what matter, not the accuracy.
    WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  4. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8

THIS is a pretty damn good explanation of the difference between Cosplay and Costuming.
  5. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Halloween = an excuse to take the lightsaber out.
  6. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    You need an excuse to take out your lightsaber? :p

And precisely why I never go to conventions in costume, people nitpick about the colour or weapon size/detail and whatever else. I have no interest in spending hundreds on a perfectly source-accurate costume I might wear once or twice, I want to have a good time on a budget because dressing up is meant to be for fun.

And as long as people know what you are supposed to be the rest doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by SithLordDarthRichie, Sep 28, 2012
  7. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    And don't forget a raving lunatic, cancerous face, perverted homosexual and a heartplug.

Just try to stay away from anyone with a tooth.
  8. Sauntaero Force Ghost

star 4
    I was all set to order a costume to go as Uhura but then I realised I haven't been invited to any parties yet. :( So that idea's on hold. If I stay home, I'll just do what I do every year and dress up like witch to hand out candy.
  9. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
  10. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Zombie Randy "macho man" Savage
  11. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    One of these days, I am going to make a Medusa costume. Saw one in a Halloween store one year (it was $100) when I happened to be costume shopping with my SF Fan Force buddies (they were shopping, I was just tagging along). I'd have to buy the snake wig, of course, but the basic snake body costume I could make.
  12. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Ahahaha, that would be great. I'd pay money to see you in a leather jacket :p However, I propose that you get a long coat and scarf and be Sherlock. You kind of have the hair for it :p

Personally I always find costumes too expensive for what they are. I have a friend who keeps proposing that we go as Sherlock/Watson or Ten/Eleven or even the cast of Reservoir Dogs. But all would require buying a lot of things and meh.

I think what I should do is dress normally and carry a fob watch. Then pretend to only have a vague memory of my childhood.
    Last edited by solojones, Oct 5, 2012
  13. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I'll likely stay home and hand out stuff for the trick or treaters, but I'm toying with at least dressing up as River Song in The Impossible Astronaut. I've got a jacket and jeans that are similar to the one she wore on that beach and I can always curl up my hair and pin it up if need be.

That or Love and Monsters Rose.
  14. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Yeah, the expense is what would keep me from putting together such costumes. Behind my natural curmudgeonliness, of course.
  15. Yo_Raja Jedi Master

star 4
    I've seen "Clockwork Orange" recently, and if there's a Halloween party this year, I'll go with the classy white outfit and a bowler hat. I like it because it's somehow androgynous.

(although some googling has quickly proven that any costume can, and will, be turned skanky)
  16. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
  17. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Having just recently returned from a cruise (aboard Oasis of the Seas), I didn't have as much time as I anticipated to get a Halloween costume in time for my upcoming annual Halloween party. I originally wanted to go as Batman (as several of my guest will be appearing as Batman characters). Alas, my costume hunt has been fruitless. All that's left on store shelves are those ridiculously bulky "muscled" Batman suits, which are just clunky and dumb. The masks are lame, and the capes are too short and thin.

So then I broadened my search to the Internet (something I've never before done for a costume or anything clothing related). I finally found an acceptable Batsuit and a reasonable price--but was warned by various reviews to beware the crappy cape and mask. So I then searched for a separate cowl and cape. This became a very tedious, very time-consuming process (as I read all the reviews, researched various prices, etc).

I finally made my decisions and placed an order totaling something like $80. Mind you, I was still going to have to make modifications to the costume so that I could flawlessly integrate it with my additional accessories (separate mask, gauntlets, cape, etc).
    The purchase left me a bit bitter, so I continued browsing the Internet until I came upon this. Never before had I ever seen such an Assassin's Creed costume at so low a price (especially one that actually looked so decent). Most of those Ezio costumes I've seen are always close to $300. So I went ahead and ordered it--and received an additional 25percent off.

Color me excited.

(Not sure what happened to my text in that last paragraph...)
  18. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Sexy Guardian of Arlon.
    Ender_Sai likes this.
  19. Obi-Zahn Kenobi Chosen One

star 7
    Well, I can always do a young Lord Voldemort again:

[IMG]

Mormon is always an easy one to do.

[IMG]

Priest is easy - grab a missal, a rosary, and a white piece of cardboard:

[IMG]

Although maybe me and my cousin could be Mr. Fantastic?

[IMG]
  20. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm planning to dress up as Indiana Jones. Which will be great, because I have both of my archaeology classes that day.
  21. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    Randy "macho man" Savage
    OH YEAH!
  22. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Vin you already posted that in here.

Anyways I've switched from catwoman to just a cat. Yay laziness.
  23. tom Chosen One

star 6
    you would think the woman part would be the easier bit to pull off.
    Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  24. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Just got one of the key accessories for this year's Halloween costume...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    RC-1991 likes this.
  25. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7