main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tell us about your customs

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Goo_Child, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    The one i'm making right now is a Rodien Jedi. (if this has been posted before just tell me.)

2. DAKAI_SERAKI

DAKAI_SERAKI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    I'm working on jaster and montross from the Jango fett:eek:pen seasons comic book series.

3. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I have quite a few that I have been working on. I am making a Count Dooku Jedi Master, a NJO Jedi Master Luke, and when I get around to it, an anonymous background Jedi Knight. I am also working on a Lando Calrissian custom, but that isn't going to well right now.

4. yavinjabba

yavinjabba Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    I've made a bunch in the last few weeks:

A White Clone Trooper out of a red clone body

Anakin Skywalker(w/ Cloak--the cloak and arms from the Saga Qui Gon everything else from Hanger Duel Ani)

Obi Wan Kenobi (Geonosis Battle--put the pilot body on a Coruscant head)

Obi Wan Kenobi (AOTC Jedi Master--head and torso from the flipping Obi; arms, legs and cloak from the TPM Naboo Obi. fixed the tunic so it wouldn't stick out. Am really proud of this one)

Barris Offee (Jedi Apprentice--First Leia body, Ewok celebration head, random blue lightsaber, dark blue paint and cloth)

Depa Billaba (Jedi Master--Bespin Escape Leia head, Ewok Celebration body, random cloth cloak)

Count Dooku (Jedi Master to Qui Gon Jinn--repainted a Qui Gon figure as to what I'd believe a younger Dooku whould look like)

Qui Gon Jinn (Jedi Apprentice--took the braids from a TPM Obi figure and a GIJOE head)

Jedi Knight from a Dash Rendar head

Ithorian Jedi Master--Hammerhead with the pilot Obi cloak. fits great :)

Rodian Jedi Master--Doda from the max Rebo band

Duros Jedi Master

Quarran Jedi Master--Tessek figure

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    yavinjabba, i bet you to it with your anakin custom, its not painted yet, but heres the address:

http://www.geocities.com/mpharvey2000/Anakin.html

its my freinds site, so feel free to take a look around

6. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    Hey I've seen that custom done before, many times.

My Rodin is from the Wal Mart Greedo, and Nikto Jedi Body.

7. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Sounds cool

8. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    Thanks

9. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I'm just working on nameless figures I have thought of as my self or my wife.

I took a sith training maul and painted him completly a pale gray and shaved of his arm bands and horns I then gave him to braids that hang from his temples that are braided embroidery thread and the super glued to make them stay in place.I then repainted his cloak a very dark purple and re touched his blade handle painted his blade a dark neon purple .

the other one I have been working on is of my wife .I used a padme arena escape cut off the hair bun and arm bands repainted from head to toe removed the chincy little holster and replaced it with the extra blade from a qui gon from EP1. I used a gloss black for the pants to amke it look like the shinny cat suit stuff gave it a blue top and some flat black boot's. look out mara jade theres a new hot jedi chick in the figure case.

10. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Anyone got any pics of their customs, eppcially of your wife Chunk ;)

11. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    ok, I decided my Rodian is Jovan Drark, from Star By Star. Does anyone know what color 'saber he had?

12. spaced_oddity_2002

spaced_oddity_2002 Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2002
    yavin-jabba, you have been busy...
    Way to go!

My '95 Vader has a saber made from a pipe cleaner - is a very vivid red color, and
    you can almost hear it humming!

Painted an outfit onto one of Jabba's dancers (the light gray/blue Twi'lek one),
    to become a Post-ROTJ/EU Jedi knight.

13. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    no word on his 'saber color yet?

14. Savle_Sostas

Savle_Sostas Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2001
    That Anakin custom is pretty good, but Anakin has a black cloak in AOTC and I think its more of a cape (doesn't have arms) though I can't be sure. Anyway, why not take a Tatooine Attack Anakin and the soft goods cape from the Darth Maul Sith Speeder figure, it looks really.

15. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    than Savle, i assume your referring to me :)

Anyway, Anakins clock in AOTC is a very very very dark brown, a lor browner than qui-gons, however, im not really much of a custimiser (SP?), the only reason i did it is becuase i found an old Naboo Qui-Gon and my cleaner broke my first anakins arm, grrrr, so i just made it really quickly, so I don't really intend on spending any money to make it better, since, personally, i don't care about it

Thanx for the compliment though ;)

16. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Dudes, my typing sucks bigtime

17. jedidavid

jedidavid Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2000
    I made a 12" custom Slave Leia. Took the head and costume from the standard issue Leia and put it all on a "Charlies Angels" body.

I think the body is made by Jaaks Pacific and it looks WAY better than the Hasbro body. I found paint in the craft department at Walmart that exactly matched the body so I was able to "delete" the white bikini bottoms on the doll and add some gold details to mimic the one in the movie. I saw this done somewhere on the net and thought I'd give it a try.

If someone else does this make sure you don't use the Drew Barrymore doll as it comes with a tatoo on the belly. I used the Cameron Diaz doll and it came out great. There are no exposed hip or knee joints but it's still poasable which really improves this figure.

I also made a 12" Endor Leia using a Hoth Leia, some GI Joe and Soldiers of the World uniform pieces and a custom poncho made out of a camoflage bandanna. When the 12"Luke speederbike got marked way down I bought one and put her on it wearing Lukes helmet. Again, not very complicated, but I was very happy with the result. I've got a lot of respect for some of the customs I've seen. I wish I was that talented.

18. Lily-Wan

Lily-Wan Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2002
    I recently started making customs out of Barbie/Ken-type dolls. I have made little Boba and OT Boba, Zam, Aurra Sing, and an Emperor's Royal Guard. I sew the clothes and I used the Pez dispensor head for adult Boba which worked very well.

19. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    I'm still trying to figure out how to make a nice custom of the anakin with the blade in his arm...might even buy an extra figure of him somewhere and paint the arm of that one to make it look right...

BTW, Anakin had a very dark brown Jedi Cloak in AotC. It wasn't quite black, but it was a very very DARK brown.

20. DAKAI_SERAKI

DAKAI_SERAKI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    Lily-wan, that sounds really cool! Post pics!

21. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I didn't do it... but I saw on eBay a Darth Vader with a 3 piece removable mask like in ROTJ. It went for like $20.

22. Goo_Child

Jul 31, 2002
    has anyone done Jedi Leia?

23. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I have done a Jedi Leia.

24. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
  25. DAKAI_SERAKI