main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Tell us about yourself, Episode II

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Oola started this thread ages ago, but the original has been locked (from neglect, how sad) Since so many new people have joined us lately, I thought I'd unearth the thread . . .

So, tell us all about yourselves! :D

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    //stands up
    Hi I'm Terry or Rox either one is fine.
    I'm from McKees Rocks but I'm in the process of moving to Beaver Falls. I graduate from Pittsbugh Technical School in July and hope to become a professional web designer.

3. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    *after Rox is done & sits*...Hello, I'm Tony. I'm originally from Rochester and have been transplanted to Kittanning. Been a SW Fan since '77. I go by the simple phylosiphy of "work & play"...I've been working in Cranberry Twp. for 16 yrs.,mostly to support my hobby, I suppose (grinning).I have a 3 yr old daughter who can tell me most every SW character,(NO way I was ever THAT smart at 3).My latest passion is creating SW costumes & props from scratch.

4. Lando_Da_Pimp

Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm new here so here I go. My name is Joe. I am senior graphic designer in a design firm in Pittsburgh. I live in Washington Pa. My favorite of the holy trilogy's is Empire.

5. BlackSunBDP

BlackSunBDP Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    Well, my name is Dan, but most people know me as Big Daddy Payne, or BDP. I'm 28 and from McKeesport.

Obviously, Star Wars is an obsession of mine, but it's not my only one. I also completely adore Buffy the Vampire Slayer, WWF wrestling, and ANYTHING dealing with my favorite rock band, Iron Maiden.

I also love roleplaying, reading the SW novels, and writing my own Star Wars stories.

6. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    ::Stands up and looks around::
    Well, hi. I'm Chris. I'm 19, gonna be 20 in 10 days. I currently live just south of Butler in a town called Gibsonia. If you haven't heard of it, don't worry, most people haven't. But this fall, I'll be returning to college, most likely back to California University of Pennsylvania. Once back there, I intend on returning to my show on the college radio station, Power 92. I'm hoping to get a job in some kind of entertainment capacity; wether it be an on-air DJ, television or movie production, a stagehand on broadway, etc. Anything else you wanna know about me, just ask.

7. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I know where Gibsonia is! My sister lived there a few years ago.

8. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Um hi...
    My name is Angela, and I'm sad to say I've gone to the "other side" ;) Meaning Eastern Pennsylvania. Anyway, I'm 15, and a web junkie.

I personally prefer Western PA, I used to live in Homer City, a little hick town near Indiana, PA. ;) Pittsburgh's a great town, I used to go to games down there all the time, go for field trips, and my Dad ran in the Great Race. So now I'm over near Philly, but hey, I'm still a big WPA supporter. 'Sides, we have more SW fans. :D

9. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    <<waves from the back>>

I'm Matt, 25, from the Strip District. I grew up here, moved to Washington, D.C. for my undergraduate degree, and moved back in 1998 for graduate school. I'm currently doing clinical rotations at St. Francis Medical Center.

I do freelance webdesign and photography *cough* , and am a maestro of the barbecue...

10. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    //peeps up from the shadows

Hi, I'm Liz and I live in Squirrel Hill (that's right near Oakland). I'm a high schooler but I attend some Pitt classes at night. I got into SW from ST:TNG and am one of those strange ppl who read the novelizations b4 seeing the movies. I consider myself a fan from the SEs (pay no attention to the registration date. ;) :p) And that's just about all there is to it. :)

11. Oola_Twilek

Oola_Twilek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2000
    Hola, I am Kelly, I am 20 years old, married, a graphic designer, and will be graduating form Pittsburgh Technical Institute in October. Thats about it nothing exciting going on here. Did we decide where we are going to see the movie at yet???

12. nithrak_tewl

nithrak_tewl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Greetings fellow WPA Star Wars junkies!

My name's Grant, and though I attend college at PSU, my permanent address is in Uniontown, PA, which is south of tha burgh.

In 3 weeks I'll be graduating from college with an MIS degree, and I need a job! So if some of you working stiffs have any leads for IS/IT, a PM would be much appreciated.

Anyway, I'm a regular over at the Role Playing Forum, which is my current obsession. At least until the weather gets nice and I can start golfing again.

13. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Hi all guess I've been gone long enough to be a new guy.

Alright I'm Tom from Elderton its a little town between Kittanning and Indiana how little you ask? I'll quote one of my friends "You can stand at the welcome to sign and see the other side of town"

I've basically been a Star wars fan most of my 16 yrs of life. I'm mostly a prop and costumer but I do occassionaly collect the toys. I play some of the games mostly the x-wings series and jedi knight series innessently but I haven't got Outcast yet.

I'm also in charge of the local branch of the Dewback Wing a costuming and RPing group.
    I'm known to them as Maniac and am in charge of the Untouchable Commando unit.

what else to say... Well I'm a dishwasher at a resturant in elderton. And I'm a black belt at C.S. Kim Karate.

Personal ad complete.

14. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    It is GOOD to see you back, corran.

15. up2win

up2win Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2001
    Hey guys and gals of the Pittsburgh area. My name is Mike and I am 30 years old(Just turned it so dont get funny..haha) I grew up in Mckeesport and just moved to Munhall near Kennywood. I have been collecting since the beginning of time. Vintage, and newer stuff. Opened and Carded. I am the administrator of the Pittsburgh Star Wars Collectors club, a reporter/contact for Deathstarplans.com, a member of PSWCS, and a member of the Pittsburgh Fan Force. I look forward to meeting all of you at the Comicon in April of the Cel2 in May.

Mike

16. Mara-hari

Mara-hari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Hey everyone - better late than never, right? I'm Heidi, 27, and although I grew up in Indiana, PA, I now live and work in New Castle. I've been a SW fan since the film came out in '77, and my obsession has not waned. I do some collecting - mostly the 12' figures and some action figures, and I just recently got into costuming, as I went to my first SciFi convention last year! I just finished a Jedi costume for Celebration II, and a lightsaber as well. I can't wait to wear them. Well, that's the general scoop - hope to eventually make it to one of the meetings in the future.

17. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Name: Classified
    Precise address: Secure Undisclosed Location
    Where I am since I'm not in Pittsburgh: University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL
    Where in Pittsburgh I'm from: Carnegie, specifically Rosslyn Farms
    Current occupation: Freshman Marine Science/Biology major
    Temper: Occaisionally short
    SW area of specialty: EU, technology, combat, ships
    Further info: Check the Lit boards in EU - frequent poster

18. Katy_Christensen

Katy_Christensen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2002
    ::stands up and waves::
    Hello! I'm KC and I'm from
    the Ohio Valley but this is
    the closest FF near me (you'll
    still love me, won't you?)
    I'm going to the celebration
    on the 4th. I'm short, blonde,
    and bubbly. I like fruity pebbles...

19. rose_jedi

rose_jedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2001
    *stands and shouts all the way from State College*

Well I am origianlly from Washington County, PA, in Coal Center (that's almost on the MON). I am 19 and am currently at school at PSU Main studying animal science.

I've been a SW fan since I was 12 and love reading EU. (Although the NJO had me more than a little ticked after 'Star by Star.'
    Poor Anakin! :_| )

Oh yeah, and I'm new to the Fan Force Boards. Anyway, nice to meet everyone!

20. Darth_Gohan

Darth_Gohan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey my name is dean... im Ola's little brother... i am 17... i have liekd star wars my whole lie... i got ola liking star wars.. and hooked her up w/ her star wears fan husaband... ummm i wouldnt consider myself a regular on here... i went to one meeting.. sorry guys! Im glad to see there aare alot more people in here! are ther eany plans to see AOTC at midnight anywhere? i know im definitl.y goin um my favoirte star wars character is obi wan kenobi.... i once lost a girl freind because i told her star wars was more important than her.... (what i didnt want to lie to her)i ahve not looked at ANY spoliers i am proud of myself.. i actually have pretty much no idea what is gonna happen in this movie!!! i just hope mace widnu gets his head chopped off and jar jar binks is ejected into the vacuum of space. best jedi: ploo koon hopefully he will get some action.. coolest lightsaber color: dandylion

alright
    May The Force Be With Yinz
    Darth Gohan

21. Darth_Gohan

Darth_Gohan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    Please excuse my most terrible typing skills!!!

May the force be with yinz
    Gohan

22. JediDaveFromDaBurgh

JediDaveFromDaBurgh Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    My name is Dave, 27, and from Forest Hills (about 10-15 min from downtown PGH). I've been into SW as long as I can remember anything (however, I do remember my two older sisters wanting to take me to see SW back in '77, but I wanted to see, and they took me to, Superman 2. Dooh!) Anywho, I collect 3 3/4 in figures. I'll be talkin' to yinz guys soon...

23. jaster9001

jaster9001 Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2002
    Jason here...26
    Born and brought up on a healthy supply of Star Wars and Ive never let go.
    Live in Greentree now and graduated from IUP in '98, but now go to Slippery Rock for grad school. Made it to Denver three years ago for Celebration I and Im utterly jealous of everyone going this year, I just cant now that Im back in school but have fun. Hope to meet and hang out with everyone at some point so Ill talk to yinz later.

24. DARTHSURPRISE

DARTHSURPRISE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    Mike here. Lived in PGH all my life. 28 yrs old. Grew up on star wars(the first movie i ever saw at the theater was SW) Currently live in Lawrenceville. I've been on these boards since Oct. but i'm just starting to get the hang of these boards.

25. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    Hello all. My name is Jason and I live in Indiana county. I am very new to these boards and just found them recently and its pretty cool to see other Star Wars fans near me. Anyway I've been a fan almost my whole 23 year life span and collect the toys mostly. I got them hanging up in my room woohoo! Anywho I'm so new I dont even know how to get one of those pictures on the side there. Or will one just pop up for me? I'll see as soon as I finish this. Well thats it for now. See ya'll later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.